Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2010, 18:13   #76
BHPian

Are these actual pictures of the Next gen Civic !?

Seems unbelievable, why would Honda want to take a step back in design ?

I doubt, could this be some other manufacturer testing their product with Honda logos ? (Remember the Ventos roaming around disguised like Ford's ? )

Terribly outdated wheels from the 80's ! and just what are the cars doing parked on the side of the road with no drivers around ?
There's something wrong with the scoop pics ??

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 11th October 2010 at 18:17.
Old 11th October 2010, 18:20   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Are these actual pictures of the Next gen Civic !?

Seems unbelievable, why would Honda want to take a step back in design ?

I doubt, could this be some other manufacturer testing their product with Honda logos ? (Remember the Ventos roaming around disguised like Ford's ? )
I know it hard to believe but its true. This is the New CIVIC. The interior screams honda civic, so does the front 'Honda Grill', and the side profile.
Hopefully, the JDM Civic will be jazzed up a bit. Even in the current edition, the American version and the JDM version have a different face and rear end. (The JDM is way better looking)
Not All is lost my friends !
Old 11th October 2010, 18:39   #78
Senior - BHPian

Is this the best they could do? Bleh!

Seriously, they would need something better than that to replace the current Civic which is a looker. I would rather have them keep the design and change the engine.
Old 11th October 2010, 19:21   #79
Senior - BHPian

I still cannot believe that the interior reminds me of early 2000 American GM cars like the impala, pontiac grand prix, buick park avenue, even dare I say cars from ford panther platform.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:40   #80
BHPian

Very retro design in my opinion. I think Honda are playing safe. The current gen Civic is just awesome to look at. Why could they not keep it the same? Its futuristic enough and the competition looks ancient compared to it. But with this new design, they have killed yet another legend.
Old 11th October 2010, 22:19   #81
BANNED

I suspect, the whole team who did Hyundai verna Transform got into honda design studio.

Present civic is far far better in looks, its my opinion.
Old 11th October 2010, 22:32   #82
Senior - BHPian

agree with posts above saying it looks very toyota-ish especially from the rear. Speaking on the current version of the Civic i like the front end of the JDM version and the rear styling of the US version.
Old 12th October 2010, 14:52   #83
BHPian

Tread seen in most manf now

The new civic seams to carry over the design trend from the new city.

A trend seen in most mfgs now, starting from VW, Tata and now Honda. We have to wait and see if Toyota follows suite with Etios and Altis.
Old 12th October 2010, 14:59   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsr_rpm View Post
The new civic seams to carry over the design trend from the new city.

A trend seen in most mfgs now, starting from VW, Tata and now Honda. We have to wait and see if Toyota follows suite with Etios and Altis.
Etios and Altis? We already know what these 2 cars look like ! and i can assure you that they look quite different.

The Altis (especially the facelifted one in Malaysia and Thailand) already carries the family look seen in the Camry and i agree with your point in regards to the Family look of VW.
Old 12th October 2010, 15:01   #85
Senior - BHPian

It looks like a ploy from Honda to revive falling sales of current gen Civic! If prospective customers delay any further, they will end up getting this ugly thing next year
Old 12th October 2010, 15:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

I too agree that the first impression is pretty much - 'Yuck. How ugly'. But maybe, and this is a big maybe, this could be because of the harsh sun and the bad shade of grey. Does anyone have a shot in black?
Old 12th October 2010, 16:31   #87
Senior - BHPian

I do not think it is the Civic meant for the European market, & as a matter of fact the Indian Market. The North American Civic tends to be bit smaller than the European Civic & is designed on lines with the City in Asia/Australia.

I have no doubts that it won't land in India, but the interior arrangement would be on similar lines. Till the time the European Civic Sedan is out, those vying for the Civic in near future need not worry about the model change IMO.
Old 12th October 2010, 18:06   #88
Senior - BHPian

Here comes a Toyo'fied Civic. Me hates! Utter dismay

Old 13th October 2010, 12:28   #89
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Not too kicked about the new Civic. Where the current car is youthful & sporty, the new one looks very Nissan-like, especially the rear. Overall, the design seems a bit droopy too. It has the face of the current Civic, though not the personality. I am honestly very surprised Honda finalised this look.

The outcry should be similar as it was when Honda moved from the sporty 5th (especially) and 6th gens to the boring 7th gen.
Old 13th October 2010, 12:36   #90
Senior - BHPian

Looks Dull to me. The front looks like an enlarged Honda City's.

The rear is weird.

The current Indian Civic is the best looker in it's segment. It's bound to take a hit on the sales if this one goes ahead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks