Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2012, 23:11   #5551
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

guys, need some advice here.

I am looking for a Punto diesel in delhi which i am sure i will be able to get for less than 4 lacs.
while searching u also came across a few Palio 1.3 diesels atless than 2.6 lacs that are post 2008 models. Now while they use the same MJD motor, I want to know if it will be a wise decision to go for a palio instead of a punto. and what should be its correct price?
Old 5th September 2012, 01:42   #5552
BHPian

Folks ,

I am going to buy a Ford Fusion TDCi run 45000 Kms, 2009 model in chennai.

What could be the sane price to ask for ?

Need some help please.

Cheers,
Chaos
Old 5th September 2012, 01:57   #5553
BHPian

Only 20K on ODO in 4 years for a diesel Tata indigo? This itself is on the lower side. Was the owner out of country or something? Otherwise the reading seems fishy and adjusted.
Get it checked thoroughly from your trusted mechanic and then go for the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

A dealer in western suburbs in Mumbai is offering Aug-2008 Tata Indigo LE CS with 20,000 kms on ODO for Rs. 2,20,000. This is a Diesel Car.

The price seems to be on lower side, shall I go & see this Car? Other then Service history & No Claim bonus on the Insurance policy, is there anything hat I should specifically notice in Used Tata Cars?

Thanks,
athanedar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 02:17   #5554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Let me clarify I have no personal interest in the deal either way. I hope you get a Jazz soon either way. In terms of sentiment, I agree there is nothing to beat a new car, but its up to us to balance it with practicality.
Thanks for the pointer Selfdrive,
The whole idea of going in for a Used Jazz, came in after hearing about the ridiculous waiting period for it during the beginning of the year, and after UPA-II's petrol bombs in May, thought I might as well undercut on the huge depreciation on petrol cars.
Yes, i think you would know him too, btw have to say after seeing his car I am a big fan of Rallye Red. Initially, I was keen on UT and my second choice was White, as the showroom display Rallye Red didn't impress me. The best part of this all is my cousin(who accompanied me for the test drive) , he wasn't happy with my decision of sticking with Jazz and wanted me to go for Fabia 1.6 instead only because he didn't like the looks. Guess, what he said after the TD - "I think Jazz looks fantastic in Red."
May be its the Live To Drive sticker on the bumper.
Anyways will get one either way as soon as I return from my trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
http://newdelhi.olx.in/2009-fiat-500...-iid-413035277

Guys does anyone else see a catch in this deal? Or is it just too good to be true?
That's a fake listing for sure. Even if one is selling just the regular Fiat 500, the seller ought to have smoked something crazy to give it away at 4.5L.

Always wanted one though after seeing lots of them on London streets. It became more desirable, after I knew Schumi uses a 500Abarth as his regular car. (Topgear appearance, I think)

Cheers,
D
delta5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2012, 12:01   #5555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello All,

A dealer in western suburbs in Mumbai is offering Aug-2008 Tata Indigo LE CS with 20,000 kms on ODO for Rs. 2,20,000. This is a Diesel Car.

The price seems to be on lower side, shall I go & see this Car? Other then Service history & No Claim bonus on the Insurance policy, is there anything hat I should specifically notice in Used Tata Cars?

Thanks,
Hello Jignesh,
Thanks Jignesh, for answering my query!!
As for your query, 20 K's for a 4 year car does seem odd. That's less that 15 kms a day!! Do check for odo tampering. Let's presume that 20K's is a genuine mileage. Even then,do understand that a car that's not been driven for a long time can have it's share of problems.
And jumping from a Maruti to Tata is not exactly a leap forward, especially in terms of A.S.S & Reliability. Believe me buddy!! Buy it only if you are double sure about the car.
I strongly suggest you buy a Swift D/ Ritz D.

Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashant316 View Post
guys, need some advice here.

I am looking for a Punto diesel in delhi which i am sure i will be able to get for less than 4 lacs.
while searching u also came across a few Palio 1.3 diesels atless than 2.6 lacs that are post 2008 models. Now while they use the same MJD motor, I want to know if it will be a wise decision to go for a palio instead of a punto. and what should be its correct price?
Hello Prashant,
Palio's in today's age are outdated models. Although 2.6L seems a very tempting price & it shares the MJD motor with Punto, other spares are quite different from that of Punto's. And that might pose a problem.
Do go through these ownership threads:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2847307

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...e-1-3-mjd.html
Infact bydesign, resides in Delhi. You can contact him for his opinion.

Hope this helps,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2012, 12:29   #5556
BHPian

Just saw a 2011 Honda Accord 2.4 AT with 11K on odo. Asking price is 18 Lac.
Was wondering how much should be its realistic sales price. My running is quite low and I am OK with petrol car delivering 8kmpl even at 100Rs/Litre.

But looking at market trend, I think it should be traded at much more discount. A quick online valuation is giving a figure of 13.5 Lac.

Even at that price I guess one would value a new XUV w8 with massive ground clearance and diesel advantage over this premium offering.

Just wanted to understand what others think.
Old 6th September 2012, 12:44   #5557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
My running is quite low and I am OK with petrol car delivering 8kmpl even at 100Rs/Litre.
Are you sure it's 8km/L? I heard it was 5-6 km/L?
Old 6th September 2012, 12:57   #5558
BHPian

Quote:
Was wondering how much should be its realistic sales price. My running is quite low and I am OK with petrol car delivering 8kmpl even at 100Rs/Litre.

But looking at market trend, I think it should be traded at much more discount. A quick online valuation is giving a figure of 13.5 Lac.

Even at that price I guess one would value a new XUV w8 with massive ground clearance and diesel advantage over this premium offering.

18 is too high for an Accord. Petrol cars have lost value and the Accord doesn't give really good FE too. The previous model Accord is available for as low as 5-6 lacs.
Maximum price for the car should be 14 - 14.5. What colour is the car and how is the condition?
Old 6th September 2012, 14:03   #5559
BHPian

If you can afford 18L, you can perhaps buy the VFM brand new Superb entry version for sub 20L

Quote:

Old 6th September 2012, 14:28   #5560

Hi Guys,

My neighbour was selling his Aveo UVA (2008 model, 27k km), which I have just bought for 1.7 lac. Except for the normal 4 yr accumulation of Bangalore traffic dents, the car is in pretty good condition. Do you think its VFM?

I'll be getting the car soon, and should hopefully be able to provide an initial ownership review soon.
Old 6th September 2012, 15:45   #5561
BHPian

Quote:
As everyone said, 18L is too steep, max 14-14.5L
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
If you can afford 18L, you can perhaps buy the VFM brand new Superb entry version for sub 20L
+1. An excellent suggession !!The Superb Entry version is worth checking out.
Regards
Varun
Old 7th September 2012, 20:55   #5562
BHPian

I just wanted to know how much I would get for my car,
Maruti 800 2005 June model.26600 Kms currently on the odo.I am the second owner. Infact we just purchased it a couple of months ago. Car is in a very good condition.Comprehensive insurance for a year.Not driven much Kms since we purchased it from the first owner.
Fully serviced recently.New beige artificial leather seats have just been put. Wheel caps are new too.
Shifting abroad in a couple of months hence no requirement for a vehicle now.
Was planning on posting this in the classified section base but I thought I would rather
check here first before I post it in the classifieds.
Old 8th September 2012, 12:35   #5563
BHPian

2002 WagonR

Hey guys,

My brother wants to sell his 2002 WagonR Lxi. Its only done 62500 km and is in reasonably good shape, barring a few dents.

Any ideas as to what a good price would be, in Noida? Not too enthused by the highest price of 90,000 on carwale.

Thanks.
Old 8th September 2012, 12:54   #5564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Maruti 800 2005 June model.26600 Kms currently on the odo.I am the second owner.
Hello raycers,
Since the car is already a 2nd hand one, I expect it to fetch around 0.75L to 1L. BTW, how much did you buy it for?
Regards,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Hey guys,

My brother wants to sell his 2002 WagonR Lxi. Its only done 62500 km and is in reasonably good shape, barring a few dents.
Thanks.
Hello mayjay,
Unfortunately, I think 90,000 is a fair price for the car. Remember it is 10 years old & the market for petrol cars is all time low.
Regards
Varun
- My 250th post. I'm quarter of a Senior BHP'ian!!

Last edited by powertrain : 8th September 2012 at 12:55.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2012, 14:13   #5565
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have a type 3 Honda city ZX Vtec 2006 model. Good condition, runs decent, 67000kms on ODO, original alloys, Sony 2-din audio system - no amps or woofers but does the job pretty well, serviced in Honda Service centers and once by an ex-Honda mechanic. Only issue being that I am the 3rd owner. Fortunately this has been a lucky car for all owners as the reason for selling has always been upgrading. 1st owner got promoted and bought a car suitable for his designation, 2nd owner sold it as he wanted 2 new separate cars- for himself and his would-be, and now am the 3rd owner looking forward to upgrade it and get a civic.

I bought this car last year in august directly from the owner, not from dealer. Please help me in finding it's approximate market value.

Thanks in advance.

Gagz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks