Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:00   #3976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher
Anyone noticed that carwale.com's used car valuation is bit erratic? I was using it pretty regularly to come up with estimates, and now suddenly it is showing increased resale value for almost every car!!
Carwale gets money from car dealers registering; maybe some lobbying too.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:01   #3977
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

@ Ani, where was this car? I agree with you, carwale has jacked up the prices of cars.
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:06   #3978
Senior - BHPian

@amtak: IIRC, it was in Kharghar or Panvel. I didn't follow the deal too much because 1.1 are quite slow as per reviews. The car was looking good as per pics. I think it is sold now, because I don't see the ad now. Any reason you are keen on Palio?
Old 2nd January 2012, 12:37   #3979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Any reason you are keen on Palio?
Infact 2 reasons:
  1. They go real cheap (affordable is the right word)
  2. One of my favourite cars for a real long time. I want to buy it as a wedding anniversary gift for myself and wife (though she doesnt want it)
amtak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:08   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Guys, I will put up a thread with my MFC experience soon, just waiting for some resolution on the blocking amount paid, which i unexpectedly find blocked...

Meantime, Just so that this pops up for someone searching(some rudimentary SEO).
Honda city zx vtec registration number DL 7CF 5892, model year 2008, month april.
If you are looking at this vehicle, walk away if the odometer says anything under 57000 kms.
It has been clocked back to 37000 kms.

Shall update soon.
I feel for you buddy and feel like doing to the folks responsible for this drama.

Odo clocking is the oldest and most resorted to trick in the book for used car dealers. Its appeal lies in the fact that it is cheap (costs the dealer less than 500 bucks), is very hard to detect and has a significant impact on resale value. I hope you are able to get your money back.

Last edited by Cesc : 2nd January 2012 at 17:11.
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:39   #3981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am looking for a Palio Stile (1.1 or 1.6). However, my budget is at the max 1.5 lacs; do you guys feel its possible?
Amtak, I had spent a good amount of time both online and offline searching for a very well maintained Fiat Palio 1.3 SDX and Fiat Palio S10 for our use. For the record, I had NOT come across a single Fiat Palio Stile up for sale priced under Rs 2,00,000!! Mind you, very well maintained Fiat Palio 1.6 are very very hard to find.

Plus, Fiat Palio Stile will be a bit more expensive to maintain than retro Fiat Palio as the spare parts are imported from Brazil AFAIK.

If by any chance you're interested in retro Fiat Palio 1.6 drop me a PM. I shall give you the contact details of multiple owners who're ready to part with their cars.

All the best. May you find a very well maintained Fiat Palio.

EDIT: If you're a true petrolhead who does not care for the increasing petrol prices, Fiat Palio 1.6 is the one to go for.

Last edited by Klub Class : 2nd January 2012 at 17:48.
Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:04   #3982
BHPian

I have come across a TN Regd - Palio 1.3 SDX (Multijet) - Second Owner - 27500 Kms in good shape. The current owner is quoting Rs. 3.3 lacs. Is it a fair
price?

What should be the fair market price?

What are the things I need to check before closing the deal?

Looking forward to your replies and guidance.

Kindest regards,

Tanveer
Old 2nd January 2012, 22:41   #3983
BHPian

I am keen on buying a Optra Magnum LT in the used car market. Yesterday I test drove a Hyderabad registered 2007 August Cashmere color Magnum TDCI which has clocked 79K and externally in a good condition. After the test drive I found the following issues, suspension noise from the left side of the car, steering response is vague. The dealer is quoting 5.7 Lakhs. I would like to know your feedback on a good price for this car. Carwale valuation is enclosed below.

Dealer Value
Car Condition Excellent Good Fair
Car Value (Rs.) 4,82,500 4,49,400 3,72,500
Old 2nd January 2012, 23:00   #3984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
@amtak: I was offered a 11k km run 2009 Palio Stile 1.1 SLX for about 1.8L. So in 1.5 with some stretchability, you should be able to get one.

Anyone noticed that carwale.com's used car valuation is bit erratic? I was using it pretty regularly to come up with estimates, and now suddenly it is showing increased resale value for almost every car! More specifically, a June 10 Chevrolet Beat LT OPT petrol 10000 km run was showing resale value of about 3.6L last month. Now it is showing about 3.95! I thought year progressions reduced car resale, not increase it!
I have been following carwale.com for quiet some time and i find that they are reasonably reliable and i don't see any drastic wrong quotes. Also i have been checking my cars value last year and this year as well and i do not notice any increment in the value and indeed there is a decrement in value.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:25   #3985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkglow View Post
I have come across a TN Regd - Palio 1.3 SDX (Multijet) - Second Owner - 27500 Kms in good shape. The current owner is quoting Rs. 3.3 lacs. Is it a fair price?

What are the things I need to check before closing the deal?
IMO, price seems OK. But which month/year of regn? What accessories are available?

1. But since it's second owner, you have to double-check the service history. If it's not available stay away. 27500 kms seems a bit low.

Major checks specific to Palio MJD:
2. Clutch rod should have been replaced. Check if all the gears engage smoothly.
3. Check for under-body damages.
ch.nathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:15   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
IMO, price seems OK. But which month/year of regn? What accessories are available?

1. But since it's second owner, you have to double-check the service history. If it's not available stay away. 27500 kms seems a bit low.

Major checks specific to Palio MJD:
2. Clutch rod should have been replaced. Check if all the gears engage smoothly.
3. Check for under-body damages.
It is a June 2008 model. the second owner purchased and registered it about 3 weeks ago from a used car dealer. The second owner is already endorsed on the RC. he is now selling it coz he needs money urgently to make an investment in some land. There are no service records available but the vehicle seems to be in a good condition - drives and handles well - the clutch seems to be OK too - potters around well in 3rd gear at low speeds.

The current owner is stuck on 3.2 lakhs as the final price. If 3.20 lakhs were to be a fair price for the palio SDX, how much should one strike off the price for the second owner regn?

Regards,

Tanveer
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:37   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
It is a June 2008 model. the second owner purchased and registered it about 3 weeks ago from a used car dealer. The second owner is already endorsed on the RC. he is now selling it coz he needs money urgently to make an investment in some land. There are no service records available but the vehicle seems to be in a good condition - drives and handles well - the clutch seems to be OK too - potters around well in 3rd gear at low speeds.

The current owner is stuck on 3.2 lakhs as the final price. If 3.20 lakhs were to be a fair price for the palio SDX, how much should one strike off the price for the second owner regn?

Regards,

Tanveer
The points in bold seem to raise red flags in my mind. I'd advise you to stay away from this vehicle, unless you're absolutely sure of the history of the vehicle or the credibility of the seller.
Neilguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 10:37   #3988
BHPian

Quote:
It is a June 2008 model.
^^ 3.2L is fine, if it comes with a music system.

If you are sure about the mileage, you can go ahead.
For me, the only glitch is that 27500 kms seems too low for a 3.5 year old Palio MJD. Does the tyre condition match the mileage? Or you can also take it to a TASS for a complete checkup.

Last edited by ch.nathan : 3rd January 2012 at 10:41.
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:25   #3989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
The points in bold seem to raise red flags in my mind. I'd advise you to stay away from this vehicle, unless you're absolutely sure of the history of the vehicle or the credibility of the seller.
+1 to this.

Quote:

Regards,

Tanveer
Agree completely with @neilguy. Look at the reason he's quoting - he buys a car and then takes a land investment decision in less than 3 weeks? That's a farce.

Still, if you really liked the car, get it to a Fiat/Tata service center and get it checked in detail.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2012, 11:48   #3990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
+1 to this.

Agree completely with @neilguy. Look at the reason he's quoting - he buys a car and then takes a land investment decision in less than 3 weeks? That's a farce.

Still, if you really liked the car, get it to a Fiat/Tata service center and get it checked in detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Thank you all for your inputs and advise. I have decided to stay away from this vehicle.

Cheers!

Tanveer
sparkglow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed