Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 23:41   #6376
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post

However, that is still better than being left with a discontinued PETROL model (Esteem, Baleno etc).
!
I beg to differ here, but I have been driving a '95 Esteem for a long, real long time now and I haven't faced any difficulties at all; be it maintaining the vehicle at an authorised workshop or scoring parts(actually it's not even scoring when one is buying it off the counter ) whenever needed.

The only trouble with Esteems has always been rustwork, body rattle and poor brakes. The first 2, well any ageing car faces those. And of course, I have some good things to say about my vehicle too! The engine is a gem. I'd call it a MILF if I were to personify it
Very responsive, good F.E., hasn't troubled me much over the lakh kilometers that it's done with me and Maruti authorised workshops are always ready to take her in for servicing/major part replacement or anything of that sort and yet, always give a call back asking if I'm satisfied with their service.

The only downside to owning a very old car is that I get pulled over by the Mumbai Traffic Police at least once a week on an average. They probably think that I might not have my papers updated or something and only ending wasting both our time! Otherwise, as long as your vehicle has a Suzuki heart running inside, I don't think it's a matter of great concern!

Cheers!
Old 2nd January 2013, 08:00   #6377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARCUS_520i View Post

I beg to differ here, but I have been driving a '95 Esteem for a long, real long time now and I haven't faced any difficulties at all; be it maintaining the vehicle at an authorised workshop or scoring parts(actually it's not even scoring when one is buying it off the counter ) whenever needed.

The only trouble with Esteems has always been rustwork, body rattle and poor brakes. The first 2, well any ageing car faces those. And of course, I have some good things to say about my vehicle too! The engine is a gem. I'd call it a MILF if I were to personify it
Very responsive, good F.E., hasn't troubled me much over the lakh kilometers that it's done with me and Maruti authorised workshops are always ready to take her in for servicing/major part replacement or anything of that sort and yet, always give a call back asking if I'm satisfied with their service.

The only downside to owning a very old car is that I get pulled over by the Mumbai Traffic Police at least once a week on an average. They probably think that I might not have my papers updated or something and only ending wasting both our time! Otherwise, as long as your vehicle has a Suzuki heart running inside, I don't think it's a matter of great concern!

Cheers!
Hello Marcus,

I myself own a 05 Esteem and maintaining is not at all difficult. All spares are easily available. I just wanted to convey, that people usually stay away from discontinued models. As, I am in the process of selling it off, all that people are willing to offer is a very low price as its a "discontinued model".

On any other front, I have no problems at all. The Engine is a stonker, man! So, darn peppy.

Unfortunately, the same can't be said about the Baleno as, it didn't really sell like hot cakes as the Esteem did and spares for the Baleno are a widespread problem

Peace \/

Last edited by MetalBuff : 2nd January 2013 at 08:08.
Old 2nd January 2013, 08:03   #6378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron
What is the going rate for a 2010 Jan model fiat linea petrol emotion plus ? The car has done around 25000 kms and is in pristine condition.
I suppose you are in chandigarh.
Going by the current trend not more than 4L
How much is the seller quoting?
Old 2nd January 2013, 08:25   #6379
Senior - BHPian

@ Akshay - I am the seller. Its my mothers car.
Old 2nd January 2013, 15:43   #6380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
Just sold my well maintained KA-registered 2006 Zen Estilo Lxi, which had ~30k on the odo. I had quoted 2.15L, but finally came down to 2L to close the deal.
Hello qaqa,

Rs. 2 lacs for a 2006 Zen Estilo Lxi is a very good price.

The resale value of old model Zen Estilo is really gone down & most used car dealers are offering very low price for this Car. The quote of Rs. 1.5 lacs by True Value was good as they will do some work on this Car & then sell it to another buyer.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2013, 16:00   #6381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@ Akshay - I am the seller. Its my mothers car.
Try to sell it to someone who loves fiat's,other wise,brand fiat,and fuel petrol,just dont get along together in the used market.
Old 2nd January 2013, 18:32   #6382
BHPian

Hi All,

Could you let me know what would be the expected price of a used Sonata Embera CRDI and Transform CRDI in Bangalore or Pune.
Old 2nd January 2013, 22:20   #6383
BHPian

Folks, my friend is interested in buying a used Pajero SFX. But since the model has been discontinued, he cannot make up his mind as he has to shell out somewhere close to 14 lakhs. Is it worth buying a discontinued model for that price?
Old 2nd January 2013, 23:10   #6384
BHPian

Market value for swift vdi September 2007 model, 44000 kms, single owner, TN registration.
Old 3rd January 2013, 07:54   #6385
Senior - BHPian

@ tazzy boy - used transform crdi go for anywhere between 7 to 9 depending upon condition and transmission. Used embera's go from 5.5 to 7. Someone i know picked up a 2009 transform crdi A/T for 9, But the car was immaculate with only 26000 kms on it.
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:26   #6386
BHPian

Hi,

I am in search of a used car for sub 2.5lacks.
I came across a used 2003 Dec model Honda City with 68000 Kms in ODO.
It is a single owner car and serviced completely in Honda service center.

What is the price best price I can offer for this car?

Last edited by bullet-tooth : 3rd January 2013 at 09:28. Reason: To correct typo.
Old 3rd January 2013, 09:49   #6387
Senior - BHPian

Blue-tooth , I had sold my 2001 1.5 Exi City with 96000kms in pretty good condition for 1.85L in Chennai. You can use this as a reference.

Last edited by narayan : 3rd January 2013 at 09:51.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:37   #6388
BHPian

Any pointers on the right Price for a 2012 Laura LnK AT , driven less than 12k Kms in Bangalore. The car is well maintained with extended 2+2 year warranty .
Old 3rd January 2013, 10:55   #6389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Market value for swift vdi September 2007 model, 44000 kms, single owner, TN registration.
Hello Smnrock,

You can expect approx Rs. 4 lacs for your Sep 2007 Swift Vdi with 44000 on ODO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
I am in search of a used car for sub 2.5lacks. I came across a used 2003 Dec model Honda City with 68000 Kms in ODO. It is a single owner car and serviced completely in Honda service center.
Hello Bullet-Tooth,

The indicative price is already mentioned by Narayan above.

My two cents - are you looking for a sedan with Rs. 2.5 lacs budget?
I suggest to look for hatchbacks because in budget of Rs. 2.5 lacs you will get hatchbacks of 2007 / 2008 / 2009 years which will be used for approx 20000 / 30000 kms & will be in really good condition. If you are looking at a 2003 year Car, it will almost 10 years old & will give you frequent maintenance issues.

Thanks,

Last edited by GTO : 4th January 2013 at 14:17. Reason: As requested
Jignesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2013, 11:10   #6390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazzy Boy View Post
Hi All,

Could you let me know what would be the expected price of a used Sonata Embera CRDI and Transform CRDI in Bangalore or Pune.
Hello Tazzy Boy,
In Mumbai, you can get an Embera CRDi @ around 6-6.5L. Transform CRDi @ around 8.5L. So Pune prices should be similar. Since prices in southern states are generally higher, add around 50K's to the price.
Regards
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by suv100 View Post
Folks, my friend is interested in buying a used Pajero SFX. But since the model has been discontinued, he cannot make up his mind as he has to shell out somewhere close to 14 lakhs. Is it worth buying a discontinued model for that price?
Hello suv,
14L for Pajero is high. If he's hell bent on a Pajero, tell him to wait for another 6 months. Prices should go further south. 10-12L seems fair. I personally think it's better to buy an XUV rather than a used Pajero .
Regards
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Hello smn,
Around 4.5L seems like a fair price.
Regards
Varun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Hi,

I am in search of a used car for sub 2.5lacks.
I came across a used 2003 Dec model Honda City with 68000 Kms in ODO.
It is a single owner car and serviced completely in Honda service center.

What is the price best price I can offer for this car?
Hello bullettooth,
68000 kms in 9 years is good mileage if the odo's not tampered. Since you have complete service history, 2L seems like a good price.
Hope this helps
Varun
powertrain is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed