Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2010, 23:32   #151
BHPian

^^

And the tribe keeps increasing

If FIAT continues this offer for a couple of weeks more I'm sure that it's going to be FIAT's best seller beating Linea & Punto
Old 1st August 2010, 00:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post

By the way, I am getting married in October.

Congrats funkykar !

Off topic again !! I am getting married in November.
Old 1st August 2010, 00:03   #153
BHPian

Forget 10,000 you cannot get a better car for a few lakhs more

Quote:
Originally Posted by vista_qjd View Post
I dont understand why the palio is in so much demand. At 4.4 Lacs, it still is not cheap. For a few ten thousands more, you can get so many better new generation cars. Think of the choices available, why put the money into something that is outdated and old? Unless you are a hardcore Palio fan, its a bit difficult to digest.
Once you drive a Palio for more than short distances you mature to fall in love with it. I have a Cruze now and was forced to sell my 6 year old GTX last year due to pressure from my employer and to this day I regret selling it. Personally( its purely my opinion) the only car that beats the Palio costs 23 lakhs and upwards. Talk to anyone who has two cars one a GTX and another of any brand/model below 23 lakhs and you will be surprised that he prefers the Palio over the other car except for snob value. Ask him this one question about which hatchback or sedan he would travel in alone on a pleasure trip if he was to travel 100s of km into the wilderness. The persons answer will always be the Palio. I am not talking about dirt tracks here. Please note I am comparing other cars to the GTX/S10 but I am sure the mjd would not be that far behind after all they share the same genes.

I do not have a GTX now but am still a fanboy and always will be because I know what tremendous/stupendous value for money it is. Sexy Punto's and Linea's will come and go but the Palio will remain king at least in my heart. You might fall head over heels for the opposite sex probably over just one parameter during your student life but you mature to end with a wife/husband who is above average or just average in everything and not the best in any of it and still you end up loving her/him and caring for her/him.

If you ask any Mercedes benz fanboy he will tell you straight away that the best solid Benz ever sold here was the rectangular headlight E/S class of the W124/W140 platform similarly FIAT did a miracle when they conjured up the PalioGTX/S10. Unfortunately they have lost the midas touch after creating the GTX.
Mercedes-Benz W124 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mercedes-Benz W140 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 1st August 2010, 01:30   #154
BHPian

Hi guys,

I too have booked a Palio Stile Multijet SDX Exotica Red from Prerana Motors on Friday. I was looking around for a used diesel sedan around 5 lakhs, had checked out a few Ford Fiestas as well, but could not make up my mind. Once I came to know about this offer (thanks to the thread starter joshguy), it was a no brainer at 4.5 lakhs. I've always been a fan of Fiat cars for their build quality, space and highway behavior. Well...the time has come for a long drive down to sunset

Cheers!
Old 1st August 2010, 10:14   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
Once you drive a Palio for more than short distances you mature to fall in love with it. I have a Cruze now and was forced to sell my 6 year old GTX last year due to pressure from my employer and to this day I regret selling it. Personally( its purely my opinion) the only car that beats the Palio costs 23 lakhs and upwards. Talk to anyone who has two cars one a GTX and another of any brand/model below 23 lakhs and you will be surprised that he prefers the Palio over the other car except for snob value. Ask him this one question about which hatchback or sedan he would travel in alone on a pleasure trip if he was to travel 100s of km into the wilderness. The persons answer will always be the Palio. I am not talking about dirt tracks here. Please note I am comparing other cars to the GTX/S10 but I am sure the mjd would not be that far behind after all they share the same genes.

I do not have a GTX now but am still a fanboy and always will be because I know what tremendous/stupendous value for money it is. Sexy Punto's and Linea's will come and go but the Palio will remain king at least in my heart. You might fall head over heels for the opposite sex probably over just one parameter during your student life but you mature to end with a wife/husband who is above average or just average in everything and not the best in any of it and still you end up loving her/him and caring for her/him.

If you ask any Mercedes benz fanboy he will tell you straight away that the best solid Benz ever sold here was the rectangular headlight E/S class of the W124/W140 platform similarly FIAT did a miracle when they conjured up the PalioGTX/S10. Unfortunately they have lost the midas touch after creating the GTX.
Mercedes-Benz W124 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mercedes-Benz W140 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well said Doc. That sums it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
Hi guys,

I too have booked a Palio Stile Multijet SDX Exotica Red from Prerana Motors on Friday. I was looking around for a used diesel sedan around 5 lakhs, had checked out a few Ford Fiestas as well, but could not make up my mind. Once I came to know about this offer (thanks to the thread starter joshguy), it was a no brainer at 4.5 lakhs. I've always been a fan of Fiat cars for their build quality, space and highway behavior. Well...the time has come for a long drive down to sunset

Cheers!
Congratulations Weathered and welcome to the group

And now the wait begins!!
Old 1st August 2010, 10:36   #156
Senior - BHPian

Is their anyway that we can all keep a check on our cars while they are been born
i have even purchase alloys and tires in advance (linea alloys)
ps i have have gone in for a bossa nova white SDX
Old 1st August 2010, 11:07   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
Is their anyway that we can all keep a check on our cars while they are been born
i have even purchase alloys and tires in advance (linea alloys)
ps i have have gone in for a bossa nova white SDX
I can hardly imagine, how wonderful this mod would look! That was a really cool idea to go for the Linea alloys. I guess it would also look killer on the black one. How much did the alloys cost you? And are the alloys of linea and palio of same spec (regarding pcd, etc). I do not have much idea in this area.

Concorde Motors, Hyderabad, told me that they will be providing me the engine and chasis number once the car is manufactured and is in the transit, and that would be around a month later. They did not mention anything about giving me the VIN. Is it same for others who have booked?
Old 1st August 2010, 11:41   #158
Senior - BHPian

Man if this rate of booking continues then FIAT will be wondering when they will actually be able to pull the plug on Palio.

Wish this offer was there when I was deciding on which car to go for.
Old 1st August 2010, 19:49   #159
BHPian

Similar to windows XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by download2live View Post
Man if this rate of booking continues then FIAT will be wondering when they will actually be able to pull the plug on Palio.
Microsoft decided to pull the plug on the XP operating system years ago but it still is supported and sold and not only that there are lakhs of people who gladly downgrade from Windows 7 and Vista.

Everyone would not be nuts to do the supposed downgrade; same is the case with the Palio. Once you realize the value that the Palio has its difficult to forgo the bargain. Palio was released to the public in India far far ahead of its time. If FIAT goes it alone and improve the availability of spares there is going to be an MJD in my drive way for sure at least a second hand one. Two year old MJD's should be available for a song with the present price cuts for the new car.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:37   #160
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, but given some of the comparisons being made between the Punto and the Palio, here's a perspective of an owner who upgraded from a S10 to a Punto :

http://www.carwale.com/forums/ViewTh...tml#post115319
Old 1st August 2010, 20:45   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Wish this offer was there when I was deciding on which car to go for.
You bet! If this is the rate of bookings for a BS3 Palio, just imagine how well they would do if they decided to release a BS4 Palio, may be in the price band of 4.9-5.1lac on road.

@Weathered: Congratulations! We shall stay in touch on all discussions related to the Palio on this very thread.
Old 1st August 2010, 22:11   #162
BHPian

Quote:
+1 on that.

BTW, any one, other than me, who availed this offer in Hyderabad?
Old 1st August 2010, 22:12   #163
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a Palio Stile SDX model. All '08 and '09 models are sold out. This is confirmed by Fiat.

I will be getting a 2010 model. Palio now available only in Punto colors. On road price for SDX in Bangalore is Rs.4.49L. Delivery is mostly in October.

After I booked one, three of my Colleagues too have booked!
Are you sure? I called up Fiat in June just ahead of my Swift purchase, but the dealer said in Bangalore no Palio's are available. I would have surely gone for it had it been available. 4.5 onroad is well, straight 1.5 lakhs over my LDi
Old 1st August 2010, 22:57   #164
h14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@ h14 - I asked my close friend in CBE to enquire with TAFE, he reverted saying the offer has ended. I assumed GEM was also a FIAT dealer and wanted to enquire but then I asked you...

Pls PM me any references in TAFE and also your # to talk.
AirWind, Gem was recently appointed as the new TATA FIAT dealer after TAFE. Its hardly a month since they have started operations for FIAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h14 View Post
People, the offer is now closed. There has been 750 bookings for 2010 models and hence fiat has closed the offer.
Quote:
Wow! How did you get to know this? Is this confirmed news. 750 nos is a whopping number!
Got the info from a reliable source when I was enquiring about the offer for AirWind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Did fiat advertise this made-to-order-2010-model palio in any national newspaper?
If not, its really amazing they relied only on word-of-month publicity while coming up with this scheme. Makes it even more curious as to why they are doing this in the first place.
I believe this is purely by word-of-mouth. The offer was first out during the last half of May2010 when we booked the 2008 model. Some details on how the offer started is in here:

Click on the below Yahoo! Group link for more details

Yahoo! Groups

Last edited by h14 : 1st August 2010 at 22:58. Reason: corrected URL
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:23   #165
Senior - BHPian

I sent inquiry to Fiat through there site. Surprisingly i got call from dealer on Saturday. He said offer is on & price SDX model is 3.89 on road !!! Ins & other things are free of cost in the offer. His Pune number is 9881716361. Person name is Kapoor. Only thing he mentioned is address should be out of octroi. Unfortunately i have another car with me & also having severe parking problem. Else i would have definitely bought one :(

Take benefit of this offer guys. DOnt miss it who really wants to buy a car now. Fiat diesel is the best
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks