Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 22:40   #856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuldagap
Diesel Fiat 500 , within 3 years from now.
Unless a Jeep comes to thwart it away
I believe the 500's were limited numbers only. I don't think Fiat sells them anymore.
Old 24th January 2012, 00:00   #857
BHPian

Re: Your Next Car?

Current : Chevy Spark
Next :This hatch pulls the strings to your heart like no other, Early March 2012.
Old 24th January 2012, 00:19   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Next Car: Pretty ambitious for a first car, it will be a Fiat GP 90 HP.
You could look for a Maruti Swift. There are plenty of used ones out there or you can opt for a new Swift. There's no doubt you will find parts for it no matter which town you stop at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invidious View Post
I want the smallest possible car with an automatic shift
Maruti has the A-Star that offers an automatic transmission in the mid variant (VXi). The only other vehicle they have with automatic transmission is the SX4, which is a sedan.
Old 24th January 2012, 00:42   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
You could look for a Maruti Swift. There are plenty of used ones out there or you can opt for a new Swift. There's no doubt you will find parts for it no matter which town you stop at.

Maruti has the A-Star that offers an automatic transmission in the mid variant (VXi). The only other vehicle they have with automatic transmission is the SX4, which is a sedan.
Why would I need parts for a brand new car? I thought first few years would be a breeze. Anyway, I really don't like the Swift but appreciate the thought.
Old 24th January 2012, 01:38   #860
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r

I believe the all new swift dezire CS will also sport an auto tranny in the middle variant. So that's a fun to drive vehicle at a lower price point than SX4.

While smallest cheapest AT car is indeed the A star, the i10 auto is probably a better bet.
Old 24th January 2012, 03:04   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nitin_r View Post
I don't think he is worried of parts/A.S.S if considering Punto, it has other good things.

My next ride will be an SUV or a powerful sedan.
Old 24th January 2012, 03:07   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I believe the 500's were limited numbers only. I don't think Fiat sells them anymore.
Yeah i know. That's why the Jeep and the 3 years time frame
Old 24th January 2012, 09:53   #863
Team-BHP Support

I'm about 18 - 24 months away from a change but at this point, these are some of the contendors I'm very broadly looking to replace my wife's petrol i20 with (all Diesel options and listed in no particular order of preference):

Swift Dzire CS Maruti;
Ertiga Maruti;
Innova Toyota;
Vento VW;
Ecosport Ford;
Sunny Nissan;
[Any other mini MPV options that are smaller than Innova].

Broad considerations:

- Must be comfortable at the back. Comfortable ride quality. This is a MUST HAVE and the foremost reason that I'm looking to replace the i20.
- FE. While any diesel FE will be acceptable, a diesel vehicle that gives 16 - 17 kmpl against 10 - 11 kmpl will be prerefable unless a less efficient car is adding value on some other front. This will be the run about car at home constantly shuttling all across town as per requirements so diesel is a must.
- should have decent space in the boot.
- should have decent power if possible and more importantly have some driving pleasure.
- Dead steering wheels unwelcome.
e.g. Swift steering = point and shoot, smile on face; i20 steering = boat, grrrr (I've owned both so speaking from personal experience)
- Relatively compact dimensions preferable but will consider Innova too if no other smaller car meetgs my requirements;
- Budget: 6 - 10 lakhs (Again can stretch for top of the line Innova if no other cheaper car makes sense).
- should be good for 6 - 8 years of hassle free ownership.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:04   #864
BHPian

My next car would be Honda CRV. I know it is overpriced but I have started saving for it.
Old 24th January 2012, 10:09   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Why would I need parts for a brand new car? I thought first few years would be a breeze.
That's true. With a new vehicle, you will probably not need any replacement of parts for 4-6 years, except for the regulars - clutch, brake pads, and light fittings (curse those 2-wheelers that keep knocking the rear lights out with their knee-guards!) and the regular parts are always in stock. Beyond that, you might need glow plugs, brake boosters, and suspension. You won't have any problems procuring the glow plugs and suspension, but getting the brake boosters can take up to a month (though you can drive without one too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
I don't think he is worried of parts/A.S.S if considering Punto, it has other good things.

My next ride will be an SUV or a powerful sedan.
What about an MUV? Those passenger vans come with lots of space - enough to carry the family and all the luggage for a weekend trip! They don't have off-road ability like many SUVs though. I haven't driven an SUV or MUV yet so can't but for the city traffic, I'd rather have a sedan or a hatch back - at least I can see the bikes parked behind me!
Old 24th January 2012, 10:09   #866
Senior - BHPian

We want a replacement for the Bolero and another SUV is what is required. Waiting for the Renault Duster. Praying that they price it right.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:03   #867
BHPian

My Punto is barely 8 months old, but then what the heck!

I am eagerly looking forward to the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster.
These look like potential prospects in a couple of years from now.

On a more optimistic note, I absolutely ADORE the Renault Fluence. I'd love to get my hands on a fully-loaded diesel Fluence soon!
Old 24th January 2012, 15:12   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
My Punto is barely 8 months old, but then what the heck!

I am eagerly looking forward to the Ford EcoSport and the Renault Duster.
These look like potential prospects in a couple of years from now.

On a more optimistic note, I absolutely ADORE the Renault Fluence. I'd love to get my hands on a fully-loaded diesel Fluence soon!
That's a good choice Pyrotek. Same is the case with me. My Punto 90hp is just over 7 months now and there's no way I'm buying another one before 5 or more years. But, given the speed at which the Indian Auto scene is changing and expanding, I'm tempted to try my hands on a few 'prospective' ones. These will be -

Nissan Sunny Diesel
VW Vento Tdi
Ford EcoSport
Maruti Suzuki Ertiga
Old 24th January 2012, 15:16   #869
BHPian

Next Car: Skoda Superb Petrol DSG replacing the vRS.
SUV: Not Sure. Maybe XUV 5OO or Hyundai Santa Fe or the new T-Fort 4x2 AT replacing the santro
Old 24th January 2012, 17:34   #870
BHPian

Indian automobile scene is changing (for good) at such a pace that anything that i upgrade today will be outdated within 18-24 months.

Well, for my next upgrade (from existing OHC Vtec and Lancer), heart says - CIVIC, mind says - buy a diesel sedan; and over next 12-14 months, I might end up retaining OHC and buying a Vista (TATA is improving at a good pace).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks