Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:27   #166
Senior - BHPian

^ It is 3.89 ex-showroom price for the SDX, not the on road price. I really wonder if the bookings have closed. A couple of friends of mine reported that they are still accepting bookings this week.

@H14: Please do keep us updated with any new information you get on thse front.
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:04   #167
BHPian

Guys, I was just wondering a few questions over and over agina which makes me rethink..
1. Firstly, i have heard other palio users point out that SDX has a few niggling problems which do not go and keep coming up again and again! Is this true! can any existing SDX users give a perspective in this regard.
2. With the extended warranty taken, is it safe enough to assume that there should be a suitable amount of spares stocked up?
3. how i could upgrade this to various tyres and alloys option without the warranty going bust!
4. what would be a good time to get in Pete's box in a new diesel car?
5. is it possible that Fiat would have changed the standard configuration in some way to reduce the cost price of the car and hence sell it at such low prices?
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:29   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Guys, I was just wondering a few questions over and over agina which makes me rethink..
1. Firstly, i have heard other palio users point out that SDX has a few niggling problems which do not go and keep coming up again and again! Is this true! can any existing SDX users give a perspective in this regard.
2. With the extended warranty taken, is it safe enough to assume that there should be a suitable amount of spares stocked up?
3. how i could upgrade this to various tyres and alloys option without the warranty going bust!
4. what would be a good time to get in Pete's box in a new diesel car?
5. is it possible that Fiat would have changed the standard configuration in some way to reduce the cost price of the car and hence sell it at such low prices?
For 1st question, please be specific to what the issue is so that other Palio users could answer.

For the 2nd question, why do they need to stock parts? Correct way would be to manufacture them or get it manufactured by their vendors. Its not a maintenance Fiat is providing. Its extended warranty. Extended warranty is only for things that had a manufacturing defect which would generally be minmal. The real parts need comes of regular wear and tear parts.

3rd, I guess if you upgrade to alloys that are made by Fiat, and if any exception is provided in warranty, then its good.

4th: I let the others who have used comment on it.

5th: This is for the SDX model and am sure Fiat wouldnt do anything so cheap to make money. Moreover, this offer is mainly for Fiat loyalists as stated by themselves. Why would they screw up and dig their own grave?
Old 2nd August 2010, 14:45   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
5th: This is for the SDX model and am sure Fiat wouldnt do anything so cheap to make money. Moreover, this offer is mainly for Fiat loyalists as stated by themselves. Why would they screw up and dig their own grave?

Can't agree more on this. A company like Fiat with such a history behind it would not do something so cheap as compromising on quality, at large. As a matter of fact I do not think any of the others would either. These kind of cheap tricks are a forte of only a handful of corrupt dealers. Big players don't adopt such malpractices IMO.

And in case, fiat could have managed to change the configuration or whatever to reduce manufacturing costs so drastically, retaining almost the same quality, then it would have been a major breakthrough, and in that case fiat would have advertised all over to give a major push to the sales figures of the palio, rather than keeping it a limited period, hush hush affair.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:16   #170
Senior - BHPian

Enrolled myself in the waiting list!
Just booked a medium grey MJD!! Hope to get the car in flesh within a couple of months, rather than refund of advance money

Booking was done at Prerana (ring road). The problem is- confusion over road tax calculation continues which could make the deal dearer by another 13K or so (in Bangalore). Manager there claims to have gotten the matter clarified with Fiat as well.

Last edited by santosh.s : 2nd August 2010 at 17:18. Reason: correction
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:20   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
Enrolled myself in the waiting list!
Just booked a medium grey MJD!!

The problem is- confusion over road tax calculation continues which could make the deal dearer by another 13K or so (in Bangalore). Manager there claims to have clarified the matter with Fiat as well.

Hearty congratulations!

Did the tax calculation issue get resolved? What was the verdict? I too was told by the Sales head at Prerana that the tax would be calculated on the original undiscounted price which I felt was very ridiculous. However, most of the guys who got the 2008/2009 models in the clearance sale paid tax only for the discounted price.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:31   #172
BHPian

Quote:
^ I agree with the tank like feel. Its a manly car. If anyone likes the Palio or not, no one can deny its feel and sturdiness.

Wow! Ladakh would be a super idea on the Palio. I too have something similar in mind. A very very long honeymoon trip in October.

By the way, I am getting married in October.
CONGRATULATIONS Karthik for your impending marriage and offcourse for hooking the Palio is this good offer from Fiat.

Guys,

Any idea what is the ex-showroom and on-road price for the Palio 1.6 Petrol in this discount offer?

Thanks,
Sats

Last edited by Rehaan : 10th August 2010 at 16:10. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:35   #173
h14
BHPian

Quote:
However, most of the guys who got the 2008/2009 models in the clearance sale paid tax only for the discounted price.
Yes. Out of the 8 cars booked in Coimbatore, (6-2008, 1-2009, 1-2010), the seven cars have been registered with tax calculated from the discounted price. The 2010 model is yet to be delivered. Will keep you all posted when this car get registered.
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:49   #174
Senior - BHPian

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible for this offer if it was done for 2008/2009 models! Good thing is that in the order form ex. showroom is mentioned as 3.89L only, no mention about old price and the extent of discount etc. What I was told is that RTO people have the pre-discount price in their records, that is why they calculate tax based on that. Then I asked what happens when companies (Tata/Fiat) routinely update their prices? RTO has to update their records, no? He said- yes, they do. But only if it is +ve, not if it is -ve. Which implies that RTO won't reduce the tax is manufacturer choose to offer a clearance sale at a lower price or reduce prices for any other reason! Sounds stupid, hard to digest. It seems OK if RTO has such rules for dealer offered discounts.

May be we should sort it out ourselves collectively, while we have ample time before registration.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:00   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sats View Post
Guys,

Any idea what is the ex-showroom and on-road price for the Palio 1.6 Petrol in this discount offer?

Thanks,
Sats
There is no 1.6 version available. Only the petrol SLX and the diesel SDX are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by santosh.s View Post
What I was told is that RTO people have the pre-discount price in their records, that is why they calculate tax based on that.

Sounds stupid, hard to digest. It seems OK if RTO has such rules for dealer offered discounts.

May be we should sort it out ourselves collectively, while we have ample time before registration.
I totally agree wwith you on this! It really sounds absurd for me too. Lets imagine like some x car manufactures a car y and sells it at 10lakhs. for some reason, they slash the price to 7 lakhs. So do the new customers still need to pay tax for 10 lakhs

What suprises me is why only couple of dealers are talking about this in Bangalore. I guess most of the others who have booked too will be in soup when the showdown happens in September/October. Totally absurd logic in my opinion.
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:50   #176
BHPian

great to see the lord of road return & that too with so many palio lovers coming to book , i just enquired from chandigarh dealer & he is asking 11000 premium over 3.89 , can anybody from chandigarh confirm, also if there is free insurance scheme?
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:11   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satnam141 View Post
great to see the lord of road return & that too with so many palio lovers coming to book , i just enquired from chandigarh dealer & he is asking 11000 premium over 3.89 , can anybody from chandigarh confirm, also if there is free insurance scheme?
My goodness! This is a limit. A premium for a car thats phased out? Unbelievable. Hope Fiat sees this thread and take a cue to consider releasing a BS4 model instead of phasing out.

3.89 lakh should be common across India. The email thats attached on one this thread posts made no discrepancies of price variation in different cities. Insurance, extended warranty and road side support are free.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:00   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which dealer is it ?

The following are the free goodies:
1. 48 Months Warranty
2. 48 Months roadside assistance
3. Free 1st year Insurance

Last edited by abhibh : 2nd August 2010 at 23:01.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:41   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
While it is wrong on the part of your dealer atleast he is acknowledging that this scheme is in place.

Almost all of the dealers in Delhi, Faridabad and Gurgaon have a standard reply "Palio is no longer available."

After a week of searching to book the Petrol SLX I have almost given up. The car was meant for one of our sales guys and now he will have to contend with the new K series Alto or Spark at best. I feel for the poor guy, I would have gladly footed the comparatively higher fuel bill sound in the knowledge that he is driving a structurally much more secure vehicle rather than a tin can on the highways around NCR.

Last edited by khoj : 2nd August 2010 at 23:46.
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:35   #180
BHPian

Any update, if the 2010 Palio MJD offer is extended or stopped?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks