Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:05   #5416
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

How much should a base model 2008 corolla fetch? Its done 34k km and is in very good condition. I am thinking of getting myself an XUV 5oo ,if I get a good price for my corolla. Else I will contribute to the "keep or upgrade your 5 yr old car " thread
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:17   #5417
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, how much do you think a 2006 Ford Fiesta Diesel, ZXi variant, white colour, done 1,20,000 Kms fetch? The car has the stock music system, 14 inch alloys and a Ford OEM rear spoiler (not the one on the S variant though) The car is fairly well maintained.
But the issue here is - the engine has now developed a serious problem and the engine needs replacement with a new service engine. The estimate given for that is 1.2 lakhs. The dealer has offered to buy the car for 2 Lakhs, and I have asked my friend to try and push for 2.3-2.4 Lakhs.
Please give me your opinions.
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:24   #5418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Hey guys, how much do you think a 2006 Ford Fiesta Diesel, ZXi variant, white colour, done 1,20,000 Kms fetch? The car has the stock music system, 14 inch alloys and a Ford OEM rear spoiler (not the one on the S variant though) The car is fairly well maintained.
But the issue here is - the engine has now developed a serious problem and the engine needs replacement with a new service engine. The estimate given for that is 1.2 lakhs. The dealer has offered to buy the car for 2 Lakhs, and I have asked my friend to try and push for 2.3-2.4 Lakhs.
I suggest you take the car to another garage for his suggestion. No dealer will offer 2L for a petrol fiesta if the engine has gone kaput. The dealer might be bluffing in order to make quick money.

But if the engine genuinely needs a replacement, then don’t have second thoughts – give the car away for 2L as it saves you a lot of trouble.
Old 22nd August 2012, 17:32   #5419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX

I suggest you take the car to another garage for his suggestion. No dealer will offer 2L for a petrol fiesta if the engine has gone kaput. The dealer might be bluffing in order to make quick money.

But if the engine genuinely needs a replacement, then don’t have second thoughts – give the car away for 2L as it saves you a lot of trouble.
its a diesel.

to the OP
that vintage is trading for about 2.2 to 2.8.
the dealer as in the ford dealer? well, i am sure he has contacts which you and i don't have to change the engine cheap. best bet would be to let him have it.
you'll practically be selling it for 3.2l,since you won't be able to get it fixed outside Ford.

if it is the Ford dealer you're talking about.
if an independent,then walk away.

Last edited by mayankk : 22nd August 2012 at 17:33.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:53   #5420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
...No dealer will offer 2L for a petrol fiesta...
Its a diesel Fiesta, and thanks for your suggestion, like you said, saves quite a lot of trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
....the dealer as in the ford dealer? well, i am sure he has contacts which you and i don't have to change the engine cheap. best bet would be to let him have it....
The dealer is a Ford dealer only and yes the engine damage has been checked and is very genuine and serious. Like you said, spending 1.3L and selling the car for over 3.3L seems a tough job. So I would pass on your suggestion of letting the dealer have the car to my friend. Thanks Mayankk.
Old 25th August 2012, 21:10   #5421
BHPian

Hi Guys,

How much can i expect for my 2005 Esteem Vxi run 1.2 lakh KMs. Everything is in good condition and all service records available.

I am planning to go for Scorpio LX 4wd. Dealers in Bangalore quoted 80k (Sireesh) and 1.2k (India Garage).

Should i go in for the exchange (getting 10k bonus in India Garage) or sell it in the market?
Old 25th August 2012, 21:25   #5422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
....planning to go for Scorpio LX 4wd. Dealers in Bangalore quoted 80k (Sireesh) and 1.2k (India Garage).

Should i go in for the exchange (getting 10k bonus in India Garage) or sell it in the market?
That's too low a price

Jokes apart! Guess you should go with India Garage. Reason being, they offer better price plus the ease of paper work. You don't have to liaison with different people.

If you haven't booked the car, there could be some scope for further negotiation of about 5K.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 25th August 2012 at 21:41.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 21:31   #5423
BHPian

My 2008 Swift Vdi has done 100700 km. Wifey wants to change it for something new. How much can i expect for a well maintained, regularly serviced Sunlight Copper Swift Vdi?
Old 25th August 2012, 21:36   #5424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
That's too low a price

Jokes apart! Guess you should go with India Garage. Reason being, they offer better price plus ease of paper work. You don't have to liaison with different people.

If you haven't booked the car, there could be some scope for further negotiation of about 5K.
Thanks, I am thinking 1.2k is also low. I was expecting minimum 1.5k and upto 2.0k. I had got few enquiries from friends who had opportunity to ride in my car. I am planning to post it in market and see what best offer i get.

I have still not booked the scorpio, will be checking with SKS Automobile tomorrow and doing a price match amongst each of them. After this will choose the best offer amongst the three.
Old 25th August 2012, 21:40   #5425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyFreak View Post
Thanks, I am thinking 1.2k is also low. I was expecting minimum 1.5k and upto 2.0k. I had got few enquiries from friends who had opportunity to ride in my car. I am planning to post it in market and see what best offer i get.

I have still not booked the scorpio, will be checking with SKS Automobile tomorrow and doing a price match amongst each of them. After this will choose the best offer amongst the three.
Hmm, that's a good option too!

BTW.. I think the prices should read as "L" and not "K"
Old 25th August 2012, 21:45   #5426
BHPian

Hi Friends,

Need you valuable suggestion,

Came across a Swift Ldi, 2008 model (July make), about 74,000 KM's on ODO from Maruti True value. Price quoted is 4.5 Lakh. When I checked the service history from another Maruti Service Center, came to know that the vehicle is last serviced in Sep, 2009 with ODO reading of 33,000 KM's.

Will it be ok, if I go with this purchase ? Since it is from True value, warranty on engine and related parts will be there for 1 year & also I get 3 free services. But I still wonder where the vehicle had been serviced for all these 3 years from 2009 - 2012. Also, the last 3 years it covered 41,000 KM's while 1st year alone it had covered 33,000 KM's, any chances for ODO tampering ?

- Srinivas.R
Old 25th August 2012, 21:53   #5427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriswe View Post
Came across a Swift Ldi, 2008 model (July make), about 74,000 KM's on ODO from Maruti True value. Price quoted is 4.5 Lakh. When I checked the service history from another Maruti Service Center, came to know that the vehicle is last serviced in Sep, 2009 with ODO reading of 33,000 KM's.
Hello Sriswe,

Rs. 4.5 lacs for 2008 Swift Ldi, with 74000 on odo seems to be on higher side. I understand used Maruti Diesel vehicles are in great demand but this car has done 75000 in 4 years which shows that Car has been rigorously used.

Also your doubt is true. ODO meter tampering in Used Car Market is very common. Also the Maruti True Value offers warranty on few parts like Engine, Gear Box, etc which they know will not go kaput in next 12 months.

Thanks,
Old 25th August 2012, 22:30   #5428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...The car is fairly well maintained.
Quote:
....The dealer is a Ford dealer only and yes the engine damage has been checked and is very genuine and serious. Like you said, spending 1.3L and selling the car for over 3.3L seems a tough job....
Is the engine problem the only reason to sell the car off [or the age also a factor]? I might sound stupid but want to put forward this thought! Why not get the engine work done from a competent garage for a lesser rate and still use this car for another 5 years, 1L kms? Once repaired, the car will have a brand new engine, which can run long right? Guessing the car is with the first owner itself & you have said it's a fairly well maintained piece, I guess a 3.3L after the engine change is on the lower side, and would expect at least a 4-4.5L!
Old 25th August 2012, 22:50   #5429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Is the engine problem the only reason to sell the car off [or the age also a factor]? Guessing the car is with the first owner itself & you have said it's a fairly well maintained piece, I guess a 3.3L after the engine change is on the lower side, and would expect at least a 4-4.5L!
Age is a factor, but my friend was thinking of replacing a car after year or so, not immediately. Since Engine is a very complex subject and requires very tight tolerances and extreme precision, he isn't willing to get the job anywhere outside a Ford dealer.
Do you think a 2006 (pre-facelift) Fiesta Zxi TDCi with 1.2L Kms on the odo, despite the engine being re-built would fetch 4-4.5L? and yes my friend is the first owner of the car.
Old 26th August 2012, 00:20   #5430
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
...Do you think a 2006 (pre-facelift) Fiesta Zxi TDCi with 1.2L Kms on the odo, despite the engine being re-built would fetch 4-4.5L? and yes my friend is the first owner of the car.
I stated so because once the engine is rebuilt, it's a 0 km run one! Usually people put more cash on an engine which has run lesser. Going by that logic, 4L sounds fine to me, if other mechanicals + interiors are in good shape.

Edit::

If it were me, I would re-built the engine & keep the car, delay the purchase of my new ride for a year or so, get the savings and buy another car along with this. Also keeping this car would probably give me the leeway for purchasing a petrol option for short runs there by saving the premium on a diesel car upfront! But yes, I know there could be constraints for your friend in retaining this car & buying an additional one! We all relate the "age" factor to the engine more, so once the engine is re-built, that should not be a problem.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th August 2012 at 00:28. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks