Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2016, 10:30   #526
BHPian

PR disaster for Benz.. It seems he will take it to as many places possible to get media coverage!!
RaghuVis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 11:51   #527
Team-BHP Support

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Sorry for the back to back posts. But got some more pictures.

Mods - please merge with previous post.
Frankly an over-reaction. Allow Mercedes to repair the gearbox and provide additional warranty. If the car had many persisting faults or was dangerous, then a replacement needs to be considered
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 12:22   #528
BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
Sorry for the back to back posts. But got some more pictures.

Mods - please merge with previous post.
As per the latest news , Mercedes has agreed to replace the car and Road tax refund will be done by Dealer.

http://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/mal...ewsid-59987593
S5157 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 12:49   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
As per the latest news , Mercedes has agreed to replace the car and Road tax refund will be done by Dealer.

http://m.dailyhunt.in/news/india/mal...ewsid-59987593
I wonder what happens to such a car which is taken back by the manufacturer. Does it repaired and sold as pre-owned? If yes, for an entity like Mercedes Benz, who is responsible to track the repair and then selling of a single of car when they are dealing with thousands per year? Just a thought.

Also, in this case, since the product is faulty, MB has agreed to replace it. Why is the dealer bearing the brunt for roadtax refund? Will the dealer be compensated for it? I don't find any fault with the dealer unless it participated in some malpractice leading to the car breakdown or the overall resolution of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Frankly an over-reaction. Allow Mercedes to repair the gearbox and provide additional warranty. If the car had many persisting faults or was dangerous, then a replacement needs to be considered
I completely agree on this. Repair or, even replacement of the gearbox (assuming that is faulty) is a sufficient solution for such a problem. A loaner car should be given for the interim period and maybe a year or two of extended warranty to restore faith of the customer in the product. And all this should done swiftly so as not to frustrate the customer. That, IMO, would be the best case scenario to deal with defects. On the other hand, the customer has invested 70-80 lacs (or more) of his/her money to buy this product. Maybe that's why he/she has lost his/her cool when it broke down. An Alto or Scorpio owner might not react the same way. Food for some thought.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2016, 14:27   #530
Senior - BHPian

A Honda City belonging to our Crew Manager in Manila.

I have seen this thread becoming very popular and some people are rejoicing at sightings of cars on flatbeds specially the cars considered to be reliable. I don't think that was the intention of this thread. Remember that the sight of your own car on a flatbed is never a pleasant one. So please think about the pain the owners is going through when his / her car is on a flatbed.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-flatbed-philippines.jpg  

pedrolourenco is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 23:54   #531
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

A Jaguar XF on a flatbed. Don't think it broke down cos the car was driven onto the flatbed.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-picsart_112111.31.38.jpg
v12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2016, 18:49   #532
BHPian

Saw this on my way to work yesterday. Not sure if there was something wrong with it, but we were in moving traffic, and I couldn't ask the flatbed truck driver anything.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-wp_20161215_13_20_45_rich.jpg

Cheers
Joxster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 20:16   #533
Senior - BHPian

Even a Tesla requires a flatbed.

Same power steering issue, twice.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 20th December 2016 at 20:53. Reason: fixed the link.
landcruiser123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 15:39   #534
BHPian

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-unknown.jpg
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-unknown1.jpg

And one more joins the club
Old 6th February 2017, 17:45   #535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooraj.naik View Post
Attachment 1604868
Attachment 1604869

And one more joins the club
OT but what car and what alloys are those? Gorgeous set of alloys.
rohitoasis is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 18:26   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Seems to be a Vauxhall (Opel) Insignia.
raj_5004 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 17:43   #537
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Looks like the latest Insignia Grand Coupe - must be a new one being transported
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 12:39   #538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitoasis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
This is my Opel Insignia OPC 2.8 v6 unlimited version. The alloys are stock 20 inch.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4028627

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Looks like the latest Insignia Grand Coupe - must be a new one being transported
Debris claimed two left tires. Added, the car doesn't come with spare tire. Just a tire repair kit and an inflator. So had to transport the car to the nearest tire service station. Getting ride in a truck in Dubai is fun.

Last edited by sooraj.naik : 8th February 2017 at 12:45.
sooraj.naik is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 17:31   #539
BHPian

Never had I imagined that I would be posting an image of my own car here!
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img_2439.jpg  

fordfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 20:14   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Never had I imagined that I would be posting an image of my own car here!
Whats the deal here ?
Dead battery? Injectors gone bad?

Most Viewed