Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2013, 12:10   #6361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
How much should a used baleno 2006 model, single owner, 39k on the odo, loaded, Mumbai registered cost?
Hello Yogesh,

Are you sure you wish to go for a Baleno given, the paucity and the expensive nature of the spares?

The car is a performer for sure however, the upkeep might turn up to be a task for sure.

Had no intentions to dilute your enthusiasm but, just wished to serve you a heads up

Anything between 1.75-1.9L should be a fair price for this. Good luck!

Last edited by MetalBuff : 1st January 2013 at 12:22.
Old 1st January 2013, 12:25   #6362
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
How much should a used baleno 2006 model, single owner, 39k on the odo, loaded, Mumbai registered cost?
Hello Yogesh,

Hope you are doing good.

2006 Baleno Vxi with 39000 kms on ODO should be available for anything less than Rs. 1.45 lacs, but nothing more than that.

Are you seriously looking to buy a 6 year old Baleno which is discontinued long back?

Thanks,
Old 1st January 2013, 14:21   #6363
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally Sold my Honda City, 2005, GXi with odo @ 65000 kms for 2.1L to an individual.
Old 1st January 2013, 14:34   #6364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Finally Sold my Honda City, 2005, GXi with odo @ 65000 kms for 2.1L to an individual.

Congratulations to you, buddy. However, should have been around the 2.5-2.6L mark as, i beleive the car was in decent shape, no?

Last edited by MetalBuff : 1st January 2013 at 14:36.
Old 1st January 2013, 14:51   #6365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Congratulations to you, buddy. However, should have been around the 2.5-2.6L mark as, i beleive the car was in decent shape, no?
Yup the car was in decent shape but I was the second owner ( although I bought the car at just 3000 kms or something). Honda City has really lost its value in the used car market. Firstly due to the Petrol costs and secondly because Honda changes its models too frequently. My 2005 city has already seen 2 new avatars since its birth ( mine is the dolphin city). The car was in decent shape fundamentally. Had few scratches here and there which are expected over a period of 7 years of usage.

The dealers here were all quoting around 1.5L for 2005 city. Even member SS traveller is selling his city and is being quoted similar prices. So finally sold the car off to a known person ( office staff).
Old 1st January 2013, 15:03   #6366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Yup the car was in decent shape but I was the second owner ( although I bought the car at just 3000 kms or something). Honda City has really lost its value in the used car market. Firstly due to the Petrol costs and secondly because Honda changes its models too frequently. My 2005 city has already seen 2 new avatars since its birth ( mine is the dolphin city). The car was in decent shape fundamentally. Had few scratches here and there which are expected over a period of 7 years of usage.

The dealers here were all quoting around 1.5L for 2005 city. Even member SS traveller is selling his city and is being quoted similar prices. So finally sold the car off to a known person ( office staff).
Well, wasn't aware that you were the second owner. Now, the selling price is purely justified .

You are right when you commented that, Citys have been losing their sheen due to frequent model updations however, that is still better than being left with a discontinued PETROL model (Esteem, Baleno etc).

In hindsight, since Honda comes up with a new City every 5-6 years, people don't take that up as a discontinued model .

Looking forward to your new car's ownership review. Perfect time to shop now with superb discounts on the impending inventory. All the best!
Old 1st January 2013, 15:33   #6367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Well, wasn't aware that you were the second owner. Now, the selling price is purely justified .

In hindsight, since Honda comes up with a new City every 5-6 years, people don't take that up as a discontinued model .
Well that depends on whether you are the buyer or the seller. Honda has really marketed the I vtec engine with the same being pasted on the back of every city I guess. The first question that most buyers asked me was whether this car had the said engine. So I guess the change of the model ( specially as drastic as Honda changes) does take its toll on the used car price.

Quote:
Looking forward to your new car's ownership review. Perfect time to shop now with superb discounts on the impending inventory. All the best!
Oh I bought the Altis and the Sunny already. The car was not being used much now and hence the decision to sell. The Altis thread is right here incase you are interested http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...cs-pg-5-a.html
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 15:47   #6368
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Yogesh,

Are you sure you wish to go for a Baleno given, the paucity and the expensive nature of the spares?

The car is a performer for sure however, the upkeep might turn up to be a task for sure.

Had no intentions to dilute your enthusiasm but, just wished to serve you a heads up

Anything between 1.75-1.9L should be a fair price for this. Good luck!

Hi - Thanks for the heads-up. I'm not aware of the cost of spares. Are they very costly ? I'm driving a Zen currently and want to keep that for the city run-about. Looking for a Sedan for highway runs and Baleno seems to be a good option, only if it is economical to run like other Maruti cars. I don't mind if it is discontinued. I just want to ensure that spares are easily available and cost is not sky-high. Lets see. I'll think about this.

Last edited by yogeshnagpal : 1st January 2013 at 15:48. Reason: Removed the 'a' before discontinued
Old 1st January 2013, 15:53   #6369
BHPian

How much can I expect for mumbai reg honda city zx vtec 2006 model done 46000 on odo. Regularly maintained by Honda a s s. single owner
Old 1st January 2013, 16:05   #6370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
How much can I expect for mumbai reg honda city zx vtec 2006 model done 46000 on odo. Regularly maintained by Honda a s s. single owner
Hello docaxe,

Ah! VTEC ! Well, anything between 3.2-3.3 would be a good sell IMHO.
Old 1st January 2013, 16:07   #6371
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by docaxe View Post
Hello Docaxe,

You can expect something between Rs. 2.6 to Rs. 2.9 lacs for your 2006 Honda City Zx Vtec with 46000 kms on ODO.

Recently a person residing in my apartment, sold his 2007 City Zx with 94000 on ODO For Rs. 2.6 lacs to a Used Car Dealer.

Thanks,

Last edited by Jignesh : 1st January 2013 at 16:09. Reason: Figures edited
Old 1st January 2013, 16:44   #6372
Senior - BHPian

On the Zx version pls don't expect much of a premium between the Vtec and the Idsi variants when you sell your car because typical buyer would just see which generation its from. In the OHC, the Vtec variant would definetly fetch a better price.
Old 1st January 2013, 17:30   #6373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello Docaxe,

You can expect something between Rs. 2.6 to Rs. 2.9 lacs for your 2006 Honda City Zx Vtec with 46000 kms on ODO.

Recently a person residing in my apartment, sold his 2007 City Zx with 94000 on ODO For Rs. 2.6 lacs to a Used Car Dealer.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
On the Zx version pls don't expect much of a premium between the Vtec and the Idsi variants when you sell your car because typical buyer would just see which generation its from. In the OHC, the Vtec variant would definetly fetch a better price.
Hello guys,

As for the used car dealer, they will definitely quote a very low price for the vehicle. The best would be to sell it to an individual and so, a ~60K shoot over the dealer's price can definitely be expected.

Also, not forgetting the car is near the 50 K mark unlike the one which has done almost a lakh kms .

Would be glad to know the real worth post sale though.

If the OHC Vtec can command around 2 lakhs, a car which is 2 generations above can def go for around 3.3L IMHO

Peace folks \/

Last edited by MetalBuff : 1st January 2013 at 17:52.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2013, 21:04   #6374
BHPian

Just sold my well maintained KA-registered 2006 Zen Estilo Lxi, which had ~30k on the odo.

Maruti True Value offered 1.5L + 10k exchange bonus. I balked and put up ads on carwale, quikr and team-bhp. Sold it the very next day to an individual who saw my ad on quikr.

I had quoted 2.15L, but finally came down to 2L to close the deal.

I hope this was a decent price?
Old 1st January 2013, 22:33   #6375
Senior - BHPian

What is the going rate for a 2010 Jan model fiat linea petrol emotion plus ? The car has done around 25000 kms and is in pristine condition.

Most Viewed