Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2011, 15:00   #136
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

This is definitely good news!
Will ask my cousin to book it right away!
Old 7th April 2011, 17:42   #137
e46
BHPian

Fantaaastic!! A drop from 6-8 months to less than 2 months is surely commendable. Had I have the budget for the TDI HL, I would have booked it now itself in none other than "Shadow Blue" color. The Vento looks regal in it.
Old 8th April 2011, 00:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Vento delivery timelines brought down to 30-45 days !!! Awesome news for the consumers, the company and the hassled dealerships
Can't wait for the coming months SIAM sales figures
Old 15th April 2011, 10:32   #139
BHPian

I called VW Palace cross bangalore yesterday, and the salesman tells me that now waiting period is 8 months on the Vento Highline TDI (I had requested the color to be silver). Is this also what other dealers are also telling?
Old 15th April 2011, 11:36   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
I booked a shadow blue HL TDI exactly a month ago, was just informed that allotment is done and the car is in transit - it should reach me in a week to 10 days. It appears that the delivery issues are things of the past and all is well now; a waiting period of 40-45 days is not that bad (and I was given a longer time frame for 6-8 months for the shadow blue. Had I opted for a different color, who knows, I might have received the car already). Good job VW, hope they keep my party rolling
Hey, this is great news, sith_lord! Congratulations. Now hoping to receive my news soon too. Booked at same place, same colour, and now it's exactly one month for my booking also!
Old 15th April 2011, 12:44   #141
Senior - BHPian

I am getting mine on Monday. Total wait of 4 1/2 months. I think they dont wait if there is a delay in arranging payment (credit). Could be on one of the reasons for some people with some colour choice to get it early.
Old 16th April 2011, 11:00   #142
BHPian

I got my Vento TDI Highline (Black) in record time of 2 weeks. Another matter that it was a cancelled booking that made this kind of delivery time possible, but the delivery time mentioned these days are less than 2 months anyway.
Old 16th April 2011, 12:22   #143
BHPian

More news. Paid a visit to the showroom sales manager. He was preparing my file! He told me the car is in production and should be ready for delivery in the 1st week of May. A safe target would be mid May which would make it about 2 months from booking to delivery. Could have been better but thankfully it is not worse!

Last edited by nileshch : 16th April 2011 at 12:32.
Old 17th April 2011, 22:26   #144
BHPian

The Shadow blue and Beige cars are getting delivered faster now due to less pending bookings of these colours. Thats the reason people who booked these colours are getting earlier.

The most suffered people would be the ones who have booked the RED Vento TDI. These are produced in single digit nos and people have been waiting more than 6 months already for the colour.
Old 18th April 2011, 09:25   #145
BHPian

Visited the VW West showroom in Santacruz West. Delivery for the Petrol Automatic is down to 10-15 days, except for Black where it takes 3 weeks. Did not ask about the Diesel. Also, they have a TD car for the Automatic (Red). Had a good drive yesterday & enjoyed ripping it a bit with the Tiptronic though could not do full justice as mom was sitting behind. They are not offering any discount whatsoever, even if you make full payment. So if i book now, its possible to get the car on Akshay Tritya, i.e. 6th May.
Old 18th April 2011, 09:41   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
The Shadow blue and Beige cars are getting delivered faster now due to less pending bookings of these colours. Thats the reason people who booked these colours are getting earlier.
This is good news indeed. I have booked a Shadow Blue Highline TDI. I was told allotment would happen April End as I had booked in 1st week of Feb. This is exciting news indeed. I will get in touch with the dealer today itself.. THanks a lot

[/quote] The most suffered people would be the ones who have booked the RED Vento TDI. These are produced in single digit nos and people have been waiting more than 6 months already for the colour.[/quote]
Same thing with black I think. I had given a "back" up color as black and the dealer advised me against it since it seems there is a longer queue for black than was for shadow blue.
Old 20th April 2011, 20:28   #147

@ Ambivalent;
Which dealer? BUB or Vidyut. It seems that Vidyut has longer waiting period than BuB.
Congrats for Vento !!!
We have booked ours on 26th Mar. Just received a mail from Dealer BuB saying that the car would delivered next month!!!
vwvrit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2011, 15:46   #148
BHPian

Update.....Guys, VW is offering corporate discount of 12-16k on Vento depending on model. Just received a mailer today. Offer stands till 30 April only though. Delivery time being quoted is 1 month.
Old 21st April 2011, 16:19   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwvrit View Post
@ Ambivalent;
Which dealer? BUB or Vidyut. It seems that Vidyut has longer waiting period than BuB.
Congrats for Vento !!!
We have booked ours on 26th Mar. Just received a mail from Dealer BuB saying that the car would delivered next month!!!
I have booked with Vidyut. I have booked on 5th Feb. They asked me to call them end of April. But seeing the posts I think I have to pay a visit this weekend. They do have some sort of tracking sheet since I have been told that I am 4th in the queue for Shadow Blue.
Old 21st April 2011, 16:20   #150
BHPian

Corporate discount on Vento is nothing new, it's been around for a while - I booked mine last month and was offered 16K. I also don't believe the 04/30 deadline - I doubt it will be discontinued.
sith_lord is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks