Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 08:51   #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
It will be priced below SX4......as expected that means that it will be priced around 6~6.5L. This will also be above price of DDIS & below SX4. How this model clicks. Why would anyone buy this when they will be getting SX4 with few thousands more? If they load all the features to swift sedan and keep it below sx4, then sx4 will take up a beating.......any guesses what segment it will cater to.......
My expectation is that there are going to be only two variants (Vxi and Zxi) like the SX4. I would typically add 1-1.5 L above the Swift Hatch depending on the variant.

I am really curious whether this will eat into lower-end SX4 sales. I don't expect them to launch diesel since this spell tragedy to SX4's demand.

In recent times, Maruti has been creating a trend of pitting its own models against one another - like the Zen Estilo versus WagonR. Now, they are very desperate marketing WagonR, since it looks redundant versus Estilo. What do you guys think?
Old 15th September 2007, 12:40   #197
BHPian

Swift Sedan to be launched in Jan 2008

Was watching CNBC Awaz and came across this news item scrolling across the screen. It went on to add that this sedan would be replacing Esteem.
Old 15th September 2007, 12:57   #198
Senior - BHPian

I think CNBC reported that the Swift sedan will be avliable with both petrol and diesel engines. Why would they give diesel in swift (hatch and sedan) and not in SX4 beats me. Or should we take CNBC's report with a bag full of salt?
Old 15th September 2007, 19:26   #199
BHPian

long time back i put up that Esteem going to phase out in Dec'07 and Swift dean will be coming in Jan'08

I have even seen swift sedan but not able to spot that again...its a awesome car u can't have a better notch at this price (starting from 5lakh)

to give u overview of the vehicle just see camry notch swift sedan have the same style so now u can imagine the car (http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/mag...arAction01.jpg)
Old 15th September 2007, 22:00   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I think CNBC reported that the Swift sedan will be avliable with both petrol and diesel engines. Why would they give diesel in swift (hatch and sedan) and not in SX4 beats me. Or should we take CNBC's report with a bag full of salt?
Maybe because they are planning 1.9 for SX4 and 1.3 for Swift Sedan and Hatch...
Old 15th September 2007, 22:06   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartmundu View Post
I have even seen swift sedan but not able to spot that again...its a awesome car u can't have a better notch at this price (starting from 5lakh)

Where did you see the sedan? And, any particular markers on the car that identified it as the Swift sedan ?
Old 15th September 2007, 22:17   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
Maybe because they are planning 1.9 for SX4 and 1.3 for Swift Sedan and Hatch...
I'd say they will give the 1.3 JTd 75hp to Swift sedan and 1.3 JTD VGT 90bhp to SX4. 1.9 will make the SX4 way to costly. The 1.9 seems a perfect engine for the upcoming D segmenter, if at all it does actually come to India.
Old 15th September 2007, 22:29   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartmundu View Post
to give u overview of the vehicle just see camry notch swift sedan have the same style so now u can imagine the car (http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/mag...arAction01.jpg)
So! You are saying swift sedan is styled similar to camry rear?

Hmmm... Coming to think about it, new Camry is also a rounded and bulbous design, well executed. But to pull of the same in the Swift is still going to be a challenge.
Old 15th September 2007, 22:46   #204
Senior - BHPian

@ Amit - Better to give a 1.6 JTD to the SX4 and the 1.9 to the D segmenter.
Old 16th September 2007, 02:38   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
@ Amit - Better to give a 1.6 JTD to the SX4 and the 1.9 to the D segmenter.
1.6 more info plz ??
Old 16th September 2007, 05:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
that sedan would look oh so like an amby, what with all the curves swift already has
You guys are all assuming that the Sedan will have the same front end as the Swift hatch. This is not necessarily true..it might have a totally new front end.

Look at how the NHC came out the Jazz. They gave it a new front look and the City ZX is actually a good looking car. It would have turned out a disaster if they decided to keep the Jazz/Fit front end.
Old 16th September 2007, 08:16   #207
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Look at how the NHC came out the Jazz. They gave it a new front look and the City ZX is actually a good looking car. It would have turned out a disaster if they decided to keep the Jazz/Fit front end.
I guess Aveo and U-VA form a similar example. Its not always necessary that the sedan should follow Indigo route adding a boot to the overall design of the hatch.
Old 16th September 2007, 15:05   #208
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibh View Post
1.6 more info plz ??
1.6 DDIS, MUL has the license to it, 120bhp or so
Old 17th September 2007, 11:33   #209
BHPian

14 pages dedicated to swift sedan on this thread , only few months reaming for the launch of this (if CNBC is true) and still at teambhp we don't have any spy picture nor detail spec? How come?

Google search is also not helping for getting pic/ info of this car.
All this makes me suspicious if the car is really coming or not...

( By the way if swift diesel + huge space will be terrific combination)

Old 17th September 2007, 16:53   #210
BHPian

Guy at Sai service - maruti dealer in Pune, confirmed its coming in Jan 08.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks