Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2012, 18:11   #901
BHPian

Re: Your Next Car?

I had Vista for quite some time, nearly 1.5 years and i have thoroughly enjoyed it.
And now, it has to be the Storme and i plan to upgrade as soon as it launches.
Old 9th February 2012, 20:37   #902
BHPian

If the discounts on the Aria continue for a couple of more months , then the Aria Pure might just be it .

However the XUV 5OO puts up a worthy fight . But the 2.8L price difference is hard to justify . Specially to the mind :P
Old 9th February 2012, 21:02   #903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
our next car would be in 2010. and it will most likely be the accord in the 3.5l if it is launched by then. maybe if were lucky an a4 or 5 series.
A 4 year old post, and how my luck has changed. With an Accord V6, a 320D and a Laura vRS coming soon.

Well my next car will be when the Accord is sold, another year or so. Will look for another great pre owned deal on something that has bad resale value Maybe an RS5 or a 750li depending on what we find then.
Old 10th February 2012, 05:13   #904
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
A 4 year old post, and how my luck has changed. With an Accord V6, a 320D and a Laura vRS coming soon.

Well my next car will be when the Accord is sold, another year or so. Will look for another great pre owned deal on something that has bad resale value Maybe an RS5 or a 750li depending on what we find then.
Amen! Lets hope your predictions keep going spot on
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2012, 18:48   #905
BHPian

Been enjoying a palio multijet since the last couple of years. Would like to hand over the baton to Yeti, not for it's 4x4 capabilities - what got me are the understated road-presence and the variflex rear seats. It is small enough for the bustling city roads, big enough for the highways to keep me planted on the road. Hope they release a 2x4 fully loaded version too!
Old 21st February 2012, 14:22   #906
BHPian

My Laura Tsi is only 6 months old and has already been total "paisa vasool" for the thrills it is capable of delivering if one is in the mood. When this retires, my next one could be A4 3.0 TDI. An animal. A very refined and cultured animal. So what it is a diesel. There's always a first time to do something!
Old 21st February 2012, 14:41   #907
BHPian

I have been driving a Swift VXI for last 3.5 years and its time to change. This time it has to be a SUV but i am waiting for a compact SUV since parking space is a big problem in my office. So far i was waiting to see the Duster (June 2012) & Ford Ecosport (Oct 2012).

However while driving to office today, I saw an awesome fully loaded Black safari and It got me thinking. There is a good chance that i could buy the current Safari after Storme version (I dont like the Safari facelift - Storme) is released, since i believe that the current Safari is going to be sold as good value for money along with the Storme version.
Old 22nd February 2012, 13:47   #908
BHPian

I have 2004 make Alto LX, and it has served us more than its limit.
Looking forward to Reva NXR or Ecosport or Duster, strictly in that order.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:25   #909
BHPian

I have a 1.9 year old Chevy Spark which is serving me well. But the ever rising fuel prices have often got me thinking off late to switch over to a diesel hatch. If the petrol prices go out of hand then i would probably go for a Nissan Micra.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:34   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
I have 2004 make Alto LX, and it has served us more than its limit.
Looking forward to Reva NXR or Ecosport or Duster, strictly in that order.
Same here. I too have a 2004 Alto and it has exceeded all my expectations in terms of reliability and longevity. Just goes on and on. I was initially planning to sell it and buy something else but just can not bring myself to do it.

If I were to buy a new car today, it will be either VW Vento or Optra Magnum. I was very keen on XUV 5OO but the delivery delay has put me off.
Old 22nd February 2012, 20:00   #911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal98

Same here. I too have a 2004 Alto and it has exceeded all my expectations in terms of reliability and longevity. Just goes on and on. I was initially planning to sell it and buy something else but just can not bring myself to do it.

If I were to buy a new car today, it will be either VW Vento or Optra Magnum. I was very keen on XUV 5OO but the delivery delay has put me off.
I too faced the same dilemma last year and eventually didn't sell Alto and bought another one the thinking thread is still alive to replace with an electric reva.
Old 22nd February 2012, 21:49   #912
BHPian

My Adventure is turning 5 years soon. That 'soon' also coincides with my plan to relocate to Chennai. If I sell off my Adventure, then looking to get a Yeti. If not that, then probably Duster. Let us see how the car actually is when it gets released.
Old 22nd February 2012, 22:09   #913
BHPian

Head or Heart ?

I have a Indica V2 since Feb 2003. Yes 9 years. Now I have decided to switch to my next car. Too many niggles of late. & the yearning for a good sedan. Not to mention a very tempting Company Lease option.

After reading through all that the experts have kindly shared & test drives of Verna(D)(1), Vento(D)(3), Rapid(D)(1), Laura(D)(1), Cruze(D)(1), XUV500(D)(1), Manza(D)(3), 2012 Linea(D)(1), Vista(D)(1), Swift(D)(2), Swift Dzire(D)(1), Honda City(P)(1) - {numbers indicate no of test drives}, I am considering Vento/Rapid - Not much to choose between. Laura/Cruze were out of contention due to a limit on my lease eligibility. I can get only the base models.

Some decisions are from heart. Some from the head.
[Head] Should I settle for a Manza / Dzire ? They are good cars none-the-less. Can a Indica owner ever grow up to own a Vento/Rapid ? They are far ends of the spectrum.
[Heart] but for my wishlist. German engineering. WoW of an engine. If not now when will I ever drive a class vehicle ?

Head or Heart ?

Apologies if this is OT.
Old 23rd February 2012, 02:14   #914
Senior - BHPian

I had been driving cute little zen (MH410 1997 model). Not much issues, accelerate and it goes, brake and it stops. But now petrol price at 73 Plus and with plans of marriage on cards, i thought let me get a bigger car. Test drove Polo,Figo,i20. Yet to drive Punto and Ritz.

Polo : real good suspension. Turbo kick was good. Awesome looks
Figo : boring looks, no out right performance but VFM for sure
i20 : some how i dint feel something special about it.
Honda City corporate edition : Nice one but petrol is the deal breaker

I was okay with figo but in between drove Skoda Rapid. Silent cabin + superb suspension, ride handling etc simply blew me away. Added to that the TV commercial where they show a dude driving Skoda Rapid and finding the girl is so well made that, my mind heart etc etc says "go for SBI 7 year loan and buy a Rapid. Something similar might happen in close relatives wedding which is happening soon"

all these feeling till i recall my bank balance and salary, "ok Figo. Thats it" So 99.99% its going to be Figo unless last moment test drive planned next week takes me back to dream world

Last edited by recshenoy : 23rd February 2012 at 02:16.
Old 23rd February 2012, 14:23   #915
Senior - BHPian

Mine would be a Chevy Cruze or a Honda Civic in the next 4 yrs. Would continue to use my Alto for daily use, while the sedan would be for weekends and long drives. Love the Jazz and was about to buy it selling the Alto, but the above plan seems better.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks