Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2014, 13:02   #9946
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
An SX4 is not such a sort after model but since you have such a low mileage on it I'd expect somewhere between 3.85 to 4.50L to be the best price for it. Is the car registered in Goa by any chance?
Hi Richie,

I actually have two SX4's. One Bombay and one Goa registered. I want to sell any one of them in readiness for the S Cross next year. If you are interested please PM me. The Goa car is fully loaded with full body kit, reverse camera ad sensors, V Kool film etc. etc. Run ONLY 8500 genuine Kms. In brand new condition.

Regards,
SS
Old 18th November 2014, 13:43   #9947
BHPian

hi,

What would be the top/bottom price one can pay for a
1) 2010 Punto Emotion MJD white
2) 2nd Owner (the new buyer will be the thrid owner)
3) about 45k km done
4) well serviced

Asking price is 4.5L... is this ok ?

any disadvantages of being the third owner ? please suggest.

thanks!
Old 18th November 2014, 15:03   #9948
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
hi,

3) about 45k km done
4) well serviced

thanks!

People won't pay that price for a swift. If the price is around 2.5-275 lakhs then only is it worth looking at. If you intend to keep it for a long time then only think of being the 3rd owner otherwise you can get a newer Punto for the same price in the used market.

Asit

Last edited by asit.kulkarni93 : 18th November 2014 at 15:04.
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 16:41   #9949
BHPian

Thanks Asit for your reply..

The Car is good - well maintained and has run about 48k.. and it is from a known person

I have told 3.25, with absolute tops of 3.5..

I intend to hold it for 3-4 years

Is there anything I should be cautious about ?
will there be any market for a 3rd owned car, if I decide to sell it after 3-4 years ?
Old 18th November 2014, 17:20   #9950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi,

3) about 45k km done
4) well serviced

thanks!
Just to give you a fair idea.

I sold my Nov 2010 Emotion PK Punto Tuscan Wine. Done ~42k kms for 3.5L. 4.5L is a high price. Mine was a very well kept car and had new sets of Yoko 's on it.

I sold the car in June 2014.
h@r$h@l is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 18:26   #9951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Just to give you a fair idea.

I sold my Nov 2010 Emotion PK Punto Tuscan Wine. Done ~42k kms for 3.5L.
Thanks h@r$h@l for the info! (Wow... typing your name is not easy)

couple of question, since you have owned a punto..

1)what is the avg maintenance costs per 10k km ? my usage is approx. 14k km per year and I intend to keep it at least for 3-4 years...

2)will a punto age well ? i mean, if i decide to keep it till say 1.2L km, what should i be prepared for ? I'm currently having an Alto which has run about 1.1L km and is doing pretty ok..

also, this is currently 2nd owner (which means, if i pick it up i will be the 3rd owner)... what in your mind is the fair price ? I know the person selling very well, so would rather drop the deal than spoil the relation if it means quoting a too low price..
Old 18th November 2014, 18:33   #9952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks h@r$h@l for the info! (Wow... typing your name is not easy)
You could just say "Harshal" .. ?

Quote:
I know the person selling very well, so would rather drop the deal than spoil the relation if it means quoting a too low price..
In such a case, would suggest to not reveal your interest, but you can say someone you know is interested. If the price is suitable, then push that imaginary friend out and step in.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 19:25   #9953
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
also, this is currently 2nd owner (which means, if i pick it up i will be the 3rd owner)... what in your mind is the fair price ? I know the person selling very well, so would rather drop the deal than spoil the relation if it means quoting a too low price..
Ask the seller for the best price offer he has outside. If you can beat that, be the "White Knight". Else, just let go of the deal.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 04:43   #9954
Senior - BHPian

couple of question, since you have owned a punto..

REPLIES IN BOLD

1)what is the avg maintenance costs per 10k km ? my usage is approx. 14k km per year and I intend to keep it at least for 3-4 years...

I don't have the figures on top of my head but from what i remember they were in range of 4-6k. I could be off the mark here, but other Punto owners can confirm the same.

2)will a punto age well ? i mean, if i decide to keep it till say 1.2L km, what should i be prepared for ? I'm currently having an Alto which has run about 1.1L km and is doing pretty ok..

There is a thread in the long ownership section, the owner sold his Punto at 1.90L kms. Go through the thread and you will have all the info. Its a very well updated thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...0-000-kms.html

3)also, this is currently 2nd owner (which means, if i pick it up i will be the 3rd owner)... what in your mind is the fair price ? I know the person selling very well, so would rather drop the deal than spoil the relation if it means quoting a too low price..

If you are going to be 3rd Owner and the car is in SUPERB condition and you can afford to loose a couple of K's keeping in mind you have to maintain the relation as well, 3.65L is the tops I would pay. I got 3.5L for mine and besides minor scratches the car was in fantastic condition and very well looked after.
Old 19th November 2014, 14:26   #9955
BHPian

Guys,
I am getting a 2013 Volvo XC60 D5 Summum for 34Lakhs. Car is in good condition, well maintained, full service history. In Aug 2013 Engine was hydrostatically locked due to water ingress into the engine(no water ingressed into the interiors). The whole engine has been replaced since and same has been confirmed by Volvo. Other than that issue car is rather good. Any other pitfalls i need to watch out for as a result of water ingress incident. Appreciate any inputs.
Old 19th November 2014, 16:18   #9956
BHPian

I would much rather stay away from that XC60. A new engine sounds great but everything would have been taken apart to reinstall that engine. A friend's C220 got a new engine for exactly the same reason - a hydro lock. It had run 70k kms before getting the new engine. After the new engine was installed the car was never the same again. Components kept failing one after the other and he sold the car off at 75k kms after having spent upwards of 2 lakhs to get the car back in proper shape post the engine change. 34 lakhs is a good enough amount of money to be spending elsewhere. You should anyway get a clean 2013 XC60 for that price.
Cesc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2014, 16:26   #9957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post

If you are going to be 3rd Owner and the car is in SUPERB condition and you can afford to loose a couple of K's keeping in mind you have to maintain the relation as well, 3.65L is the tops I would pay. I got 3.5L for mine and besides minor scratches the car was in fantastic condition and very well looked after.
Thanks Harshal - for the comments as well as the link. Will keep you updated on the decision - it might take a month or so.
Old 19th November 2014, 16:32   #9958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Harshal - for the comments as well as the link. Will keep you updated on the decision - it might take a month or so.
Haria,

Just for your info, this is my ex car. A friend found it listed on carwale by the dealer who bought it from me.

This will give you some idea.

http://www.carwale.com/used/cars-in-...-2011-d669383/

Regards,
Old 19th November 2014, 22:56   #9959
Senior - BHPian

Looking to get a hatchback for my wife's short commutes and wanted to get a Used 2010 or 2011 Chevy Beat. Found a car with 23k on the ODO. Asking price is around 2.8 lakhs for the LT variant. Is this a good deal?

Alternatively I also found a skoda Fabia 2010 petrol for about 3 lakhs. It's done 38k. The reason I'm drawn towards is that it's a top end variant with Airbags and ABS which will become mandatory from next year and hence could be a factor when I sell the car again. Any thoughts please?
Old 20th November 2014, 17:13   #9960
BHPian

After going through some 30 odd cars before finally getting a Corolla 1.8E(04) , here are some used car prices in Ahmedabad

1) Corollas are mostly in the 1.8 - 2.6l price bracket. Good thing was most of them were kept quite alright and none was a rotten egg you'd run away from.

Corolla Altis I saw a few of them going for 5-6 lakhs. Not many to be found.

2) OHCs selling from 60k to 1.2l depending on condition and future expenses. Most were fitted with CNG kits which smelled bad in the interiors.

Dolphin models were between 1.5- 2.0l
Newer I Vtecs were going for 3.5- 4.5l

3) Suzuki Baleno was the only car from maruti stable that has a low resale value compared to the others (even sx4) and most of them were fitted with CNG kits and asking price from 86k-1.4l

These were the cars I'd shortlisted for my used buy and ended up with a corolla that was maintained at the Toyota Dealership properly with service history which I got for 2.2l (with leather seats, airbags and auto air con)

Last edited by Xeno : 20th November 2014 at 17:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks