Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:38   #916
BHPian

Re: Your Next Car?

I have been driving a Zen 2005 and a Estillo 2007 mostly. I do plan to get a new one next year. It is once again a head vs heart fight.

Head says " Buy a diesel (avg running 1200km per month) hatch for 5-6 lk; Use for 5 years. Polo and the Swift are on top of the list. Maybe the new Dezire may squeeze in.

Heart: Honda City. Use for 10 years.

Who wins eventually ? I have 12 months ahead of me to fight it out. Maybe Honda would come out with a brilliant diesel premium hatch :-)
kutts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2012, 15:47   #917
Senior - BHPian

I have been driving a 2004 Ikon for last 7 yrs or so. Always wanted to change the car after 7 yrs but now that I look at my car with 62K kms clocked, its well maintained and in very good condition. I dont feel like selling for a poor resale value . So decision is to buy a 2nd car, preferably diesel hatchback. Keeps my wife happy as well with 2 cars in the house and one of it exclusive for her. Target cars are Figo, Liva, Ritz, high end versions with ABS/airbags. Want something that is comfortable highway cruiser and also has decent luggage space for weekend trips.

Polo/i20 ruled out due to the price premium which I dont find worthwhile for a hatchback. I wanted to buy mid year but the news of upcoming increased tax on diesel car worries me and I might pull in

Note From Team-BHP Support Team: Smiley usage is restricted to TWO per post.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th March 2012 at 23:45.
Old 20th March 2012, 21:24   #918
Senior - BHPian

I am toying with the idea of a change sometime this year. I would ideally like to go in for a petrol automatic, roomy, hatchback (if only Honda Jazz would have an AT version...) - which currently seems unlikely in the near future. May therefore look at the Ford Ecosport (hopefully) AT when launched. From all accounts it should be a good performer with a frugal appetite.
May also think of the Nissan Sunny CVT (if launched) if it falls within my range - despite being a sedan and the looks being ordinary (IMO).
Can't see any other AT possibility on the horizon.
Old 20th March 2012, 21:48   #919
BHPian

Have an Indigo since 2006. it was me and wifey back then, it is +2 now and with the brats, the Indigo is seeming rather confined.

Waiting like forever now for the Storme, and once that is out (along with a BHP review sooner than the XUV review ) I'll take a final call. Essentially looking for a SUV/MPV with the Storme, XUV and XYLO E9 being in the picture.
Old 20th March 2012, 22:07   #920
BHPian

If things go as expected, I will have a Lexus LS Sport by next summer. Nothing wrong with the vehicle/s I drive, but I believe the time is right for me to go to the mid-life crisis vehicle that I have long wanted
Old 20th March 2012, 23:54   #921
BHPian

My next car ? Very unlikely to be a caaaar !
I'd love it if it was a whirling blue-white propeller or a Bulgarian beard with 4 rings ; more realistically maybe a premium hatchback like Polo/Punto or their sedan versions Linea (T-jet would be lovely, if petrol prices permit , or the Honda City as second choice in petrol ).
Old 21st March 2012, 13:39   #922
BHPian

Current Work-horse - Indica V2 DLG - the no-nonsense versatile local warrior since 2007 is now in need of a replacement for its various duties. School drops/pick-ups, Temple rounds, market lanes(bloody crowded lanes please), with-standing driver's mood swings, and still holding onto it's own.

Expected Soldier - The Etios VD seems to have bagged the role. Waiting for delivery to take-on the new home recruit.

Every home with an intention for at-least a decent annual holiday - needs a good 4X4. Maybe someday, just maybe..
Old 21st March 2012, 13:48   #923
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Driving a Santro Xing 2005 model currently. May upgrade to a Nissan Sunny Diesel or Swift Dzire diesel soon. Waiting for the Ford EcoSport to be launched so that I can make a decision.
Old 21st March 2012, 14:04   #924
BHPian

We've had 2006 CR-V and its given us a joyous 80,000km ride , but i think its time for a change .

Budget is hovering around 20lac on-road and we're looking out for a diesel option. 5 mins of browsing and one ends up realising that the only comparable vehicle in terms of quality, comfort and peace of mind is the Skoda Yeti in this range. Turned out to be a big let down personally......knowing that i havent got much to choose from.

So I've decided to wait it out for another 6-10 months and see if the below cars just might fall in the 25Lac bracket.

1. Honda : hope they launch the new CR-V in diesel avatar! . Cost no bar if this comes out this year.
2. Skoda : only going for this hatch(ish) sized SUV if they launch with DSG.
3. X-trail : purely for the insane sunroof its got, secondly for the good engine.
4: Freelander2 2nd-Hand: maybe , just maybe ......my stars would find somebody selling this 35lac vehicle after a yr or two of usage.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 21st March 2012 at 14:10.
Old 21st March 2012, 14:12   #925
BHPian

Just got the Cruze LTZ a month ago, but will probably be shopping for a City in a year or so for the wife, since she point blank refuses to budge from the Honda marque.
Old 25th June 2013, 20:31   #926
Senior - BHPian

Have been waiting for a long time to figure out what the next car would be and yes it seems that finally it has arrived in the form of Ecosport.

Would go and check it out in person, test drive and yes figure out how much it would make a dent in the pocket. Though have decided that unless there is some serious flaw or negative in the vehicle, the next ride for sure would be it!
Old 25th June 2013, 20:41   #927
BHPian

Really want to get rid of the XUV and buy a Fortuner!!!
Old 25th June 2013, 21:38   #928
BHPian

Hopefully a Tjet . Will take quite some time though. Love the design
Old 25th June 2013, 22:24   #929
BHPian

I hope a Polo GT replaces my Fabia. I want it very badly!
Old 26th June 2013, 02:53   #930
BHPian

i am in search for a petrol automatic Hatch. the aim is to keep car for a long period. and it would be used by multiple members of the family.

I was going to buy the Honda Brio automatic. it was a no brainier decision. but New Nissan Micra facelift with Cvt gearbox is coming soon. and its more fuel efficient than the Brio. (i believe so). Hence plan is on Hold for now.

Last edited by Caramelo : 26th June 2013 at 02:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks