Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 22:25   #466
BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

Spotted this Porsche Cayenne on flatbed enroute Porsche service station in Chandigarh.
No damages whatsoever, appears to be a breakdown.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img_0715.jpg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 23:07   #467
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!

There was this one time I was in LA, a metal panel dropped out from under my car (3 series) half-broken and was dragging against the road making a loud noise, to the point I couldn't drive with it. I stopped and asked BMW roadside assistance to help, since I couldnt get under the car and take it out (the car was way too low to stick my head in, since it is on a lowered M performance suspension). They sent a flatbed truck of course!

The truck driver was very clever. Instead of towing my car, he used the flatbed as a lift - he drove half the car up the incline, so that there was enough space to go underneath and remove the half-broken panel. Great work, done in 5 minutes and I was on my way again .
Attached Images

rajushank84 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 04:55   #468
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Wondering if this BMW dealership ran out of flat-bed trucks - that they had to tow this 5 Series like this!
Another unlucky 5 Series that could not get a proper flatbed. Imagine my on seeing a car coming on the wrong side of the WEH when the truck on the right moved to give me way.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-bmw5.jpg  

v12 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 17th September 2014, 11:04   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another unlucky 5 Series that could not get a proper flatbed. Imagine my on seeing a car coming on the wrong side of the WEH when the truck on the right moved to give me way.

The same happened to me once, but it was a truck instead of a car and it was on NH-1.
asr245 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 22:11   #470
BHPian

Spotted this E class on NH 22.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-imag0124.jpg  

ishlinea7260 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2014, 23:18   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody's first reaction would be ..

I am not aware of this hence asking, why is it towed from the rear? Do these premium Germans have tow hooks only at the rear? Is there no tow point present at the front?

-Bhargav
Old 20th September 2014, 23:44   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
I am not aware of this hence asking, why is it towed from the rear? Do these premium Germans have tow hooks only at the rear? Is there no tow point present at the front?
It's because they are rear wheel drive. Its better to get the driven wheels off the road while towing. And sometimes there is no other go, when the wheels are locked in a gear due to transmission failure.
deetjohn is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2015, 12:45   #473
BHPian

Spotted this Merce today flat bedded on a truck running through NH4, towards Mumbai. I have seen such scenario many times on NH4, fortunately today I had time to capture a snap

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-merce-flat-bed.jpg
Aficionados is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2015, 10:02   #474
Senior - BHPian

Saw this Beemer X1 on a flat bed on Kallai Road, Calicut, the day before yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-imag0445.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2015, 11:54   #475
VSD
BHPian

Saw an RS5 on flat bed near dlf Emporio yesterday. It had MH14 plates.
Probably show cars because right after this truck there was another one carrying an A3 Cabriolet with MH temp. plates. There was a luxury expo at emporio which got washed out and these cars were being sent back or something.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425277263.929225.jpg
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425277307.897975.jpg
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1425277338.096427.jpg
VSD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2015, 20:26   #476
Distinguished - BHPian

Not so sure about that. I was there and I did notice a second hand Ferrari and a second hand Lamborghini. I don't think I saw these. But then again I might have overlooked them as they are rather run of the mill cars. Compared to the Ferrari and the Lambo at least.

Jeroen
Old 10th March 2015, 19:44   #477
BHPian

Spotted the almighty Cruze taking a cruise on a flat-bed today morning at 7:40 AM on ORR, Bangalore.
Didn't look like it was accompanied by it's owner, just the driver of the flat-bed accompanied by a help.

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img_20150310_074007.jpg
Old 8th April 2015, 19:07   #478
Senior - BHPian

Business as usual for a flat bed truck. Seen at Kochi, last week.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-photo0631.jpg  

Old 6th July 2015, 12:01   #479
Team-BHP Support

A Manipur registered Evoque. This beauty caught our attention at Dalkola, yesterday. Did a U-turn to take a picture and ask for details.

Apparently, this is being sent for service to Delhi [and why not Calcutta, Land Rover has an ASC there IIRC] Had Pirelli tires which had superficial cuts in the front RH tire. Didn't check other tires. Service = breakdown? The flatbed driver had no idea.

But good to see an RR driven the way it should [pics do suggest]
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img_0003.jpg  

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img_0004.jpg  

PICS : How flatbed tow trucks would run out of business without German cars!-img_0005.jpg  

Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2015, 12:25   #480
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a new white colored Bentley Flying Spur on a flatbed near Ambala few days back. It was on its way to Delhi probably for a service.

Most Viewed