Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2013, 13:07   #6406
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Creative420,

Nothing more than Rs. 1,00,000 for November 2002 WagonR Vxi with 65000 kms on ODO.

To give you actual illustration - I had bought November 2001 WagonR Vxi with 27000 kms on ODO in March 2010 for Rs. 1,40,000 & sold the same car for Rs. 1,15,000 after 1 year (in March 2011).

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hello creative,
Like Jignesh said, nothing over 0.80-1L. 1.4L is nothing but daylight robbery.
Thanks to both of you. I know the prices of used cars in Mumbai differ a LOT from used cars in Bangalore. Eg: A friend of mine bought a used 2010 Ford Figo TDCI in Mumbai, Kalyan actually about a month back for 3.8L and same car in Bangalore is worth around 5L (there's a listing in classified's section). It's a crazy crazy used market here. But thanks for your suggestion.

Anyone from Bangalore to suggest me about my query above? If anyone (from Bangalore) has sold or bought a WagonR as old as the one I've posted above? http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3007575

Last edited by creative420 : 5th January 2013 at 13:08. Reason: Adding link to my post
Old 5th January 2013, 18:36   #6407
BHPian

Today I saw a E250 Avant garde 2011 August model done 5400kms silver color for 33L. The actual cost of the car was 59L on road and the owner got 5L discount on this car which came to him finally for 54L. It's looks like its just out of the showroom. Is it worth the buy? Say if I get this and sell it after a year how much do you think I would lose?
Old 5th January 2013, 18:58   #6408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Today I saw a E250 Avant garde 2011 August model done 5400kms silver color for 33L. The actual cost of the car was 59L on road and the owner got 5L discount on this car which came to him finally for 54L. It's looks like its just out of the showroom. Is it worth the buy? Say if I get this and sell it after a year how much do you think I would lose?
The first owner takes big hit on depreciation. After a year, you might be able to sell for 23 to 20 lacs since it will be seen as 2nd owner car.
Why not look at A4 brand new if you plan to keep for long time.
Old 5th January 2013, 21:28   #6409
Distinguished - BHPian

Posting on behalf of my friend. Please suggest on what would be the best price for the below car. He is planning to sell this one,

i10 Sportz
2009 Model
Close to 17000 Kms
No accidents/Claims
Second Owner
City - Bangalore

As per Carwale,
Fair Condition - 3,05,500
Good condition - 3,47,400
Excellent - 3,61,500
Old 5th January 2013, 23:16   #6410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Posting on behalf of my friend. Please suggest on what would be the best price for the below car. He is planning to sell this one,

i10 Sportz
2009 Model
Close to 17000 Kms
No accidents/Claims
Second Owner
City - Bangalore

As per Carwale,
Fair Condition - 3,05,500
Good condition - 3,47,400
Excellent - 3,61,500
I think the car wale prices are a bit over optimistic. That website is just full of brokers and hence not very accurate. A single owner 2011 sportz went for 3.6L in Chennai. I am guessing 2009 with 2 owners should be barely 3L.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 19:40   #6411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Thanks to both of you. I know the prices of used cars in Mumbai differ a LOT from used cars in Bangalore.
Hello Creative420,

Agreed that Used car prices are higher in Bangalore as compared to Mumbai or any other city in India, for that matter.

But as the mentioned Car is already 10 years old that is why suggested nothing more than Rs. 1 lacs for it. Anyways let us wait for someone for Bangalore comment on your query.

Quote:
i10 Sportz. 2009 Model. Close to 17000 Kms. No accidents/Claims. Second Owner. City - Bangalore
Hello Arun_Josie,

Actually Carwale valuations does not take number of owners into consideration. Anyways for the said Car I think Rs. 3 lacs to Rs 3.25 lacs would be a fair valuation as it is already a second owner car.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 22:11   #6412
BHPian

Quote:
i10 Sportz
2009 Model
Close to 17000 Kms
No accidents/Claims
Second Owner
City - Bangalore
Hello Arun,
Like Narayan and Jignesh suggested,I expect a max price of around 2.75~3L. Petrol and two previous owners dont gel too well.
Regards,
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2013, 22:20   #6413
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I am guessing 2009 with 2 owners should be barely 3L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Actually Carwale valuations does not take number of owners into consideration. Anyways for the said Car I think Rs. 3 lacs to Rs 3.25 lacs would be a fair valuation as it is already a second owner car.

Thanks,
Quote:
Hello Arun,
Like Narayan and Jignesh suggested,I expect a max price of around 2.75~3L. Petrol and two previous owners dont gel too well.
Regards,
Varun
Thanks guys for the inputs. I will pass this information to my friend.
Old 7th January 2013, 13:26   #6414
BHPian

What should be the ideal price for :-
year : 2008
Civic SMT
Mileage 30K

Also, does it makes sense to buy used civic. Please note that my monthly running is less than 500 KM.
I am looking for a value for money upgrade as I own a hatchback right now.
Please advice.
Old 7th January 2013, 14:10   #6415
BHPian

I am being offered a Mercedes 220cdi AT
2008 make
single owner
Thane registered
Done 40000kms
Price Rs 16Lacs

The car is in excellent condition.Please tell me if its a good price?
Old 7th January 2013, 14:21   #6416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hyd View Post
What should be the ideal price for :-
year : 2008
Civic SMT
Mileage 30K
Hello Sam,
I'm not aware of hyd prices ,but in Mumbai, you can get Civic's of your description, for around 5.5-5.75L. But in southern states, the same car might be priced @ around 6.5-7L, which I believe, is outright rubbish.

If you are hell bent on a Civic, I suggest you wait for another 6 months. Since it's recently discontinued, prices should be cool off in 6 months.

BTW, how much is the seller quoting?
Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 7th January 2013 at 14:22.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 14:56   #6417
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sam,
I'm not aware of hyd prices ,but in Mumbai, you can get Civic's of your description, for around 5.5-5.75L. But in southern states, the same car might be priced @ around 6.5-7L, which I believe, is outright rubbish.

If you are hell bent on a Civic, I suggest you wait for another 6 months. Since it's recently discontinued, prices should be cool off in 6 months.

BTW, how much is the seller quoting?
Hope this helps,
Varun
The seller is quoting around 6 lacks. That's why I think its a good deal. I do long trips 2-3 times in an year. Civic would give me extra space along with safety features like ABS and Airbags. This is the reason I want to buy it. Buying a new car doesn't makes sense for the kind of running I have. But I am worried whether I will be able to sell this car 3 years down the line.
Old 7th January 2013, 18:46   #6418
BHPian

Guys,

Linea T-Jet+, 16200 Kms done, Bangalore registered, Dec 2010 model and in good condition.

Owner asking for 7.5 Lacs, a friend of mine is interested in it (after having test driven it), he's thinking of quoting 7 Lacs. What would be a good/reasonable buyer's price ?
Old 7th January 2013, 18:56   #6419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Sam,
Agree with you on the higher prices down South.
But, Civic is not discontinued
It might get replaced by the 9th Generation in another 1-2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_hyd View Post
The seller is quoting around 6 lacks. That's why I think its a good deal. I do long trips 2-3 times in an year. Civic would give me extra space along with safety features like ABS and Airbags. This is the reason I want to buy it. Buying a new car doesn't makes sense for the kind of running I have. But I am worried whether I will be able to sell this car 3 years down the line.
6 lacs is a good price for the quoted model, if the car is in good condition. Since its already 30k only, if the tires and insurance are updated, you will have the next big bill only on 40k.

Whatever specs you had mentioned above is spot on for the Civic.
Only thing that worries me is your intention to sell the car in less than 5 years, becuase that time will be little less to not to end up in losing on resale value.

EDIT: Civic is a highway car, and is best out their in the open. For short runs within the City, cars like City will be better option compared to Civic, if this is what you are intending it for (Added this point, since you mentioned on expected low usage of the car.)

Last edited by sarathlal : 7th January 2013 at 19:02. Reason: added another point.
sarathlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2013, 19:02   #6420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Austin View Post
Linea T-Jet+, 16200 Kms done, Bangalore registered, Dec 2010 model and in good condition.

Owner asking for 7.5 Lacs, a friend of mine is interested in it (after having test driven it), he's thinking of quoting 7 Lacs. What would be a good/reasonable buyer's price ?
Rs. 7 Lacs on the outside provided the car is in very good condition.

Otherwise you might be better off starting with quoting a figure under that and closing at Rs. 6.75-6.85 Lacs. Go up to 7 if the car is exceptionally maintained and you think it deserves the extra premium.

Most Viewed