Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 10:43   #4006
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
I am planning to sell my April 2010 Honda City VMT with Navi Mumbai registration plates. The car has run only 16K kms, and is in immaculate condition with all service records, G-Sports art leather seat covers, 3M sun film etc. Called up Honda to inquire about buyback price, and they quoted 5-5.5L for the car Checked carwale, and some sellers are asking for 8.25 L for similar cars.

What price can I realistically expect to get for my car ?
Manumani, I was checking out City's as recently as a few weeks back and I saw an immaculately maintained V AT from Feb 2010 that had done 30k KMS. Seller was asking for 7.75 negotiable, so I imagine you can quote something in the region of 7L for the car realistically.
iliketurtles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 12:22   #4007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliketurtles View Post
Manumani, I was checking out City's as recently as a few weeks back and I saw an immaculately maintained V AT from Feb 2010 that had done 30k KMS. Seller was asking for 7.75 negotiable, so I imagine you can quote something in the region of 7L for the car realistically.
Thanks Iliketurtles. This is more in line with what I was expecting. 5.5L seemed too low for a 2 year old honda city. Heck, I'd buy one right now if anyon was selling at that price
Old 6th January 2012, 12:30   #4008

Having just moved to Bangalore I am looking for a car that will last me for a year or so (want to buy an XUV once the family moves). Found a USED 2001 Honda City Automatic that has 85K kms on it. The Dealer is asking for 1.75 Lakhs. The car needs some touch ups on the outer body. Otherwise the interior looks all right. I have to take a test drive and am planning to do that today.

is this a good deal? How much more life does it have, having done 85K Kms?

What should be the things I need to check specifically in a 2001 city?

Thanks.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:30   #4009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manumani View Post
Heck, I'd buy one right now if anyon was selling at that price
You can't fault the Honda dealership for trying to get a steal by lowballing you. Good thing you realized their offer was a bit rubbish
Old 6th January 2012, 13:47   #4010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by integra98 View Post
Having just moved to Bangalore I am looking for a car that will last me for a year or so (want to buy an XUV once the family moves). Found a USED 2001 Honda City Automatic that has 85K kms on it. The Dealer is asking for 1.75 Lakhs. The car needs some touch ups on the outer body. Otherwise the interior looks all right. I have to take a test drive and am planning to do that today.

is this a good deal? How much more life does it have, having done 85K Kms?

What should be the things I need to check specifically in a 2001 city?

Thanks.
1.75 Lac for OHC AT is a good deal in B'lore; however negotiate as much as you can and get it dropped by few more thousands. I had checked out a 2001 OHC AT in Mumbai during May/June and negotiated it down to 1.65 Lac, car did not have service history, leather seat covers were in bad condition, had done 82k KMs, and had a few scratches on body; suspension work was already done and the engine was in good condition.

for a OHC, please check the condition of suspension, steering rack for oil leakage (very common problem in OHC), condition of engine and gearbox mounts, condition of exhaust and muffler, and check engine light (most commonly O2 sensor gives away at around 60k KMs).

if you could find one in good condition, OHC AT is a very fun and easy to drive car in city.
Old 6th January 2012, 20:44   #4011

Thanks!

Took the test drive of the vehicle.

Transmission is fine. SUspension is good. Power windows and side view mirrors and all work fine. CD player and all works fine.

Below are the things to be done:

1. Drive shaft needs to be replaced.

2. AC Filters need cleaning. AC works and cools, but considering the age of the car I believe it needs to be cleaned.

Could not gauge the engine state as such. I would need a good mechanic that I can take this to and get the evaluation done.

Can you guys suggest some one in HSR Layout/Koramangala area?

How much would the above 2 repairs cost?

Thanks a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
1.75 Lac for OHC AT is a good deal in B'lore; however negotiate as much as you can and get it dropped by few more thousands. I had checked out a 2001 OHC AT in Mumbai during May/June and negotiated it down to 1.65 Lac, car did not have service history, leather seat covers were in bad condition, had done 82k KMs, and had a few scratches on body; suspension work was already done and the engine was in good condition.

for a OHC, please check the condition of suspension, steering rack for oil leakage (very common problem in OHC), condition of engine and gearbox mounts, condition of exhaust and muffler, and check engine light (most commonly O2 sensor gives away at around 60k KMs).

if you could find one in good condition, OHC AT is a very fun and easy to drive car in city.
Old 7th January 2012, 22:30   #4012

Friends!

Looking for some advice on the below. Any good mechanics I can show the vehicle to in SOuth Bangalore area?

Also today I found another car, a 2005 Corolla 1.8 H4 AT. Has 1 lakh kms on it. But it is very well maintained, single owner vehicle. Asking price was 5L. On further bargain it has come down to 4.55 L. No warranty.

Tires look good. The spare alloy will get a new tire.

Is this a good deal? Also during my test drive I found that if give it a little more pedal the engine does groan. Is this expected of a Petrol Corolla? Or something wrong?

What is the mileage I can expect?

Thanks.
Quote:
Thanks!

Took the test drive of the vehicle.

Transmission is fine. SUspension is good. Power windows and side view mirrors and all work fine. CD player and all works fine.

Below are the things to be done:

1. Drive shaft needs to be replaced.

2. AC Filters need cleaning. AC works and cools, but considering the age of the car I believe it needs to be cleaned.

Could not gauge the engine state as such. I would need a good mechanic that I can take this to and get the evaluation done.

Can you guys suggest some one in HSR Layout/Koramangala area?

How much would the above 2 repairs cost?

Thanks a ton.
Old 8th January 2012, 05:38   #4013
BHPian

Hi friends,
When I was casually looking at the current trend in used petrol car prices, I found that the prices are cheaper in Kolkata.I searched for used Cedias and the prices seem to be rock bottom, in the range of 2.9 to 3.1L for 2006,07 models. Even petrol fiesta 1.6 are available at under 2L. These prices seem to be very low to me when compared to chennai prices. here its almost impossible to find a decently used 2007 cedia for under 4L. Is there any specific reason for this price difference?. Also, the prices I mentioned above are quoted price which means it can be brought further down.
I'm from chennai. And looking for a used cedia (I always wanted to have this Mitsu in my garage.). But I'm waiting for my funds to spool up to get a decently maintained car. if Kolkata prices are to be beleived, My dream of owning a cedia will realise sooner.
Friends, so my questions are,
1. Is there any specific reason for the low prices?
2. What are the steps involved in buying a car from other state?

I'm attaching a link with a carwale search result for Cedia and Fiesta for your reference here.
Old 8th January 2012, 22:09   #4014
BHPian

Quote:
Friends!

Looking for some advice on the below. Any good mechanics I can show the vehicle to in SOuth Bangalore area?

Also today I found another car, a 2005 Corolla 1.8 H4 AT. Has 1 lakh kms on it. But it is very well maintained, single owner vehicle. Asking price was 5L. On further bargain it has come down to 4.55 L. No warranty.

Tires look good. The spare alloy will get a new tire.

Is this a good deal? Also during my test drive I found that if give it a little more pedal the engine does groan. Is this expected of a Petrol Corolla? Or something wrong?

What is the mileage I can expect?

Thanks.
if that corolla was in Mumbai, it would go for approx. 3.7-3.8 Lac. (max). 1 Lakh KM is a lot of run, so please ensure all the major services are done timely and there are no pending repairs on this car (suspension overhaul, etc.).
i have driven a petrol corolla (2004, MT) for few days and it was butter smooth till 4000 RPM and after that engine used to get noisy.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:20   #4015
BHPian

Ford Fiesta TDCi 2007, 23K KM, well maintained (claimed by owner, not seen the car), 1st owner, 3.25L, Kolkata.
Seems a fair deal - what's your opinion guys?
Old 9th January 2012, 00:54   #4016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post

AT will give you a FE of 7-8 only and will be heavy on pocket. Also, the resale after one year will be practically be under 1L and you will lose almost a lakh in value plus there are a lot of bug expenses which are there once you near that 90-100k mark like timing belt/suspensions/tyres/etc. I say too expensive proposition for 1 year when you add all these. Rather i suggest that you go for a hatch from maruti like a wagon R/ swift where the resale and FE will be far better and in fact go for a diesel if you can and keep the car as yr second ride even after y get the XUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Ford Fiesta TDCi 2007, 23K KM, well maintained (claimed by owner, not seen the car), 1st owner, 3.25L, Kolkata.
Very good deal provided mileage is genuine and no major repairs. Snap it up asap

Last edited by GTO : 12th January 2012 at 14:35. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 9th January 2012, 20:02   #4017

Finally freezed a 2005 Jan Corolla H4 G AT that has done 1,18000 kms. Seller is Toyota certified U-cars. Its in pretty good condition. No abnormality in the engine, AC, Transmission and suspension.

Tyres were changed 2 yrs ago and look good for another 20K Kms.

Since its more than 5 years old and hence no warranty from the Toyota guys. Asking price was 4L. Closed it at 3.6 Lakhs. They have promised to provide me with the service history details before the final purchase.

My daily driving is not more than 10km. SO hopefully it should serve me well.

Thanks for all the good advice Guys.
Old 9th January 2012, 20:48   #4018
BHPian

Quote:
Finally freezed a 2005 Jan Corolla H4 G AT that has done 1,18000 kms. Seller is Toyota certified U-cars......

My daily driving is not more than 10km. SO hopefully it should serve me well.

Thanks for all the good advice Guys.
Congrats. Enjoy yr car. And dont forget to post pics and ownership experience as it will be interesting to know how much does a 1.18L km car demand and will be a good learning for others.
Old 9th January 2012, 21:42   #4019
Senior - BHPian

Guys a friend of mine is planning to sell his 06 July Honda Civic.

Colour: Alabaster Grey
Kms:35,000
1.8S M/T
Full Service History Available
Accident Free Car

How much can he get in Calcutta?
Old 9th January 2012, 21:51   #4020
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Sounds too good to be true. My neighbour sold his Dec 2005 Fiesta tdci last month for Rs 3.7 L, and it had 61 k on the odo.

Grab it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks