Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2012, 08:59   #5656
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hi,

I have seen a Petra Diesel 1.9 D ELX 2004 model and single owner with 38K kmks on the Odo for sale at 2 lakhs. The car is in good shape and the mechanicals are in good condition.

Kindly advice the best price to buy this car, and also if it is worth a buy in terms of cost of ownership, spares availability and servicing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tanveer
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:57   #5657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthns View Post
I have a 1999 ZEN LX Model bought in 2009 for 1.25L from the 3rd Owner. It is a Delhi car re registered in Trivandrum. I changed all 4 tyres to Bridgestone tyres. I bought a Ritz VDI in Feb 2012. I am trying very hard to sell the ZEN for the past 6 months. The rates quoted are so low (according to me), that I did not sell it. The Highest quote I got was 68000/- . This is Trivandrum where generally prices are higher than in places like, say, Cochin. WHat should I do? Sell it at 68,000?

Yes, sell for 68000. This is a good price. The Zen is the equivalent of ALto LXI (which has PS additional). Its a 13 year old car. D the depreciation of 50% every 5 years and you will see it is a good price. Dont hang on for too long. Once rust and everything starts settling in, it will be difficult to sell.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 09:57   #5658
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow
Hi,

I have seen a Petra Diesel 1.9 D ELX 2004 model and single owner with 38K kmks on the Odo for sale at 2 lakhs. The car is in good shape and the mechanicals are in good condition.

Kindly advice the best price to buy this car, and also if it is worth a buy in terms of cost of ownership, spares availability and servicing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tanveer
The price is way off. And the car is too old and discontinued too.
You could do much better with just a little more effort, even if it's just through our own classifieds.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 11:06   #5659
BHPian

Sparkglow, the deal is not worth. 2 lakhs for a 2002 Petra doesn't make sense. I would suggest you to go for a Lancer or City instead but if you really want to buy the Petra then I would suggest you not to spend more than 1.5 lakhs on it.
YashD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 12:41   #5660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Tanveer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Sparkglow, the deal is not worth. 2 lakhs for a 2002 Petra doesn't make sense. I would suggest you to go for a Lancer or City instead but if you really want to buy the Petra then I would suggest you not to spend more than 1.5 lakhs on it.
@YashD, The car in question is a 2004 Model. But, I second you on the price part.

@Sparkglow, Before going to the price part, I'd strongly advice you against the car. A 8 year old, out of production FIAT with an outdated engine doesn't seem to be a safe bet. If you are fully aware of the risks in maintenance and resale part and still would like to go in for the deal, then try to finish the deal within 1.5L as mentioned by YashD.
kablu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2012, 13:57   #5661

Swift Petrol

BHPians,

Need your advice.

One of my office colleagues is selling a Swift VXi. Details are -
May 2011 model, 9900 Kms run, White in color, body colored mirrors and door handles, no seat covers, couple of dings (stone marks)

Price quotes is 4.1 lacs, have not yet seen the car.

1. Is the price fair, what is a good price ?
2. Is it worth buying a used Swift versus buying new Eon or Wagon R
3. My commute is around 1000 kms per month within city with very minimal highway runs. Is petrol the right pick?

Planning to take a look at car today.

Pls pour in your thoughts

iCars
Old 22nd September 2012, 21:33   #5662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Yes, sell for 68000. This is a good price. The Zen is the equivalent of ALto LXI (which has PS additional). Its a 13 year old car. D the depreciation of 50% every 5 years and you will see it is a good price. Dont hang on for too long. Once rust and everything starts settling in, it will be difficult to sell.
Thanks for the advice and realistic appreciation. Will dispose off as soon as possible. Only, I was just thinking, I cannot even get a decent bike for that price, sigh ......
Old 23rd September 2012, 00:31   #5663
BHPian

I have a single owner 2005 diesel G3 variant silver color which has clocked 116253 to be precise in overall good condition as this car has been mostly used for highway drives. We are planning to sell it and so far I have been looking at something around 6.75L for it. When advertised online I find only dealers coming in and asking for prices around 6L. The max I got was 6.30L about a month back from a dealer!
I believe there is a demand for used Innova cars, so am I asking for too much? Please let me know your views on this.
Old 23rd September 2012, 13:40   #5664
Senior - BHPian

Re: Swift Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
BHPians,

Need your advice.

One of my office colleagues is selling a Swift VXi. Details are -
May 2011 model, 9900 Kms run, White in color, body colored mirrors and door handles, no seat covers, couple of dings (stone marks)

1. Is the price fair, what is a good price ?
2. Is it worth buying a used Swift versus buying new Eon or Wagon R
3. My commute is around 1000 kms per month within city with very minimal highway runs. Is petrol the right pick?

Planning to take a look at car today.

Pls pour in your thoughts

iCars
Get the Wagon R CNG if CNG station is near office or home. Its 46xxxx on road Mumbai. For a 12000 km annual run, the petrol will be more expensive by 50000 per year (assuming wagonR FE @15kmpl and Swift @ 11kmpl in MUmbai. Buffered 5000 for petrol in CNG WagonR)
For those outstation trips, rent a innvova, Tavera, Indigo or similar.
Old 23rd September 2012, 14:24   #5665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Model: Honda City 1.5V. Year: May 2011. Color: Silver. Kms Clocked: 11500. Owner: Individual (Dad's friend). Condition: Excellent!
Hello YashD,

Rs. 5.75 lacs for a 1.5 year old Honda City is a real good deal.

You will not get even a Diesel Hatchback for Rs. 6 lacs. If you are willing to buy a Petrol Car this is a real good deal. Plus there is Honda advantage. Also you are sure of the quality of the car. Please go for it.

Instead of buying a sedan like Elantra at Diwali, you cam buy a another Car altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCars View Post
Swift VXi. Details are - May 2011 model, 9900 Kms run, White in color, body colored mirrors and door handles, no seat covers, couple of dings (stone marks)
My commute is around 1000 kms per month within city with very minimal highway runs. Is petrol the right pick?
Hello,

Firstly if your usage is more than 800 KMS per month, petrol is not a good option. You should look for CNG / Diesel options.

Also if you are willing to pay Rs. 4.1 lacs for used Car, then why not go for new WagonR CNG for approx Rs. 4.75 lacs.

You may also look at 2008 Cars like Honda City for approx Rs. 3.5 lacs & then install a CNG kit.

Thanks,
Old 23rd September 2012, 14:50   #5666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh
Hello Friends,

I am getting 2009 Tata Indigo CS LX TDI with following details:

Make: March 2009
Model: Tata Indigo CS LX TDI
ODO: 31,000
Condition Good. (from outside it looks very good)
Asking Price: Rs. 3,35,000

Shall I go for the above Car? What do Tata Indigo Owners say?

Thanks,
I have used a 2005 model indigo this year for 25000 kms!

For the first 10 k kms,I was trying to kill it to make way for a new car.now I have come to respect it! Frugal on fuel and maintenance. Easy repairs. Easy spares availability.

The cs will do well as a daily driver.the tdi engine is rugged and will survive poor fuel quality and take you 120 kmph easy.

The price is reasonable if service history is available and it hasn't been abused.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:20   #5667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello YashD,

Rs. 5.75 lacs for a 1.5 year old Honda City is a real good deal.

You will not get even a Diesel Hatchback for Rs. 6 lacs. If you are willing to buy a Petrol Car this is a real good deal. Plus there is Honda advantage. Also you are sure of the quality of the car. Please go for it.

Instead of buying a sedan like Elantra at Diwali, you cam buy a another Car altogether.
Yes buddy, its indeed a really good deal. I am sure about the quality of the car as I myself drive it several times. (My dad's best friends car so both keeps exchanging their rides ) Actually, the mileage is of 7-8kmpl and I was thinking of getting a Laura vRS or a Elantra this diwali. Instead of buying City now I am thinking of vRS as its the best driver's car available under 30 lakhs. Plus, the Skoda dealership in Kolkata is owned by my dad's friend so I will get good offers too.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:30   #5668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD

Yes buddy, its indeed a really good deal. I am sure about the quality of the car as I myself drive it several times. (My dad's best friends car so both keeps exchanging their rides ) Actually, the mileage is of 7-8kmpl and I was thinking of getting a Laura vRS or a Elantra this diwali. Instead of buying City now I am thinking of vRS as its the best driver's car available under 30 lakhs. Plus, the Skoda dealership in Kolkata is owned by my dad's friend so I will get good offers too.
YashD, 7-8kmpl seems too low for a City; I was thinking 10+ should be standard in city driving. That's a bit of a worry for sure, IMHO.
Old 23rd September 2012, 21:34   #5669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy70 View Post
YashD, 7-8kmpl seems too low for a City; I was thinking 10+ should be standard in city driving. That's a bit of a worry for sure, IMHO.
Yes, Its pretty low. Even my friend's city gives 8 kmpl in city and when driven hard it gave me around 5-6kmpl. So, buying the Laura makes much more sense at least I will be assured that due to 160 BHP on tap my mileage is low!
Old 24th September 2012, 19:43   #5670
BHPian

Hey Friends,

Can someone please tell me how is this deal?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...d/Fiesta.html/

Any feedback is helpful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks