Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2012, 08:55   #5446
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Hello Friend,
Do you guys have any experience with Fazulbhoy Motors (Prabhadevi Mumbai). I ask because of this advert Used 2007 Skoda Laura Old L&K 1.9 PD MT (S324185) for sale in Mumbai - CarWale . The listing is for 'Individual' but googling the phone number shows that it belongs to Fazulbhoy Motors. This looks doubtful, but the car and price looks nice.

I am looking for a Diesel sedan for daily driving that shud have a good toruey engine, good mileage (12-15kmpl in traffic), good looking Exteriors and interiors with good quality plastics, all safety features and other bells and whistles etc in budget of around 6lacs .

Any suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by Zenster : 27th August 2012 at 09:10.
Old 27th August 2012, 10:18   #5447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster
Hello Friend,
Do you guys have any experience with Fazulbhoy Motors (Prabhadevi Mumbai). I ask because of this advert Used 2007 Skoda Laura Old L&K 1.9 PD MT (S324185) for sale in Mumbai - CarWale . The listing is for 'Individual' but googling the phone number shows that it belongs to Fazulbhoy Motors. This looks doubtful, but the car and price looks nice.

I am looking for a Diesel sedan for daily driving that shud have a good toruey engine, good mileage (12-15kmpl in traffic), good looking Exteriors and interiors with good quality plastics, all safety features and other bells and whistles etc in budget of around 6lacs .

Any suggestions are welcome.
Fazulbhoys is a Used Car Dealer, so you can expect them to do everything any other used car dealer would do. I think you should look at buying this car anywhere between 6 to 6.15lakhs. The LnK model came with nice 16inch Alloys, so am guessing if they are changed in the car, it is probably because the company alloys were damaged in some sort of shunt. You need to check that out. Also from images the suspension looks a little jacked up. Check the reason for it. The driver seat has a cloth cover over the leather, it must be to hide the damaged leather. Do remove it and check up.
Remember the Laura isnt exactly a cheap car to maintain, so though it may seem like a good price to buy at giving a lot of features, you need to mentally and financially be prepared for heavy maintenance bills.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 10:38   #5448
Senior - BHPian

How much can I expect for a 60k run 2008 Cedia In Bangalore. I was quoted ~3.5L by Carnation but carwale suggests around 4.5L.
Old 27th August 2012, 10:59   #5449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
How much can I expect for a 60k run 2008 Cedia In Bangalore. I was quoted ~3.5L by Carnation but carwale suggests around 4.5L.
In Delhi this would go for about 3.5 - 3.8 lacs. Not too sure about your city though. Probably a little higher. Maybe upto 4.2 lacs.
Old 27th August 2012, 13:36   #5450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
I'm in the market for a used no frills & low maintenance small car, with a budget of Rs.1.5 lakh.
W.r.t my post above:

Finding a decent used car isn't so easy as I thought it would be. After visiting 4 dealers and looking at several used Altos over the weekend, I found only 1 specimen worth considering, with Maruti True Value. The rest were either too overpriced for their vintage or horribly maintained.

Details as follows: Variant Lxi, reg'n month: Oct 2007, odo reading: 60731 kms, single owner, almost new tyres, no accidents, no dents, some scratches but no paint chipped away, interior in decent condition, clutch a little hard, crack on windshield [which will be replaced if I buy the car]. Service history is available, though I haven't seen it yet. The asking price is 1.85L, after negotiations.

It seems slightly expensive to me, but is it worth it considering I will get an year's warranty + 3 free services [i.e. no labour charges]?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 27th August 2012 at 13:37.
Old 27th August 2012, 13:41   #5451
BHPian

Looking at a mum reg VW Jetta AT DSG. done around 3k Km. 8 months old. The owner is asking for 18L. The car looks good and is in good shape. Opinions people. I plan to keep the car for 7-8 years.
Old 27th August 2012, 13:45   #5452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
W.r.t my post above:

Finding a decent used car isn't so easy as I thought it would be. After visiting 4 dealers and looking at several used Altos over the weekend, I found only 1 specimen worth considering, with Maruti True Value. The rest were either too overpriced for their vintage or horribly maintained.

Details as follows: Variant Lxi, reg'n month: Oct 2007, odo reading: 60731 kms, single owner, almost new tyres, no accidents, no dents, some scratches but no paint chipped away, interior in decent condition, clutch a little hard, crack on windshield [which will be replaced if I buy the car]. Service history is available, though I haven't seen it yet. The asking price is 1.85L, after negotiations.

It seems slightly expensive to me, but is it worth it considering I will get an year's warranty + 3 free services [i.e. no labour charges]?

Cheers,
Vikram
Price is tooo high for a 5 year old Alto.
you can get a better can for 1.8-2L
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 14:01   #5453
BHPian

Quote:
W.r.t my post above:

Cheers,
Vikram
If you search properly maybe you could get a nice Santro or a Spark too in that price range. Prices of used petrol cars have come down.
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 14:25   #5454
BHPian

Quote:
W.r.t my post above:

Cheers,
Vikram
Hello Vikram, so you didn't find anything for 1.5L. Even I am of the opinion that the Alto's price is a bit on the higher side. But if you are sure about the mileage & car is in good condition, dont fuss too much over 10-20K's. Remember peace of mind is worth more than that!!
Like Strangewizard said, if you look hard & be patient, you can get a Spark for about 1.75-1.9L
Happy hunting,
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clix22 View Post
Looking at a mum reg VW Jetta AT DSG. done around 3k Km. 8 months old. The owner is asking for 18L. The car looks good and is in good shape. Opinions people. I plan to keep the car for 7-8 years.
Hello clix22, If I am correct,the OTR price of a new Jetta AT is about 22-22.5L, right? So 18L is a little too low for a car that's just done 3000 km's. Ideally, it should be around 19-19.5L. But you never know, the seller wants a quick deal & you could be in for a jackpot!!
Nevertheless, do check the car inside out & ask as to why is he selling the car in just 8 months. European cars are a bit heavy on maintainence, so the last thing you want is a troublesome car.
Hope this helps,
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 27th August 2012 at 14:27.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 14:29   #5455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Price is tooo high for a 5 year old Alto.
you can get a better can for 1.8-2L
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
If you search properly maybe you could get a nice Santro or a Spark too in that price range. Prices of used petrol cars have come down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Like Strangewizard said, if you look hard & be patient, you can get a Spark for about 1.75-1.9L
Thanks guys! I will keep searching on the coming weekends and hopefully will have better luck then Will keep the thread updated about the outcome.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 27th August 2012, 14:37   #5456
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys! I will keep searching on the coming weekends and hopefully will have better luck then Will keep the thread updated about the outcome.

Cheers,
Vikram
Last year I bought a Chevy Spark LS from True Value. 2007 model with 27000 kms for 2.2 lacs in excellent condition and full service history.
You can check out my thread.

True Value charges a premium of 30k-40k over market price but you get piece of mind if its a certified car. They take care of all problems in the car before selling.

Now that 1 year has passed since my purchase, true value premium and prices of used cars have come down a bit, you can easily get some nice car like the spark or santro. Go through our classifieds and carwale too. Buying from an individual instead of a dealer will save you even more.

All the best!
StrangeWizard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2012, 14:48   #5457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clix22
If you want the Auto, then haggle n try and close around 17. Else buy a new Jetta TL.
Old 27th August 2012, 15:11   #5458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Isnt a new Laura AT a better deal at around ~19L OTR ?
Old 27th August 2012, 17:15   #5459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Isnt a new Laura AT a better deal at around ~19L OTR ?
Dont like the A$$ stories of Skoda. So that's out. Also called the chap up and he said deal had been done at 17.7L. So guess that ends the story.
Old 27th August 2012, 19:04   #5460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dont like the A$$ stories of Skoda. So that's out. Also called the chap up and he said deal had been done at 17.7L. So guess that ends the story.
Read through the recent reports on Skoda - it seemed to have cleaned up quite a bit. Skoda Shield offers you brilliant peace of mind as well. Product quality wise - Jetta has same mechanicals as Laura - plus i have personally found VW dealer attitude worse than Skoda's.

Most Viewed