Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 09:40   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuelled View Post
New pics have surfaced which show the car without camouflage. Not sure though, if the front and rear designs that can be seen are for the North American Market or the Indian market.

More pictures available at the source:
CARMiddleEast | GCC cars, news, prices, reviews, videos & data
Ohhh..this is too bad!! The current Civic is much much better than this one. The front gril, tail lamps look so bad...I hope this is not the final production version...maybe just for Americas.
Old 11th October 2010, 09:59   #62
BHPian

If you look closely, the tail lamps of the 2 models shown here are not the same...the front one has more red in it than the behind one. I am not convinced that these are the final designs...maybe they are camouflaged to fool people (i really hope so); else it will be a big let down!
Attached Images

Old 11th October 2010, 10:53   #63
BHPian

Seems quite similar to last generation Toyota Camry from the back.
Well must say its disappointing as far as Honda designs are concerned.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:25   #64
Senior - BHPian

Play Safe!

Playing safe seems like the new Honda Policy ! Its definitely the American Mkt edition which we wont get in India. The JDM one which we will get should have a sportier front bumper with fog lamps. Theres another thread on the 2011 civic started by Sidindica with Spy pics of this car, Mods pls merge.
Overall i think, Honda may be able to appeal to the Corolla buyer with this one as its not very flashy and looks like its about the height of a Corolla (not low slung like the present civic) which is preferred by many families in India.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:47   #65
Senior - BHPian

THE SPY PICS OF 2012 CIVIC WITHOUT CAMO ARE OUT . The car was spied testing in Dubai !
Pics are posted in the 2012 HONDA CIVIC Outed thread of International Automotive Scene section .
Old 11th October 2010, 13:15   #66
Senior - BHPian

These are the pics from the aforementioned site carmiddleeast.com. Honda has lost the plot. It screams 80s and a setp backword. Now the current civic suddenly looks so modern...The rear borrowed from accord crosstour looks bulky and pathetic.
Attached Thumbnails
India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_1_1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_2_1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_4_1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_5_1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_6_1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_7_1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-201112civic_8_1.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 11th October 2010, 15:32   #67
BHPian

looks like an enlarged city to me. exteriors are plain jane. the greenhouse and door panel are similar to the current gen.
now its two boring models in a row from honda - first crosstour and now this.
interesting interiors though. loved the sat nav angled towards the driver's side, kinda like in a fighter aircraft.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:52   #68
Senior - BHPian

The car looks pathetic. What happened to Honda design team? Honda is well known to come up with excellent and futuristic designs. Look at the Civic/ANHC/JAzz - all look great. I can't quite believe this is the new Civic.
Old 11th October 2010, 15:59   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

The back and side profile look very Toyota-ish. Front looks like the prefacelift Civic in the US.
I think we are in for a disappointment.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
These are the pics from the aforementioned site carmiddleeast.com. Honda has lost the plot. It screams 80s and a setup backward. Now the current civic suddenly looks so modern...The rear borrowed from accord cross tour looks bulky and pathetic.
They have applied the new city look to Accord and now to Civic for the so called family look. I really hope they don't do a similar family look to CRV.

From the look of the spy pics ,I really can't comment how bad/good its gonna look. As far as frontal design is concerned, headlights/grille/Bonnet/windscreen rake plays a big part in how the car will look.
The rake of the windscreen is identical to the current one. The bonnet looks clean and now the amount of change depends all on the headlight and grille. I really don't think it could be too bad but, the rear has really taken a weird make over. It echoes many styles of yesterdays designs

It looks like a fusion of the current City and the Accord and in some ways to Prius as well. I really don't know why they did it , the rear was one of the best part of Civic.

Last edited by maxbhp : 11th October 2010 at 16:12.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:15   #71
Senior - BHPian

Looks boring from outside, maybe due to high levels of taping/masking on the grill, front and rear lights and lower and rear bumpers. Rear look is the most boring part, reminds some older Hyundai model. And roof-mounted antenna! Isn't that going back in time? Did they fire the designer of the current gen Civic? This one looks more like a grown up ANHC with an ugly rear side.

Interiors, on the other hand, looks different. There seems to be some sort of jog-shuttle kind of buttons on the steering wheels on both sides for various controls. Larger top level console, driver-oriented wrap-around displays etc should be segment first. Did I see a quarter glass mounted tweeters and traditional style hand brake levers (instead of the current Z shaped ones)?

Last edited by vasoo : 11th October 2010 at 16:16.
Old 11th October 2010, 16:34   #72
Senior - BHPian

Looks like present Camry from front and Old Camry from Rear.
But seriously a big big Disappointment ! The interiors look too
boxy as Sid had already mentioned !
Old 11th October 2010, 17:00   #73
BHPian

I am shocked at this design 'effort'.

The side profile looks the exact same - windowline, ORVMs, glasshouse...the works. The current Civic is difficult to improve on, but still, some change would have been nice. They could have looked just as far as their own FCX Clarity for some nice ideas around the A pillar-ORVM area.

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-_l4a5131a_lg.jpg

The front is almost exactly the same as the current North American Civic. Maybe they will manage to jazz it up a bit using fancy lights (the insight modulo concept was good, as dhrishikesh mentioned), but things always do get duller in execution :( (see below - first pic is concept stage, second one production stage)

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-honda_insight_concept2.jpgIndia bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-gal_lg5.jpg

And finally, the rear is just shockingly bad. On any other car (imagine Toyota/Nissan/Chevy/etc) it would have been fine, but on a Civic? Which had such a nice rear to start with? Why did they have to go ahead and mess up it - make it look so bulky. Sigh.

I just hope this is the North American one, and the JDM/Asia version would be better. But that doesnt look likely. In its defense, all I can say is that the alloys look good.
Old 11th October 2010, 17:33   #74
Senior - BHPian

The car looks bland overall, esp from the rear. Dont know if its just me but this car (the side profile) seems to have an uncanny resemblance to the old Ford Taurus.

Anyways, am happy I own the current gen Civic.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:03   #75
ajai_dev

VW and Honda have gone nutz the new design of Passat and Civic is very stupid and mind bored. I guess the old designs were too much for some people i dont know :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks