Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 22:12   #5911
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari_lover View Post
Swift VXi 2007 - 44,000KM on the odo. Price quoted 3.35L. This car doesn't have a music system and but the folks at Carnation are ready to put in a JVC/Panasonic HU and two speakers at front.
Swift Vxi 2008 - 53000KM on the Odo. This one has a music system with Panasonic HU, two JBL speakers on the parcel tray and I assume two at the front. The price quoted is 3.40L.
Are these fair prices? Which amongst the two is a better deal? Is Carnation a trustworthy used car dealer?
Hello, safari_lover,

Rs. 3.35 lacs for 2007 Swift Vxi is on higher side.

Rs. 3.4 lacs for 2008 Swift Vxi is OK considering the fact that you get one year warranty from Carnation. Also ensure that tyres are replaced at 40,000 kms. But personally, I feel 53,000 kms on ODO is on higher side. If possible try to get used cars with less 40,000 kms on ODO.

Regarding Carnation, there are mixed responses from people I know. If the price difference is more than 8% then I would prefer trusted local used Car Dealer.

Is Swift your only choice? I mean you can get 2010 WagonR for Rs. 3 lacs & 2010 Polo for approx Rs. 3.5 lacs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Jignesh
Is 3.5 lakhs a good price for a Dec 2009 Aura quadrajet run 23000kms, single owner and good condition ? Also any particular issues to watch out for in these model years ?
Hello Narayan,

Rs. 3.5 lacs for 2009 Vista aura Quadrajet is good. Nothing particular to take care, just take note of rattles & strange sounds during test drive & most important ensure that air pressure in Tyres is accurate.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 22:19   #5912
BHPian

In my opinion Carwale valuations do some justice, however out in the open now, used car price don’t follow any logic, people and even Manufacturers of cars like Maruti True value court anything that comes to mind and especially after the price difference between petrol and diesel gone the way it is in the last year, petrol cars are doomed.
Old 26th October 2012, 22:43   #5913
BHPian

Does this price look ok:

Maruti SX4 - Zxi
Manufacture date: Dec 2010
Registered Date: Jan 2011
Kms run: 20000
Place: Bangalore
Price Quoted: 5.2L

I have not seen the car yet. Will do based on the responses here.
Old 27th October 2012, 00:16   #5914
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk
Does this price look ok:

Maruti SX4 - Zxi
Manufacture date: Dec 2010
Registered Date: Jan 2011
Kms run: 20000
Price Quoted: 5.2L

I have not seen the car yet. Will do based on the responses here.
Not more than 4.5lacs. It's a petrol and come 2013, it will be seen as 3 yr old vehicle. Doesn't matter when it was registered.
harishpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 11:22   #5915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Maruti SX4 - Zxi. Manufacture date: Dec 2010
Registered Date: Jan 2011. Kms run: 20000. Place: Bangalore. Price Quoted: 5.2L
Hello Sanjay,

Rs. 5.2 is way too high for 2010 SX4 Zxi. It is a petrol hungry car & it's resale value has really gone down in last one year.

If you really like the car, try to negotiate hard to bring the proce below Rs. 4.5 lacs. I will suggest to pay in the range of Rs. 4 to Rs. 4.4 lacs for this Car. Anything more will not be worth paying for.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 11:23   #5916
BHPian

HI Guys,
Just made a purchase.
I bought a VW Passat 1.8 TSI with the following details
  • Manufacture: August 2010
  • Mileage: 34510 kms
Th car is registered in the name of Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd and is in absolute showroom condition.

I have closed the deal for Rs. 11.18 lakhs including all transfer and octroi charges. The car will be registered at my Khar West Address.

Whats your feedback guys?
punitkakri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2012, 17:01   #5917
BHPian

What would be the price of a Nov. 2009, Single owner, Indica vista LTD. ED. QDJ that has run for 45000kms. Completely stock with OEM alloys, ICE and Leather upholstery. ???
Old 27th October 2012, 18:43   #5918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petroguzzler View Post
What would be the price of a Nov. 2009, Single owner, Indica vista LTD. ED. QDJ that has run for 45000kms. Completely stock with OEM alloys, ICE and Leather upholstery. ???
Hello,

Rs. 3.5 lacs will be good for 2009 Vista QDJ which has done 45000 kms. Considereing the fact that the tyres are due for change very soon.

Thanks,
Old 27th October 2012, 18:57   #5919
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Narayan,

Apologies, I forgot that CNG is not available in Chennai currently.

Anyways, regarding the 2008 Polio that you are referring the reasonable price can be considered around Rs. 2.5 lacs, but taking into account the premium that used Diesel hatchbacks currently command, you can pay maximum Rs. 2.8 / Rs. 2.9 lacs for the Car.

Thanks,
I decided to skip the Palio because no matter how good a car it may be and how cheap I get it , if the 1st owner is struggling so much to sell it I can imagine my position when I need to sell it.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 00:08   #5920
BHPian

Greetings!

Looking to go the pre-worshipped Civic way:

Honda Civic S-AT
Year of mfg: 2006
Kms: 58000
"Extras": Good tyres (Yoko a-drives); leather seats.
Price: 5.2 Lacs (Quoted 5.75lacs).

Does this look OK?

Thanks
Old 28th October 2012, 11:08   #5921
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n
Thinking of buying a 2009 Hyundai i20 Asta 1.4 Petrol AT with sunroof from a used car dealer. He is quoting 5.2L. Car is in absolutely mint condition with 25K done on the odometer. Need to take a decision in two days. Please advise, fellow BHP-ians. Thanks.

No. Not worth.

Why not a 2009 City AT. This shouldn't be over 5.5 in the used market.

Heck - 2008 Civic AT are available in bulk between 5.00 to 5.50 and all in mint condition.
Thank you for the reply, Dipen. I do think it is pretty high price, but the issue is I am unable to find anything in this price range that has so many bells and whistles in it. For instance, parking sensors with rear camera display. I have tried negotiating with the dealer but he won't budge from 5.2L (including transfer and registration). Problem is when I think of resale value of the car down the line, I know it will depreciate like anything. I'd buy it in the bracket of 4.3-4.4L, but right now I think the dealer is overcharging.
Sigh, the heart wants the car, the pocket is signalling otherwise.
Any response to resolve this dilemma are highly welcome.
Old 28th October 2012, 12:49   #5922
Senior - BHPian

If your mind is made up on the i20, why not look for other variants which might be cheaper and add some of these features after market ? Just check whether this works out cheaper.
Old 28th October 2012, 13:38   #5923
BHPian

A relative sold his Silver SX4 Zxi 2008 June model clocked 46500kms for 2.60L in chennai with great difficulty. Insurance was renewed upto June 2013 but the tyres required a replacement.

A gem of an engine but had a little painting work carried out on the car at a local garage which made it look a little bad. Otherwise the car had a complete service history.

See if this is of any help to you guys!
Old 28th October 2012, 13:54   #5924
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n
Thank you for the reply, Dipen. I do think it is pretty high price, but the issue is I am unable to find anything in this price range that has so many bells and whistles in it. For instance, parking sensors with rear camera display. I have tried negotiating with the dealer but he won't budge from 5.2L (including transfer and registration). Problem is when I think of resale value of the car down the line, I know it will depreciate like anything. I'd buy it in the bracket of 4.3-4.4L, but right now I think the dealer is overcharging.
Bells and whistles apart, both City and Civic are much better deals in that price range. You can always add those parking sensors and reverse camera (can easily manage in an i20 without them too) aftermarket, but no minor modifications can make an i20 AT drive like a City/Civic AT.
Old 28th October 2012, 13:59   #5925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4nd3r50n View Post

4nd3r50n,
Do you feel the bells and whistles are worth a 1L premium?
If you like the car so much, negotiate hard and do not budge from your offer.
With the current petrol car prices, there is a high chance dealer will come back to you. If he doesn't just keep looking. Keep in mind that while buying a used car, even in mint condition, you will always end up spending some money even if it is just to personalize the car. Selling petrol vehicles is not easy in this market - for individuals as well as dealers. I suggest look around!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks