Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 13:36   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

I had called the sales person and the offer is still on.
I am going at 11:00am tomorrow and booking.
Good or bad news, I'll post a confirmed news tomorrow.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:09   #122
BHPian

actual mail sent to delaer had this to say..

actual mail sent to dealer had this to say.. please note the highlighted sentences...

Quote:
SUBJECT : --- Palio stile Dhamaka 2010 - Limited period scheme

Dear Sir,

Sub: Palio Dhamaka We are pleased to announce limited period scheme for Palio. The highlights of the scheme would be as follows. Models Covered: - Freshly produced select nos 2010 model. Palio SLX BS III Palio SDX BS III Color Choice:- Availability would be as under

* Exotica Red
* Bossa Nova White
* Medium Grey
* Infinity Black

Stock available at dealerships as on 20th May 2010. Scheme Details Common Ex Showroom price across India for each model Palio SLX BS III at 2.99 lacs + First Year Insurance free from FGA + Free RSA- 48 months + Free Ex Warranty for 30 Months over and above standard 18 months. Palio SDX BS III at 3.89 Lacs + First Year Insurance free from FGA + Free RSA- 48 months + Free Ex Warranty for 30 Months over and above standard 18 months. Booking At nearest Tata – Fiat dealer. BS IV locations dealers can look at available stock produced before 1St Apr 2010 or to take booking only if they can get the vehicle registered in their Territory which allows BS III registration. Booking amount - Rs. 50000/- Delivery - 45-60 days form the date of Booking for freshly produced vehicles. Price Grid Applicability (Scheme Ex Showroom Prices Common across all Dealer Locations)

Any increase in statuary taxes – Excise, CST, VAT, LST, Surcharge, Octroi, Local Body Taxes etc by Government would result in increase of Ex Showroom Prices to that effect. Scheme Communication: E Mailers to Tata Motors Limited Employees, Tata Group Co Employees, Fiat Group Co Employees, Select Corporate. Dealers to offer scheme to select known Fiat Loyalists who are keen to own a Palio. No Bulk Mails / Ads are advisable. E Mailer developed by Tata Motors will be shared to use to your data base. If Required Tata Motors will release ads. Scheme Caution: Model & Color availability is Final and no requests to be entertained for any other variant / color apart from what has been mentioned. Kindly communicate strictly the Delivery timings as per guidelines given. On receipt of a customer order Dealership needs to immediately open a Yellow form and place order in CRMDMS. Also send a mail to respective Product Manager keeping him informed. All invoices need to be done at the Ex Showroom prices mentioned as per Grid for the below 2 reasons # Insurance working has been done at the mentioned Ex Showroom Prices # TML Contribution to dealer will have VAT Contribution effect. For e,g, Current Ex Showroom Price - 485000/- Scheme Ex Showroom Price - 389000/- Discount Given to Customer - 96000/- TML Reimbursement to Dealer- 85333/- ( As per 12.5 % Vat, In states with higher VAT, TML contribution will come down by that effect. In No case full payment to be accepted from Prospect and in case dealer does so he is liable for interest and any other claim by party. Dealer may like to devise a cancellation policy and suitable charge for cancellation. No request of deviation of Cash in lieu of Insurance / Ex Warranty / RSA to be entertained. No Additional discount on Bulk / Corporate sales. Scheme Contribution : The total discount will be borne by Tata Motors and there will be no contribution from Dealer side in the scheme. Dealership can retain the Total Dealer Margin . Scheme Closure: Tata Motors reserves the right to call off the scheme at any time and no more orders will be accepted post that date of closure. However TML will try to give a grace period for closure of scheme.

Happy Selling !!!!
Old 30th July 2010, 14:32   #123
Senior - BHPian

As far as I know, it was not publicized at all. The email sent to dealers confirms the same. The offer was more or less only for Fiat and Tata employees, select dealerships and Fiat loyalists. If advertised, the bookings may have soared and set some sort of a record. 750 might have been like 10000, who knows?

I wish Fiat makes these 750 cars somewhat speacial by making it a limited edition badge and adding some freebie features. IT would be memorable for everyone, including Fiat.
Old 30th July 2010, 14:55   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
I have booked a Palio Stile SDX model. All '08 and '09 models are sold out. This is confirmed by Fiat.

I will be getting a 2010 model. Palio now available only in Punto colors. On road price for SDX in Bangalore is Rs.4.49L. Delivery is mostly in October.

After I booked one, three of my Colleagues too have booked!
Hi, But i checked the web site and for Bangalore this is the price. There is a huge diff. Can you pls confirm again its 4.49 for SDX ? Also were you offered any discount which brought the cost down?
PetrolPALIO SLPALIO SLEPALIO SLXPALIO 1.6347134364555383896456724DieselPALIO SD PALIO SDE PALIO SDX 444506464361484218
Old 30th July 2010, 15:06   #125
Senior - BHPian

Its a wonderful opportunity for FIAT lovers. 2.99L Ex showroom for SLX is a must grab as a first car. It really makes sense for people who are looking for a used diesel hatch to buy a brand new SDX. So 750 more Palios will hit Indian road by October 2010, thats sweet .
Old 30th July 2010, 15:16   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Bhai View Post
Hi, But i checked the web site and for Bangalore this is the price. There is a huge diff. Can you pls confirm again its 4.49 for SDX ? Also were you offered any discount which brought the cost down?
PetrolPALIO SLPALIO SLEPALIO SLXPALIO 1.6347134364555383896456724DieselPALIO SD PALIO SDE PALIO SDX 444506464361484218

Hi Karim

The website prices were not yet updated as far as i know, this is only limited time offer thats going on and can be withdrawn anytime.

Wish Fiat could continue the offer price of palio permanently, would they??
Old 30th July 2010, 15:31   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim Bhai View Post
Dealer's initial price was 4.65lac on road. After a small discount, it came up to 4.49lac on road. The website price is definitely not updated. It could mislead many

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Its a wonderful opportunity for FIAT lovers. 2.99L Ex showroom for SLX is a must grab as a first car. It really makes sense for people who are looking for a used diesel hatch to buy a brand new SDX. So 750 more Palios will hit Indian road by October 2010, thats sweet .
Exactly. For any first time buyer, the SLX would be perfect. Those who have smaller cars or looking for budget diesel cars could go in for the SDX.

I too am keenly looking forward for the 750 Palios that would hit the streets some time end of September or October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by challa View Post
Wish Fiat could continue the offer price of palio permanently, would they??
If Fiats continue to produce Palios at this pricing (ex of 3.89 lac), it would turn into a top seller and induce a hell of a compitition with other manufactueres. Fiats would be very well benefited. The winner would be the customer at the end of the day.
Old 30th July 2010, 16:39   #128
BHPian

I will not suggest to go for SLX. As far as I rembmer 1.1 engine components are imported from Brazil, and they are costly.

1.3 Multijet or 1.6 is good option to opt for this opprtunitiy.
Old 30th July 2010, 17:47   #129
BHPian

After Sales Service & Spares Availability

Hello,

Can the prospective buyers of the Palio SDX under the discount offer throw some light on the spares availability and service scenario of the Palio SDX post the warranty period? Am not to concerned about the resale value coz i intent to drive it for 5 years min.

Cheers!

Sparkglow
Old 30th July 2010, 18:40   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Hello,

Can the prospective buyers of the Palio SDX under the discount offer throw some light on the spares availability and service scenario of the Palio SDX post the warranty period? Am not to concerned about the resale value coz i intent to drive it for 5 years min.

Cheers!

Sparkglow
Your post seems so funny No offense mate. Taking into consideration for a new car in warranty + extended warranty which means 36 Months, how would one know what would be the status of the Spares and Services after 3 years?? Especially when the Palio Stile would be classic till that time.

If spares availability and service scenario is the top most and only criteria for your buy, please do not but a FIAT car. You would be better off with a Maruti or Hyundai car. Except if you are a FIAT fanboy to which this discounted offer is catering to!

Cheers~
Old 30th July 2010, 18:51   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaymugur View Post
actual mail sent to dealer had this to say.. please note the highlighted sentences...
What irony ! I thought this email should not be shared on an online forum. It goes against the spirit of the below statement, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TataMotors View Post
No Bulk Mails / Ads are advisable....
Old 30th July 2010, 18:57   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
What irony ! I thought this email should not be shared on an online forum. It goes against the spirit of the below statement, no?
Thats the fun of it. Anyways, it is reaching the right people in good spirit.
Old 30th July 2010, 20:30   #133
BHPian

I made the booking today. The service at the dealership was quick & efficient.

The interaction with Divisional Manager for FIAT at Prerana, Mr.Yogesh and the sales person Mr.Suresh were very cordial.

Estimated Delivery is 60 days. Have already started counting them
Old 30th July 2010, 20:37   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydofcochin View Post
I made the booking today. The service at the dealership was quick & efficient.
Congrats Lloyd! What color and model did you choose?
Old 30th July 2010, 21:39   #135
BHPian

Urgent help needed.

Hi,

Even i want to book under this scheme by tomorrow.

But the catch is that i am currently employed in Hyderabad, and i want to book, purchase and keep the car in kolkata which is in my home state and near my home town. Now i ll have to complete the booking process via mails and calls with the dealership.

So far i have asked for a mail confirmation from them that they are going to allow me avail the current offer of discounted Ex showroom price(3.89 lacs) free insurance, free extended warranty and free RSA during the delivery 6-7 weeks later. They are going to send such confirmation tomorrow.

I plan to transfer the booking amount of 50K to the account of the dealer, after the mail confirmation. The have promised to send me a scanned copy of the money receipt, via mail, soon after. And also i will get a friend of mine to pick up the hard copy of the same later tomorrow.

Is this plan good enough? Or should i send the money via my friend and get the payment done upfront? This is my first car booking and i do not know what documentation to expect. Is the money receipt the only thing that i should get or shall i get some agreement on a stamp paper stating my choice of the car stating reversal of booking amount if the promises are not kept by the dealer. Should the mail from the dealer confirming that the offer will be provided at delivery time be enough or should i get a hard copy of that letter at least? Please advise !

Sorry if the questions are silly. But I am in a dilemma since I am compelled to rush and hurry, and that too from a long distance, for the purchase of my first car.

Last edited by SilkDrive : 30th July 2010 at 21:41.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks