Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2012, 11:11   #5371
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimaate View Post
Had a chat with the owner to get the details, the car is actuallly 2nd owner car. This owner got it from a dealer 8 months back with 45000kms on odo and have driven about 5000kms hence. He selling because going for a company lease car policy to get a new one. Had done some suspension overhaul and all 4 spark plugs changed. Plus the speedometer is not working as what he says.
(I will go tomorrow to inspect the car)
nearly 2.5 - 3 lacs sounds fine to me for this. Do ensure that the car is in a buyable condition. Get it checked by a good mechanic before closing the deal.
Old 17th August 2012, 11:23   #5372
lsp
BHPian

Hi Jignesh
Despite both your and my association with the brand I would advise you not to go with a Tata.

If you increase your budget a little (~3.5) you can get a newer and lesser used Punto. Even a Linea if you extend your budget a little more.

Fiat A.S.S. apart, Punto/Linea would be a much better car in terms of ride handling and owner satisfaction. But then TATA A.S.S is no better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

With increasing Petrol prices I am planning to shift to Diesel vehicle.

I am getting March 2008 Tata Indigo CS TDI LS with 40,000 kms on ODO for approx Rs. 3,00,000 in Mumbai.

Friends, is this is a good price? Also can anyone suggest whether it is advisable to buy 4 year old Indigo TDI?

Thanks,
lsp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 11:42   #5373
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

With increasing Petrol prices I am planning to shift to Diesel vehicle.

I am getting March 2008 Tata Indigo CS TDI LS with 40,000 kms on ODO for approx Rs. 3,00,000 in Mumbai.

Friends, is this is a good price? Also can anyone suggest whether it is advisable to buy 4 year old Indigo TDI?

Thanks,
price is okay with some room for negotiation (20-25k), but Indigo TDI may not be the vehicle that will remain problem free, and it sure is not a vehicle that you can keep for 4-5 yrs. down the line; however you'd never face any issues while selling it (due to popularity among cabbies).

like others did, i would also suggest you to extend your budget to 4 lac and look for a used Punto MJD, or to 5-5.5 lac and look for a Linea MJD; both these cars could be kept without much issues for years to come.

is your monthly run high enough to warrant for a replacement to your WagonR OR it is the time for a change?
infotech58 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 12:33   #5374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsp View Post
Despite both your and my association with the brand I would advise you not to go with a Tata.
Hello LSP,

What you have said is true. let me go back & re-work the finances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
is your monthly run high enough to warrant for a replacement to your WagonR OR it is the time for a change?
Hello Infotech,

My monthly running of Car is approx 800 kms. But the current Petrol prices are pinching. Also I bought my WagonR for Rs. 3.10 lacs & currently I am getting used Tata Indigo CS TDI in exchange of my WagonR without any additional payment. So I thought of shifting to Diesel Car & reduce my monthly Petrol bills by 50%.

But as pointed by you & others, Indigo CS is known to give some problems so I will have to re-think on my plans.

Thanks,
Old 17th August 2012, 13:01   #5375
BHPian

Quote:
Hello LSP,

Hello Infotech,

My monthly running of Car is approx 800 kms. But the current Petrol prices are pinching. Also I bought my WagonR for Rs. 3.10 lacs & currently I am getting used Tata Indigo CS TDI in exchange of my WagonR without any additional payment. So I thought of shifting to Diesel Car & reduce my monthly Petrol bills by 50%.

But as pointed by you & others, Indigo CS is known to give some problems so I will have to re-think on my plans.

Thanks,
Hello Jignesh, 800 km/month is borderline to warrant a diesel car. Any more running & petrol costs will drain your pockets.
Are you looking for a sedan or hatchback? You can find last gen Swift VDi of 2008 run 40K's @ around 3.25-3.5L range. Try Maruti True Value. You may get an exchange bonus too.
I will not suggest you to a TATA/FIAT car, cause it will again take you to their A.S.S.
In sedans, try to look for last gen Verna SX/ Dzire ZDi. You may find a 2008/09 with 40-50K's @ around 5.25-5.75L range.
Happy hunting
Varun
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2012, 15:48   #5376
BHPian

Audi A4 2.0TDI, registered in 2008 September in New Delhi (DL3C), 30k kms on the odo (genuine, checked with Audi service station for entries). with the VVC package (I don't know what that means). The car has been kept well. The seller is asking for 14L. What do you believe would be a reasonable offer to make?
Old 17th August 2012, 19:12   #5377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
Audi A4 2.0TDI, registered in 2008 September in New Delhi (DL3C), 30k kms on the odo (genuine, checked with Audi service station for entries). with the VVC package (I don't know what that means). The car has been kept well. The seller is asking for 14L. What do you believe would be a reasonable offer to make?
Hello duke, 14L seems like a fair price for a 2008 A4. Although, 13.5L seems spot on. Try to bring down the price by saying that it's a recently discontinued model. I'm too not aware of the VVC package.
Regards
Varun
Old 17th August 2012, 20:58   #5378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
14 lacs seem to be a good price - grab it even if the seller doesn't come down further...
Old 17th August 2012, 23:26   #5379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
They offer 1 year standard warranty for engine, gear box, drive train, etc and provide three free service vouchers at Popular Automatch (their partner for multi-brand car servicing). I guess they have done sufficient assessment of the car before offering the warranty and free services. Please share if anybody has any experience on these.
[Alto K10 Vxi, June/2011, 30,000, single owner]
Another interesting thing that has come up while closely looking at this car, it appears that it was last serviced at a Maruti A.S.S during Sep/2011 when Odo was at 5900. After that, there is no service done so far on the car at any Maruti A.S.S. Current odo reading is 30,000. The owner says he has serviced at some service stations during some of his trips. Doesn't sound convincing. The dealer has not looked at this while buying the car and has no clue on this and is unable to get any service records.

Is it worth taking a risk of buying this car without proper service records?

Regards
Rex
Old 17th August 2012, 23:38   #5380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese

[Alto K10 Vxi, June/2011, 30,000, single owner]
Another interesting thing that has come up while closely looking at this car, it appears that it was last serviced at a Maruti A.S.S during Sep/2011 when Odo was at 5900. After that, there is no service done so far on the car at any Maruti A.S.S. Current odo reading is 30,000. The owner says he has serviced at some service stations during some of his trips. Doesn't sound convincing. The dealer has not looked at this while buying the car and has no clue on this and is unable to get any service records.

Is it worth taking a risk of buying this car without proper service records?

Regards
Rex
24000 in 1 year?
man,he must have slogged the poor thing to hell and back.That kind of running, and no records,it may throw up a surprise or two for you.

on the other hand,maybe the dealer sent a batch of purchases en-bulk to have the odos worked,"jaa saari 30 kara la" (get them all set to 30k).
his suppandi may have made that error.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 01:31   #5381
BHPian

A colleague is having Zen 2005 70k kms single owner weighing above 80 kg no idea Vxi or Lxi, changed only both bumpers with insurance, claims well maintained mostly at single service centre.
He has booked Dezire diesel, expected in January. He claimed that he had been offered 125k by dealer, but he did not give it. Presently he is using his friends diesel Dezire.
He offered it to sell it to me after changing tyres. Did not quote price but may be more than 125k. I am not inclined for Zen as rear seat for 3 people may not be comfortable.
If I go for it what is ideal price and things that may need servicing like AC, suspension etc.
I m inclined towards Palio, esteem, getz.
Old 18th August 2012, 07:46   #5382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
A colleague is having Zen 2005 70k kms single owner weighing above 80 kg no idea Vxi or Lxi, changed only both bumpers with insurance, claims well maintained mostly at single service centre.
He has booked Dezire diesel, expected in January. He claimed that he had been offered 125k by dealer, but he did not give it. Presently he is using his friends diesel Dezire.
He offered it to sell it to me after changing tyres. Did not quote price but may be more than 125k. I am not inclined for Zen as rear seat for 3 people may not be comfortable.
If I go for it what is ideal price and things that may need servicing like AC, suspension etc.
I m inclined towards Palio, esteem, getz.
The ideal price would depend on how the car is maintained. Anything between 1 lakh to 1.30 lakhs would be fair for the Zen (Lxi). If the tyres are brand new (after change) then 1.35 would also be ok if the car is really well maintained and without scratches.

Palio may have service issues.

Others cars you may consider but do make a good research before buying a used car.

Last edited by Gautam Misra : 18th August 2012 at 07:48. Reason: typos
Old 18th August 2012, 12:13   #5383
Senior - BHPian

Hello Folks!

I'm in the market for a used no frills & low maintenance small car, with a budget of Rs.1.5 lakh.

For me, only PS and AC is enough and PWs are not a must. As this vehicle won't be used much [< 500 km per month], logic dictates a Petrol vehicle. My plan is to keep this vehicle for a max period of 3 years. All these factors have made me lean towards an Alto [1st preference] and Santro [2nd preference].

So, before I begin the rounds of used car showrooms in Pune, I'd like to get inputs from members on what are my realistic choices, with respect to the vintage & kms clocked, and a correspondingly reasonable price for that vehicle.

Looking forward to your inputs!

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 18th August 2012, 12:48   #5384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hello Folks!

I'm in the market for a used no frills & low maintenance small car, with a budget of Rs.1.5 lakh.

Looking forward to your inputs!

Cheers,
Vikram
Hello Vikram,
Between the Santro & Alto, I would always prefer the Santro cause it's a wee bit larger than the Alto. The high seating position gives a better view of the roads. The downside is that the ride at the rear is a little bumpy.
On the other hand, the Alto will be cheaper to buy & maintain.
You could get a 2003/04 Santro, run around 55K's to 60K's for 1.3L-1.6L
& Alto of 2004/05 run around 55K's to 60K's for around 1.5L.

In the hope to confuse you more, may I suggest a Maruti WagonR of similar vintage.
The main advantage of the WagonR is that in the VXi trim it has split rear seats that can be reclined! And the ride is better than the Santro & Alto.
Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 18th August 2012 at 13:14. Reason: Adding info
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2012, 15:30   #5385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
In the hope to confuse you more, may I suggest a Maruti WagonR of similar vintage. The main advantage of the WagonR is that in the VXi trim it has split rear seats that can be reclined! And the ride is better than the Santro & Alto.
Thanks a lot, Varun! I don't mind buying a Wagon-R [2003-04 vintage, 55-60k run] at all, if it fits in 1.5L. However, only time will tell if if I find any owners generous enough to let one go at that price

Will keep this thread updated with the results of my search.

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks