Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 17:53   #871
BHPian

Re: Your Next Car?

I'am a more lateral upgrade kinda guy From dad's Amby to a Zen to an Esteem and now a Mitsu Lancer. Well my next car, well for now, definately a Mitsu Lancer CEDIA
Old 24th January 2012, 18:03   #872
Senior - BHPian

I wasn't even thinking about my next car. My Punto is only 17 months old and I absolutely love it (so does my wife).

But, this thread and changes in my company's car policy which puts cars in Rs.15-20L range within my reach, made me think. I've been fascinated by the Yeti threads on the forum and for a while, I was thinking - why not?

But then, good sense prevailed. A new car is not exactly the best financial decision I can take right now. All I can say is that if I was looking for a new car today, Yeti would be the first one I would TD.
Old 24th January 2012, 18:06   #873
Senior - BHPian

This is the question that is bothering me every second these days! I currently own a 3.5 yr old Dzire VDI and I would want ideally want to change the car in a year or so. But there is just no decent diesel sedan at 8-9 lakhs!! Rapid, New ford fiesta, Vento and even the sunny are all close to 11 lakhs {In bangalore} for their versions with Airbags + ABS. Manza / etios are ruled out as I feel the current dzire more or less offers what these cars have.
If I wait, I lose out on the re-sale value more, but as of now I'm not convinced with any of the diesel sedans under 10-11 lakhs. The old fiesta classic is an option, but it's a 6 year old model in India and living with it for the next 5-6 years may not be a good thing to do. Ahh, that 4 year itch!!
Old 25th January 2012, 16:44   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
This is the question that is bothering me every second these days! I currently own a 3.5 yr old Dzire VDI and I would want ideally want to change the car in a year or so. But there is just no decent diesel sedan at 8-9 lakhs!! Rapid, New ford fiesta, Vento and even the sunny are all close to 11 lakhs {In bangalore} for their versions with Airbags + ABS. Manza / etios are ruled out as I feel the current dzire more or less offers what these cars have.
If I wait, I lose out on the re-sale value more, but as of now I'm not convinced with any of the diesel sedans under 10-11 lakhs. The old fiesta classic is an option, but it's a 6 year old model in India and living with it for the next 5-6 years may not be a good thing to do. Ahh, that 4 year itch!!
The solution to the 4-year itch is to prepare to up ones budget in the same period. Or buy a new Dzire.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:06   #875
Senior - BHPian

My next car will be Honda Jazz Diesel after 3-4 years Saving up for it.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:20   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
My next car would be Honda CRV. I know it is overpriced but I have started saving for it.
Great choice! If you dont mind the low fuel economy, its one of the best on the roads. If you wait enough, you can get the new model which is due quite soon i think. Boasts better fuel economy, couple of horses more and a very interesting stylish interior.

Own one for about 3 years. No problems whatsoever except for an accident which could be attributed to me.

My next car: I pray its a Q7.
Old 25th January 2012, 19:33   #877
BHPian

deciding between yeti,xuv 500 n ford ecosport-lets see how the year unfolds!!!
Old 25th January 2012, 19:39   #878
Senior - BHPian

My next car would be a 4x4 that's a highway cruiser as well. Safari met the requirements to the T until this Storme came out and I don't think I could ever own such a hideous looking SUV. Hoping for a good looking SUV to come out in the market in the next 2-3 years.
Old 25th January 2012, 20:11   #879
rjain_jld

Just booked an Audi A6 2.0 TDI today will be getting its delivery on Monday i.e 30th of this month.
  (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2012, 22:24   #880
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
Ecosport will have a 1.0 liter engine. Is that correct?
Old 7th February 2012, 16:48   #881
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relativity View Post
Ecosport will have a 1.0 liter engine. Is that correct?
Yes Ecosport will have a 1.0 litre Ecoboost engine drinking gasoline & also likely to sport the 1.5 litre TDCi diesel mill. Further details can be found on the Ecosport thread over here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...po-2012-a.html
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 17:00   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
My existing drive is near about 1.5yrs-swift VDI and it is a swell ride no second car as of now since i am loving every mm of my drive in the swift.

Well that is exactly what was on my mind but only that XUV took the top slot. If things go well, will think of it as a second car.

Cheers
Prasad
Old 7th February 2012, 17:33   #883
BHPian

Well, I've just increased my EMI figures so that I can clear the instant car loan within this year. Given that my monthly running has increased to nearly 2k kms/month, I foresee formidable savings in switching over to a diesel motor as soon as possible. This time, it will most likely be a Mini-SUV( a real 5 seater that, apart from our daily commute, could also be used for the occasional excursions). Should i start brushing up on my French connection (Duster) or would the homies spring up a nice surprise( Mini-Xylo)? The dark horse ( in guise of a competitively priced Ecosport) lurks as well.
Old 8th February 2012, 09:05   #884
BHPian

I have been drooling about the XUV 5OO ever since it was launched. However, my Punto is only 9 months old. Perhaps I will take a call 4 years down the line.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:29   #885
BHPian

What would be a worthy successor/progression from a linea Diesel? I think i have at least a year to decide.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks