Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:01   #11956
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
Hi all,

I am evaluating whether to sell my Renault Duster since we have other cars at home. Please let me know of a likely price?

Details are:
- Mfg in Dec 2014, registered in Jan 2015
- 85 PS RXL (Option Pack) in Brown colour. This has airbags, ABS and Medianav system etc.
- MH02 registration
- Done 9,800 Km only. All self driven
- Car is in immaculate condition

I have checked on some of the online sites. There is a very wide variation in prices provided.

Thanks in advance!
Sir, are you based in Delhi? I mean, is the car in Delhi? If that's the case, you will have to knock off couple of lacs easily while selling the car
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:45   #11957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Need expert advice here. I am looking to buy a second hand car for my sister and my wife to practice driving .... The purpose of the car is just to allow my wife and my sister to practice their driving skills.
Why​ so you want to spend 2+ lac on a car which is intended only for driving practice? Why not 2006-2008 vintage Wagon R's or Santro's? These things are easy to drive and are built to last a long time with just regular maintenance! You'll most likely end up losing lesser on these than the newer Alto's when you sell them 1-2 years down the lane.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:43   #11958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Sir, are you based in Delhi? I mean, is the car in Delhi? If that's the case, you will have to knock off couple of lacs easily while selling the car
Oops, I should have clarified that the car is very much in Mumbai.

I shuttle between Delhi and Mumbai hence my profile says Delhi.

Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 15:22   #11959

Hi friends,

I am evaluating purchasing a Jan 2012 Corolla Altis 1.8G with 75000Kms on the ODO for INR6L. The car is in pristine condition except for the tyres which need to be replaced. Kindly suggest what should be a fair price.
Old 25th April 2017, 17:36   #11960

Hello All,

Was looking at buying an automatic car. Got an offer on a used Polo GT TSI
March 2014 Car with 14000 on the odo.Insurance valid for another month.
The dealer is quoting a price of 7.5 lacs. Car is in decent condition
I feel the price is on a higher side. Also would it be ok to buy a used automatic or should I go for a new Polo. Any pointers on what would be an ideal price for this car
Old 25th April 2017, 18:02   #11961
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumi2508 View Post
Hi friends,

I am evaluating purchasing a Jan 2012 Corolla Altis 1.8G with 75000Kms on the ODO for INR6L. The car is in pristine condition except for the tyres which need to be replaced. Kindly suggest what should be a fair price.
Considering 2008-09 models go for 4.5 easily, I'd you're being quoted a genuine price. Still, try to get it for around 5.5
Old 25th April 2017, 20:54   #11962

I always wanted to buy a Jeep like vehicle with some creature comforts basically for normal off-road and occasional trips to rural areas with not so good roads. I own a 2005 Maruti 800 and is my current driver.

I found a Jan 2008, registered in March bolero slx B's 3 with 1,26,00 on the odo. It's currently 3rd owner, and original registration is in a rural area with the owner living in my city now.

AC, Power Steering and power windows all work. It's got a remote locking system aftermarket and ok-ok ice. Runs and drives well, started with half crank after about a few weeks of just sitting. My mechanic said the front suspension has to be overhauled and maybe the steering, the steering vibrates over bumps. Engine and all are in good condition according to him. I drove it as well and with my limited knowledge seems fine apart from a lack of power in low rpms (probably all bolero) and the steering.

It'll be my daily driver if I buy it, won't sell the 800 though. Asking price is 1.8 lakhs. Insurance expires in a month.

Should I consider buying? Would love to hear your suggestions. Can post pics if required.
Old 26th April 2017, 01:07   #11963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmageddon View Post
Hi all,

I am evaluating whether to sell my Renault Duster since we have other cars at home. Please let me know of a likely price?

Details are:
- Mfg in Dec 2014, registered in Jan 2015
- 85 PS RXL (Option Pack) in Brown colour. This has airbags, ABS and Medianav system etc.
- MH02 registration
- Done 9,800 Km only. All self driven
- Car is in immaculate condition

I have checked on some of the online sites. There is a very wide variation in prices provided.

Thanks in advance!
Online prices seem to be between 7-8 lacs. I'm looking at a replacement car. If you do decide to sell, let me know and I'll come over.
Old 26th April 2017, 11:03   #11964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpanda View Post
I always wanted to buy a Jeep like vehicle with some creature comforts basically for normal off-road and occasional trips to rural areas with not so good roads. I own a 2005 Maruti 800 and is my current driver.

I found a Jan 2008, registered in March bolero slx B's 3 with 1,26,00 on the odo. It's currently 3rd owner, and original registration is in a rural area with the owner living in my city now.
It'll be my daily driver if I buy it, won't sell the 800 though.

Should I consider buying.
Hello Rahul,

If I was in your place then I would not go for this car due to the following reasons:-
1. The vehicle already has three owners that too in rural areas and you never know how the vehicle has been abused.
2. The vehicle has already crossed 1.2 lakh km.

As you mentioned the car will be your daily drive so it's better you look for a newer model probably with single owner and less kms on odo as it wil be in a much better condition and you can use for few years to come. Also consider a vehicle with complete service history too. Consider other options like Safari Dicor, Scorpio if you do not intend to do a lot of off roading as bolero has leaf springs which is not as comfortable as coils on tarmac but has its advantages on off roads.
Old 26th April 2017, 11:45   #11965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani0404 View Post
Hello Rahul,

If I was in your place then I would not go for this car due to the following reasons:-
1. The vehicle already has three owners that too in rural areas and you never know how the vehicle has been abused.
2. The vehicle has already crossed 1.2 lakh km.

As you mentioned the car will be your daily drive so it's better you look for a newer model probably with single owner and less kms on odo as it wil be in a much better condition and you can use for few years to come. Also consider a vehicle with complete service history too. Consider other options like Safari Dicor, Scorpio if you do not intend to do a lot of off roading as bolero has leaf springs which is not as comfortable as coils on tarmac but has its advantages on off roads.
Hi Ani,

I concluded on the same as well.

Since I always wanted to have a Go-Anywhere capable vehicle (although it'll be used max once or twice in a couple of months since my dad in an activist and forest conservationist by passion and journalist by profession, he visits forested and interior villages mostly with bad or no roads).

He'll mostly be driving, with 3-4 passengers and some camera and camping luggage on the trips, I am considering going for a Power+ SLX (8.5 on road, here in BBSR). A CRDe thar hard top will be approximately same but i guess its best for 2 passengers and not so good on the highways.

By budget was initially 4-5 lakhs, so not considering options like Scorpio, Safari or the Duster in the new segment. Moving to new because of the 3 Yeas 1,00,000 Km warranty from Mahindra.

Any suggestions on what else I should explore?
Old 26th April 2017, 12:13   #11966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpanda View Post
Since I always wanted to have a Go-Anywhere capable vehicle he visits forested and interior villages mostly with bad or no roads.
He'll mostly be driving, with 3-4 passengers and some camera and camping luggage on the trips,
Any suggestions on what else I should explore?
Bolero seems a better option because :-
1. More seats and already has a hard top which is always a boon considering comfort and safety of people and gear.
2. Thar even if considered requires modifications which would inturn increase your overall cost.

I don't find any other hard core off roaders apart from Gypsy and Gurkha. Gypsy has a problem with seating and Gurkha is a less popular car when compared to bolero which is more seen in the case of availability of service centres.
So I feel bolero is better.
Ani0404 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 12:21   #11967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Online prices seem to be between 7-8 lacs. I'm looking at a replacement car. If you do decide to sell, let me know and I'll come over.

Hi Lalvaz, if you could PM your contact number I will call you to discuss. Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 12:38   #11968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Need expert advice here. I am looking to buy a second hand car for my sister and my wife to practice driving. I have shortlisted the below cars. Let me know if they are fairly priced.
I'd say for the purpose, any decently maintained Maruti/Hyundai within the range of 1-1.5 should be good and you wouldn't loose out much on resale or the car is damaged during the training sessions. In my case, i bought a very old (10+ years) old Zen while i was learning to drive back in 2012 at 50K and the car turned out to be so good it is still with me. Atleast half a dozen more of my friends and families have also learned to drive on this car and I believe the purpose was well served. Another case in point, a close friend got a Hyundai Santro Xing for 90K in 2010 for the same reason and it served well for 2-3 years before it was sold for 65k.
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 00:35   #11969
BHPian

Looking for Used Punto/Polo Diesel which has ABS & Airbag.
Have shortlisted on (BLR) 2014 Punto 90 Top End run 33K kms and is in very good condition. Seller quoting 6.5L. What is the best offer? I am offering 4.75L.
Probably will get it checked with FASS or mechanic and finalize.
what advantages does Polo 1.5D give over Punto 90 HP?
Please advise.
Old 28th April 2017, 02:57   #11970
BHPian

Planning to sell our June 2014 Black Fortuner, 3.0 4x2 AT, 49500 kms, single owner.
The OBV tool suggested that price for a vehicle in very good condition should be 23 lacs above. Mine is between excellent and very good somewhere.
The family is not in favour to sell it as there is no problem with the car. But now that dad has upgraded to an X5 and his Endeavour has been passed on to me, I feel it's better to sell a car thats going to be used once in a month maybe.
Also, I've taken utmost care of it and never drove rash, never went off roading even, no smoking or drinking and rarely even allowed eating in the car. So because I've been so careful, I'd rather wait and get a genuine individual buyer than sell in haste. Anyway there is no hurry.

So what do you guys feel is the price I should expect?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks