Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 10:26   #1
BHPian

Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Mods: I think I have started the thread in the right section, if not please move it to the correct one

As suggested by dsr_rpm, I have started this thread on VW Vento delays and deliveries. Please update your experiences here, so that we have a consolidated status from different cities in India.

This is really a pity that the customers needs to resort to these type of methods to track the delivery of their vehicles. The dealers and the company are all sitting silent right now, occasionally they do say "No Idea" about the status of delivery

My experience:
I called up the dealer, but as usual, I got the response as: "No Idea Sir" so I ran and made a lotr of calls to the VW head office in Mumbai. After about 2 days of making "n" number of calls, I was given the reply that the delivery for my vehicle would be in March 2011. Please note that this is an 18th Oct 2010 booking for Vento Highline TDI

When I asked them to give the same thing to me in an email, they didnt reply back, verbally they are again committing a date, but scared to give it in email

My booking is with Volkswagen Palace Cross, Bangalore (Bangalore Motors Private Ltd)

Last edited by evilshantanu : 8th February 2011 at 10:27.
Old 8th February 2011, 10:54   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

I haven't booked any but VW Gurgaon told me on Sunday (I took a TD) that they have received a circular at the beginning of this month that VW are now going to focus on TDI Highline production instead of Trendline. This is with the objective of bringing down the long waiting period which is presently 5 months.

Hopefully this will cut down the waiting period to more acceptable levels by the end of the next couple of months (though it will not have any impact on your delivery).
Old 8th February 2011, 10:57   #3
BHPian

correct suman, even my dealer told me that they have received this circular that the production for Highline Vento TDI is being beefed up. Well why it didnt happen till now ? thats strange, for that I got the reply, that there was some problem on the production line....
Old 8th February 2011, 11:53   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Although I got my Vento, let me share my experience here so that it will cover the status of VW Cochin too.

I booked my Vento on Aug 2nd as a priority booking by paying 1L in advance. I was in top 30 list of customers when I booked the car. The executive said that I will be getting the car by mid Sept. They failed to keep their word atleast 3-4 times. Finally after N number of calls and complaints, they kept their word and I got the car on Dec 8th. This happened only because I got hold of some big shots and they called the sales manager/executives and blasted. If I was some ordinary customer, guess I would be still waiting for the car.

But from my experience with VW Cochin, I should say that they have some well mannered sales executives and managers. Although, they failed to follow up with calls, they did update me with letters.

They treated me well when I went for a routine checkup at 3000 km. Greeted me well and checked the car and topped up some of the fluids for free.

I should say, VW Cochin is doing a great job. Only thing they have to do is maintain this and make sure that all the pending cars are delivered at time.

Cheers.!
Old 8th February 2011, 12:05   #5
BHPian

It's the same story for me. I had booked a Vento D HL at VW Secunderabad on Oct 26, 2010. It will be 4 months in another 3 weeks. The dealer as usual does not have a clue about the delivery.
I had also mentioned to him that 2 people in my office went for City after speaking to me about the delivery time. And currently another person is also thinking on the same lines.

Last edited by windsurfer : 8th February 2011 at 12:46.
Old 8th February 2011, 12:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

The Fact is , Unless you put pressure on the dealer to give you a proper delivery date on paper He will take you for a ride.
Many a Times People who are close to the dealers/ VIP's etc are allotted your vehicle because of their influence and you have to wait even more.
Old 8th February 2011, 12:48   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have booked a Highline TDI with Palace Road VW. The delivery date mentioned was 'after 6 months' and its been 2 1/2 months now. I have dropped by the showroom twice and they think it might take another 2 months at least.

They seem to have delivered about 100 odd cars until now and mine was number 560 when booked. Not sure when the delivery will happen. I see that there is a possibility of getting the delivery earlier by repeatedly asking them and being nice'r.

I always hear that they can deliver a trendline model earlier or a petrol model earlier.
Shouldn't they manufacture cars based on the ratio of bookings of a particular model?

Last edited by srishiva : 8th February 2011 at 12:51.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:00   #8
BHPian

Called up VW Palace cross again just now.
They might be able to deliver my vehicle this month!!!!

If you want the correct status, then please either speak to the Team Lead, sales or the GM, Sales. The other guys dont have any idea about the deliveries there

I spoke to the GM Sales, call them up and insist on speaking to the GM, Sales.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:10   #9
BHPian

I am sure it would be frustrating to wait over 6 months for your car and having no clue on the delivery. I am surprised that a company like VW does not give booking number/slip.

I too wanted to book one but the dealer couldn't commit on a date so I opted for Linea MJD which was delivered in 5 days.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:17   #10
BHPian

I have booked Vento HL Diesel on 15-Nov-2010/Shadow Blue/Elite Motors, Banglore, till now no update. When I spoke to sales rep today she mentioned mine is 7th booking in Shadow Blue. So In first batch of production I should receive it.

Surprisingly I got call from VW today to confirm the details of my booking. But for some reason they said I have booked HL Petrol Auto, What??. Then I clarified them abt the diesel which i guess they changed in the system.

When I did the booking personally I checked it for all the details, Not sure where VW gets this info.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:38   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
I am sure it would be frustrating to wait over 6 months for your car and having no clue on the delivery. I am surprised that a company like VW does not give booking number/slip.

I too wanted to book one but the dealer couldn't commit on a date so I opted for Linea MJD which was delivered in 5 days.
Good to see people who bought another car, because of Vento delays on this thread, hope VW is following it and would do something to improve this chaos
Old 8th February 2011, 14:54   #12
BHPian

I booked my Vento Highline TDI on Sept 21, 2010 at KSM Motors, Mumbai. After hearing stories of delays, I made my booking through the dealership owner who knew a friend of mine. I was intially told delivery would happen in 45 days since I went through him after paying Rs. 75k as booking amount. End-oct turned to diwali which turned to 3rd week of Dec and then 3rd week of Jan. I was promised a delivery now in 1st week of Feb and am still waiting. Have been promised that the first batch to be announced this month will have my name, but after my experience can't be sure. Again no token number given, even had to follow up for my booking receipt! Its now painful to watch other Ventos, especially Silver ones (my colour) on the road. This has left a very bad taste in my mouth for a reputed company like VW.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:19   #13
Senior - BHPian

I knew alteast 3 people who had canceled the booking of TDI Vento highline & moved to different manufacturers here in Chennai. This is purely due to irresponsible replies from the dealer in Chennai.

Also the bookings have been stopped temporarily at Chennai as per the last info I heard. I surely wanted to get one, but the temporary stop on booking gives me a leverage to explore Hyundai Verna ....exploring other options in spite of falling in love with Vento is due to shaky start of VW

Edit: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/Volkswagenindia

"Just others" section have more delivery issues stories

Last edited by Surprise : 8th February 2011 at 15:23.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:25   #14
Senior - BHPian

From a different perspective, Vento's Jan 2011 numbers are impressive.

This means if they fix these supply-side issues, dealer shipment figures would be even better in coming months.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:32   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Am "templatizing" this thread, similar to the bookings thread. Hope it helps.

Model: Vento Petrol Highline AT
Dealer: Vidyut Motors (VW Pune)
Test Drive?: Yes, October 7th 2010
Booking: October 10th, 2010
Actual Delivery Date: Jan 22nd, 2011
Waiting Period: 3 months, 12 days
Booking amount: 75,000
Delivery period commited on booking receipt?: Yes. "3-4 months"
Whether delivery commitment met?: Yes
Whether VW booking number given: No
Updates provided by dealer sales rep or VW on wait: No
Other factors: Had to compromise on colour choice since terra beige had still not started production. Talked to folks in back office rather than sales reps- they were much more helpful in getting car allotted. Also helped by the fact that 2010 models were being delivered well into Jan.

The idea is to see:
- how long the average Vento owner has to wait
- how much on average he is parking as booking deposit (interest accruing to the fat cat dealerships)
- whether the dealer commits a delivery date... and sticks to it
- whether VW gave any delivery updates (as some people reported)
- any other factors that influenced the delivery date.

Last edited by noopster : 8th February 2011 at 15:35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks