Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 07:25   #931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i am in search for a petrol automatic Hatch. the aim is to keep car for a long period. and it would be used by multiple members of the family.

I was going to buy the Honda Brio automatic. it was a no brainier decision. but New Nissan Micra facelift with Cvt gearbox is coming soon. and its more fuel efficient than the Brio. (i believe so). Hence plan is on Hold for now.
Yeah CVTs would return more FE than TCs. But if FE is a key concern n budget is not, look at the Polo GT TSI. DSG is the most fuel efficient auto box out there. Or should I say "semi-auto"...
Old 26th June 2013, 08:21   #932
BHPian

Re: Your Next Car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by princey View Post
Really want to get rid of the XUV and buy a Fortuner!!!
What are the issues you are facing with XUV?
Old 26th June 2013, 08:25   #933
BHPian

If you ask my personal opinion - SUV vs Sedan/Hatchback, I will always go for ride quality of Sedan / Hatchback. And in case of Sedan vs Hatchback, I have absolutely no issues if my car comes with a tail (Boot) or without it, so Hatchback is my obvious choice.
Last car I owned, Indica V2 DLG registered on Dec 29th, 2004, back than I use to rate as a luxury. Had I went to new car market 2-3 years back, in all probability I would have replaced it with another tried and tested (and in my case Maintenance free) Indica.
However, I still remember that how desperately I wanted to buy a Palio at that time, but price difference of 1.5 lakhs and doubts about FE as well as service network swayed my decision towards Tata. Though my relationship with Indica has been very smooth, all love and no hate, still at times I regret not buying a Fiat.
So as I start hunting for my new partner, Indica is no longer a option. I am confused between :
(All Diesel)
My Heart says -- Punto
My Mind Says -- Ritz
My Pocket -- Beat (if this wins, shall I wait for launch of i10 D?)
Old 26th June 2013, 08:46   #934
Senior - BHPian

I am happy with the Xylo though its 4 years and 50K KMs. Would not let the tusker go as long its running healthy and safe. May be if I get a lotto, I would upgrade to a Range Rover Evogue

But for the Accent CRDi which served us for 10 years and 130K KMs, I have a change plan in the back of my mind. May be a Skoda as I love their builds. Observing the market for the 2014 pipeline as well.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:23   #935
Distinguished - BHPian

Very difficult for me. I would like to have 4 features in my next car:

1. Should be good looking,
2. Should be rev-happy and satisfy enthusiastic driving need.
3. No doubt, should be fuel efficient too.
4. Good service quality and a wide network is preferable.

In fact, the car I like the most, at least to look at is either the Polo or the Vento. I have never had the chance to give either of them a spin but these cars have a timeless & classic design which appeals to me. The build quality looks great and the design is very European. But the cost of ownership (mainly due to expensive spares), VW service standard & quality in India and sparse network are not the factors which would encourage me buying a VW.

Thankfully, my current car (which has all 3 features listed above) is serving me flawlessly and reliably for past many years and shows no sign of getting tired in recent future, hence I think that I can put-off the car buying decision for sometime now.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 26th June 2013 at 12:25.
Old 26th June 2013, 12:43   #936
Team-BHP Support

I don't intend to buy anything in the immediate future, definitely no new car purchase of my own until 2016; I currently have both my hands full with the T-Jet and the Punto, but thinking ahead in terms of car acquisition plans, here's what I plan to do on the garage front :

2014 : Might get hold of a pre-owned Merc W124 (and restore) or a petrolhead beast like a Palio S10 / GTX or a Honda City (OHC) VTEC and modify it to satisfy the enthusiast in me - Cheap thrills! Then again, this plan may be cancelled in favour of a Ninja 300/650 which might cost similar figures and offer biking thrills, hehe.

2015 : we might add a Honda Brio Automatic to the stable, to do no-nonsense duty within the city for parents.

2016 / 2017 : BMW 320D / 530D based on how well my plans takeoff - the successor of the T-Jet, but the T-Jet will remain as is.

2019 / 2020 : a stylish show-off hatch or butch SUV like the Merc A-Class or ML350 or something. This wishlist is stretching beyond the limits of financial reality now, so I pinch myself and get back to work at this point .

I've decided that I cannot deal with the emotional pain of letting go of a vehicle, so no car will leave my garage henceforth. Vehicles will only be added to the garage, never deleted. If it means extra expenses to maintain multiple vehicles, I will wait that much longer to acquire the new car until I can afford everything put together.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th June 2013 at 12:48.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 12:55   #937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Very difficult for me. I would like to have 4 features in my next car:
1. Should be good looking,
2. Should be rev-happy and satisfy enthusiastic driving need.
3. No doubt, should be fuel efficient too.
4. Good service quality and a wide network is preferable.
Regards,
Saket
If we rephrase/ replace your words in above post, it would almost look like a matrimonial advertisement .

But, I agree to your post overall, we all look for similar qualities our next vehicle, since this is a major expense/ big purchase for a middle class family.
CARDEEP is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 13:02   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
If we rephrase/ replace your words in above post, it would almost look like a matrimonial advertisement .
I went through my post again after reading yours and indeed it does look like one! You got me CarDeep!
But to us enthusiasts, cars are like our 'other' better half apart from our regular better half, isn't it? (One hell of a face saver statement )

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
But, I agree to your post overall, we all look for similar qualities our next vehicle, since this is a major expense/ big purchase for a middle class family.
Yes, in a middle class family its a a big purchase and also a Long term purchase.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2013, 23:32   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
My next car ? Very unlikely to be a caaaar !
I'd love it if it was a whirling blue-white propeller or a Bulgarian beard with 4 rings ; more realistically maybe a premium hatchback like Polo/Punto or their sedan versions Linea (T-jet would be lovely, if petrol prices permit , or the Honda City as second choice in petrol ).
Oh boy, it did happen ! I didn't recollect saying this, but here I am , with a TJet in the parking! Despite the petrol prices being, not exactly permissive

Last edited by Ricci : 26th June 2013 at 23:56.
Old 26th June 2013, 23:41   #940
Senior - BHPian

My next car will be in budget of 5-7 lakhs and diesel/CNG powered replacing the WagonR may be after couple of years. My choices are Honda Amaze, Maruti Swift, Maruti WagonR CNG, Ford Figo and Ford Ecosport.

Let's see what's in store.
Old 27th June 2013, 07:36   #941
Senior - BHPian

With the Ecosport coming in, it has stopped me from looking for a product, now I'm left concentrating on getting the money to buy one

Even if it takes me some time, even if the prices increase in the near-term, I am sure I would be able to pick up a diesel Ecosport for under 10 lakhs
TheARUN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 10:40   #942
BHPian

By the 1st Quarter of 2014 if Abarth is launched then I will sell my old Punto for an Abarth Punto; if not, keep the Punto for a long time. I love that car I tell you .

If not buy a Iron 883.
vshetty is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 13:06   #943
Senior - BHPian

I'll be planning a new car or upgrade my existing Fabia next year. So as of right now, i'll prefer to go with either the Ford EcoSport (EcoBoost) or the (hopefully launched) 2014 Honda Jazz..
Old 27th June 2013, 14:04   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
We've had threads on our previous cars, family-owned vintage cars and even our dream cars (exotics and more).

Realistically, what is going to be your next car? ...

What is going to be your next car?
This is a very nice thread kind of gets me excited just replying!. So Lets see...
Realistically speaking, I think the upcoming new generation Honda City would be my next car. I will be buying one after 2 years and City choice based on the assumption the next gen will have come out by then and would be as good as the current one.
Of course that will change if there are good alternate options when the time comes.
Old 30th June 2013, 04:15   #945
BHPian

Next car would be Mercedes CLA if they price it sensibly around 25-30L....floored by the coupe looks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks