Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2010, 00:18   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

The new Verna posted by Sid from the Korean website looks very smart. It can be identified as a Hyundai at the first glance. Compared to the current car, this new car looks infinitely better.

Personally, I like the black one.
Old 7th November 2010, 00:33   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The car looks beautiful ! Do i feel a lot of resemblence in the headlight between the verna / accent in the pics above with the new i10 ? And no diesel mentioned ?

And also looks like the blue illumination is becoming a Hyundai standard in all vehicles.

So could any one tell me which other market shares almost the same specifications as India for any manufacturer?

Off topic
: Has any one compared the blue illumination in i20 with the previous orange color? I basically feel the orange was better looking. Please note that I have not seen either blue or orange lights in person, but have seen those in the websites only !
I too have noticed that orange is a lil' more eye catching than blue!

Maybe blue is used as its less eye catching so that the driver concentrates more on the road!

And I agree regarding this Accent's looks! First ever sedan that looked appealing to me! Normally I'm a hatch guy!

Great job koreans!
Old 7th November 2010, 01:11   #123
Senior - BHPian

Wow - am I dreaming or people are actually praising the styling cues of Hyundai?
I see quite a few of these new sonatas here in US, with some genesis from time to time. Its the styling they have started with the genesis that is being passed along to other vehicles of Hyundai. Hyundai genesis can any day pass off as a car from merc etc.
Old 7th November 2010, 02:02   #124
Team-BHP Support

Slightly off-topic.

Why is Hyundai keeping these cars away from our shores? The new Verna may be on the cards, but just look at that Sonata! It will brutally murder the Accord and the Laura. Especially if it is priced like the current Embera. Hyundai, if you want larger market share, take a good long hard look at the previous page and tell yourselves that you'll can bring it here and in quick time.
Old 7th November 2010, 17:01   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Good looking car... I really like the looks...

Hyundai should launch it in India quick!
How quick, time will tell this!

Well, going by international standards of cars, what we get in INDIA is bare peanuts in terms of feature, quality etc... ; it takes some time to launch a stripped down version with cheaper plastics & high localisation to make the car INDIA specific.

Hyundai recently did a FL to existing Verna, the old warhorse Accent is stiil on the shelf.

Will they launch a new car 'Quickly' ? IMO, it shall take them at least six months to launch this!

Last edited by breezydrive : 7th November 2010 at 17:04.
Old 7th November 2010, 17:59   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
I too have noticed that orange is a lil' more eye catching than blue!

Maybe blue is used as its less eye catching so that the driver concentrates more on the road!
I prefer the orange any day , but blue would have been a killer if they used the Crisp White font for that blue background.

Blue background with blue font doesn't look good.

for ODO light i prefer the Blue though as the font color is White and its crisp.

Old 7th November 2010, 18:13   #127
BHPian

That Accent looks hot! All Accents I see these days are cabs. The Verna is slowly dying. As a matter of fact I don't see the new Vernas around. The old ones are omnipresent.

The Accent was a good sedan, pretty trustworthy and reliable. Hyundai with proper pricing can give the Accent a new lease of life!!

About the Sonata, well, it is fantastic to say the least. Eats the Accord for dinner, atleast in the looks department.
Old 8th November 2010, 09:44   #128
Senior - BHPian

Looks good. I hope they bring the GDI here, a car which can easily beat the C+ segment cars in terms on performance.

Also i would rather they ditch this stupid Verna name and go for a i name. i35?
Old 8th November 2010, 10:43   #129
Senior - BHPian

The new Sonata in US is super hot & they have just made the Verna on the same lines.
I just wish they launch the 1.6 CRDi soon in India.
Old 8th November 2010, 11:27   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
How quick, time will tell this!

Well, going by international standards of cars, what we get in INDIA is bare peanuts in terms of feature, quality etc... ; it takes some time to launch a stripped down version with cheaper plastics & high localisation to make the car INDIA specific.

Hyundai recently did a FL to existing Verna, the old warhorse Accent is stiil on the shelf.

Will they launch a new car 'Quickly' ? IMO, it shall take them at least six months to launch this!
Have heard from cousin living at DXB that Hyundai products sold there are of bad quality. I understand that the cars fom Hyundai we get here are of great quality for the price its sold here.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
So what's the word on the diesel.
I think it's a relatively safe assumption we'll get one in India, but will it be the exact same 1.6 CRDi as the current verna?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
The new Sonata in US is super hot & they have just made the Verna on the same lines.
I just wish they launch the 1.6 CRDi soon in India.
140bhp CRdi Kp?

I also think and was wondering if the current Verna will be sold along with the new Verna & hence the newer would command 10lac plus?

Also, Ford plans to price the new Fiesta higher than the outgoing one.
Old 8th November 2010, 12:53   #131
Senior - BHPian

All that power looks real nice on paper. I just hope it doesn't handle like a boat again.

We don't have any compression figures on either engine do we? By how much can we expect them to be detuned?

Last edited by EssYouWe : 8th November 2010 at 12:57.
Old 8th November 2010, 22:36   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
.....Have heard from cousin living at DXB that Hyundai products sold there are of bad quality. I understand that the cars fom Hyundai we get here are of great quality for the price its sold here.

Correct me if I am wrong......
I don't see any reason to consider DXB quality as any sort of benchmark for India at any price!

Just see the additional features in i20 sold in UK Hyundai | New Cars | I20

Last edited by breezydrive : 8th November 2010 at 22:37.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:03   #133
Senior - BHPian

Why did Hyundai come up with "Transform" if they are to replace Verna with a new one in immediate future?
Old 8th November 2010, 23:09   #134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Why did Hyundai come up with "Transform" if they are to replace Verna with a new one in immediate future?
A midlife face-lift extends the life of the car in the market. I guess they were just buying themselves some time before officially launching the new Verna. However, I think the new Verna will take some time to come here.
Old 8th November 2010, 23:30   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
140bhp CRdi Kp?

I also think and was wondering if the current Verna will be sold along with the new Verna & hence the newer would command 10lac plus?
Naah. the BHP won't be anywhere close to 140 but the torque is gonna be around 280 Nm, i'm told. The speed boat is gonna get even more crazier.

IMO, Pricing is definitely an issue, else it should have been launched by now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks