Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2012, 06:16   #5941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satheesh1909 View Post
Hey Guys,

Am planning to sell my 2009 Dec i10 1.2 Sportz Kappa, (42K Kms, Alloys, new Yokohama tires).

Auto-terrace values my car at 2.8Lac, is that a right price?

Also, am planning to buy a 2008 Dec City S-MT (61K kms, Stanley leather seats, Alloys) from them, they are asking for 5Lac.

Is this a good deal?

Please advice.
I think the i10 is a bit undervalued. Would believe 3-3.3 is a better price. Also the City seems to be over valued as well. Similar vintage Civis are going for about 50k more. So bargain hard.
Old 31st October 2012, 07:56   #5942
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Am planning to sell my 2009 Dec i10 1.2 Sportz Kappa, (42K Kms, Alloys, new Yokohama tires).

Auto-terrace values my car at 2.8Lac, is that a right price?

Also, am planning to buy a 2008 Dec City S-MT (61K kms, Stanley leather seats, Alloys) from them, they are asking for 5Lac.

Is this a good deal?

Please advice.
In Chennai I believe 4L would be a good price for the City with 61k on the odo. I do no know if having Stanley leather would add additional premium to the car.
Old 31st October 2012, 08:59   #5943
BHPian

Quote:

Is this a good deal?

Please advice.
hi,
5 lacs for a 2008 city done 61k kms is way too high. I have also been looking out for a used city and have seen many 2009 cars that have done around 20000 kms which will cost around 5 lacs. they may not have leather seats and alloy wheels but its still a better option as the mileage done is lower. try to find a direct seller as that way you will get a better price.
Old 31st October 2012, 09:17   #5944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...Auto-terrace values my car at 2.8Lac, is that a right price?
Had to haggle a lot to sell my car of exactly the same vintage in April this year.

The stock i10 1.2 sportz (8000KMs on the ODO) did fetch 3.5L after the struggle.

Considering the increased usage on your vehicle, you can expect something between 3.00L to 3.20L at best.
Old 31st October 2012, 23:21   #5945
BHPian

Wifey has suddenly taken driving car seriously but doesn't want to drive Sx4. Also I don't want her to start driving independently a big car like SX4. Rather thinking of real small car for her.
By real I mean real small. Having seen used car price trends for petrol cars in recent times and likely km my wife would put in, I am thinking of used car.

Have been thinking of following

1. Nano Preowned- Saw one 2012 model listed on Carwale for close to 1.9L. I don't know current trend. Also wifey says if Nano, why used and not new? Nano was just ok. Car certainly has nice pick up but steering is too hard at slow speeds. I think if I get exceptional value, we can live with it.

2. Eon- Haven't td'ed. Don't know if many available in used car market. Has anyone seen any Eons up for sale and their current market price.

3.A Star- Have TDed and is a nice package. Used car prices quoted on carwale are slightly beyond my budget but i guess market prices would be lower than this.

4.SparkHad TDed when I bought my first one. Was nice. I heard has horrible resale hence think can cash good deal here.

I know pros and cons of above cars except Eon. I am looking at 1-2 yrs old but guess 3yrs vintage cars would be great value. Odo around 10-15k.

If any one has idea of prices for such used cars or knows someone willing to sell his car in good condition pls let me know. Would buy around 20-25 Nov. Even A* AT would be welcome.

Rgds.
Old 1st November 2012, 10:04   #5946
BHPian

I am getting a used 2007 manufactured(registered a year later in 2008) Passat Comfortline 2.0 PD DSG for 12 lacs from a VW dealer in Mumbai. The vehicle was registered earlier with VW India and was in use at their Chakan Premises in Pune. The insurance for the vehicle has expired and the vehicle has clocked 58000 kms.

What should be the price at which i should close this deal considering that the i feel that the asking price is higher and the dealer is not offering any warranty on the vehicle. Also if any bhpian's can confirm the expected life of a DSG transmission as this car is DSG equipped(currently there are no siiues with the DSG as ascertained by me during my test drive).

Finally would need guidance on the service costs associated with a PASSAT.

Thnx.
Old 1st November 2012, 11:18   #5947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_GetzCRDI09
I am getting a used 2007 manufactured(registered a year later in 2008) Passat Comfortline 2.0 PD DSG for 12 lacs from a VW dealer in Mumbai. The vehicle was registered earlier with VW India and was in use at their Chakan Premises in Pune. The insurance for the vehicle has expired and the vehicle has clocked 58000 kms....
Sorry but do you REALLY want to buy a 60K run VW with NO warranty? I would suggest against it however sweet the deal is. It could be a night mare to own if something goes wrong.

And why was it registered a year later? Do they give the complete service history of the car as well?
Old 1st November 2012, 13:03   #5948
BHPian

Guys what should I expect to pay for Toyota corolla in Chandigarh /new delhi.?

2006,2007,2008 models.
Around 50k done.

!?
Thanks in advance!
Old 1st November 2012, 14:21   #5949
BHPian

Volkswagen Jetta 2007-2011 1.9 TDI Comfortline DSG 38K run asking price is 11.4 Lakh by a dealer. Isn't it a bit high? The carwale valuation itself is not more than 8 Lakh. Is DSGs of 2007 having troubles?
Old 1st November 2012, 16:08   #5950
Senior - BHPian

I have a Indica V2 DLG TC Nov 2006 registered in Bangalore and with around 62k on the odo. Tires were changed at 45k and it has a new battery, new brake booster, new brake pads and is in decent condition. Hss normal scratches and small dents on the body which is pretty much common in B2B traffic in Bangalore. How much can I realistically expect if I plan to sell it now?

Another question I had was, if i exchange the car with TATA, I would get loyality bonus along with exchange bonus, however I dont want to go with another Tata and looking at Hyundai, do i stand to lose much if I trade in the car with Hyundai? What else can I ask them in return? I would be looking for a diesel car, mostly I20, but yet to make up my mind on the same.
Old 1st November 2012, 16:21   #5951
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amit_GetzCRDI09 View Post
I am getting a used 2007 manufactured(registered a year later in 2008) Passat Comfortline 2.0 PD DSG for 12 lacs from a VW dealer in Mumbai. The vehicle was registered earlier with VW India and was in use at their Chakan Premises in Pune. The insurance for the vehicle has expired and the vehicle has clocked 58000 kms.

What should be the price at which i should close this deal considering that the i feel that the asking price is higher and the dealer is not offering any warranty on the vehicle. Also if any bhpian's can confirm the expected life of a DSG transmission as this car is DSG equipped(currently there are no siiues with the DSG as ascertained by me during my test drive).

Finally would need guidance on the service costs associated with a PASSAT.

Thnx.
for some idea on pricing here are some details on passat traded by a relative in Chennai market - >
model 2008, white, clocked 43k, fancy no, encountered problem with DSG and was managed in warranty, xchanged with merc dealer for 9Lac
Old 1st November 2012, 20:31   #5952
BHPian

Hi

What can expect for a Hyundai I10 sportz model color red mumbai registration. The car has travelled 22000 km and is manufactured in December 2008.
Old 1st November 2012, 21:22   #5953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor
Wifey has suddenly taken driving car seriously but doesn't want to drive Sx4. Also I don't want her to start driving independently a big car like SX4. Rather thinking of real small car for her.
By real I mean real small. Having seen used car price trends for petrol cars in recent times and likely km my wife would put in, I am thinking of used car.

Have been thinking of following

1. Nano Preowned- Saw one 2012 model listed on Carwale for close to 1.9L. I don't know current trend. Also wifey says if Nano, why used and not new? Nano was just ok. Car certainly has nice pick up but steering is too hard at slow speeds. I think if I get exceptional value, we can live with it.

2. Eon- Haven't td'ed. Don't know if many available in used car market. Has anyone seen any Eons up for sale and their current market price.

3.A Star- Have TDed and is a nice package. Used car prices quoted on carwale are slightly beyond my budget but i guess market prices would be lower than this.

4.SparkHad TDed when I bought my first one. Was nice. I heard has horrible resale hence think can cash good deal here.

I know pros and cons of above cars except Eon. I am looking at 1-2 yrs old but guess 3yrs vintage cars would be great value. Odo around 10-15k.

If any one has idea of prices for such used cars or knows someone willing to sell his car in good condition pls let me know. Would buy around 20-25 Nov. Even A* AT would be welcome.

Rgds.
Whats your budget dude?
You could get 2008 i10 1.1 for abt 2.5 lac. Highly reliable,nice peppy engine and an awesome gearbox.
much much better than spark or A star

You could even get a 2008 getz or u-va for 2 lac or even less but they are a size larger
Old 2nd November 2012, 02:49   #5954
BHPian

Quote:
Whats your budget dude?
You could get 2008 i10 1.1 for abt 2.5 lac. Highly reliable,nice peppy engine and an awesome gearbox.
much much better than spark or A star

You could even get a 2008 getz or u-va for 2 lac or even less but they are a size larger
Looking at New Nano Lx OTR as budget.

i10 is really cute. I hope I find one.
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:36   #5955
BHPian

So the i20 Asta 1.4 deal did not happen. Apparently, some one else bought the car while I was thinking the price would come down. Anyway, I am getting a Honda Jazz Active 2010 model run for about 15K for 5.25L. I am obviously gonna bargain to get the price down. What would be a good price for this car? Also, would the running costs for a Honda be higher than a Hyundai? I mean maintenance wise and fuel costs.
Just read skanchans ordeal with his Hyundai i20 and I am having second thoughts in buying a Hyundai.
Sorry for the long post but please do reply. Thanks.

Most Viewed