After using every strategy

1. Using higher contacts in the dealer
2. Using higher contacts in VW
3. Screaming
4. Pleading / Giving sentimental talk
5. Writing stinkers to the whole VW world
6. Threating to book the linea, SX4 and fortuner

and waiting for 7 months...

I have been told that my car is being transported. VW guys coming over to my place tomorrow to process the car loan. Phew.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:48   #107
Senior - BHPian

Surprise - Has sundaram opened their dealership with VW? Knew it was coming but didnt know they have already started.

Also as you rightly noted, now the waiting period mentioned by Abra motors is also in the same time frame. Reason being increased production of Highline models beginning from Feb. I booked mine very recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Checked with Sundaram, Chennai on delivery time frame for top end diesel. Sales guy told me that I will be called back with details. Exactly in next 10 minutes, I got a call mentioning that delivery time frame for diesel top end would be 5 months & they will try to quicken the delivery time frame. Added that advance is Rs.75k and is 100% refundable without any penalty upon cancellation.

Looks like there is an improvement in the delivery schedules as the other dealer before couple of months told me that booking is closed temporarily as the waiting period has crossed 12 months
Old 12th March 2011, 13:15   #108
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

My delivery is pushed frm today to Monday. Dealership will deliver it home, will try and upload my ownership thread on mon/tues. The 5 1/2 months of wait isnt as bad as these last few days!
Old 12th March 2011, 17:26   #109
Team-BHP Support

Can someone explain the exchange mela this weekend with VW Palace Cross - from what it sounds, Polo's and Vento's are availalbe off the shelf
Old 12th March 2011, 19:09   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Surprise - Has sundaram opened their dealership with VW? Knew it was coming but didnt know they have already started.

Also as you rightly noted, now the waiting period mentioned by Abra motors is also in the same time frame. Reason being increased production of Highline models beginning from Feb. I booked mine very recently.
A friend of mine updated that Sundaran has tied up with VW. Since I got the number of the sales guy, rang him up for enquiry. From the conversation I had with the sales guy, looks like they are through with the partnership & opened up the dealership.

Inclusion of Sundaram as dealer will definitely improve the experience with dealership
Old 14th March 2011, 02:11   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Can someone explain the exchange mela this weekend with VW Palace Cross - from what it sounds, Polo's and Vento's are availalbe off the shelf
I was there on 12th. They are not really available off the shelf, but Palace Cross has a nice offer for people interested in the trendlines (in metallic colours). They are upgrading the interiors and features to that of a highline for a discount. Basically 35k worth of accessories for 12k. Seemed like a good offer. It also includes a 2DIN player with AUX/USB, Bluetooth and a new set of speakers.

However, I finally went for the TDI HL (Shadow Blue). I wanted all the safety features if I am going to buy such a powerful car. I absolutely loved the torque of the Vento.

Just booked yesterday! Now the long wait begins!
Old 14th March 2011, 06:52   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

What ?!!? Maybe its worth running all the way to Bangalore and getting 1 then. Just yesterday went to VW Mumbai West with my uncle, who is interested in the Vento TDI.
The salesperson simply said 'you book it today, you get it sometime in August'
We actually thought of considering the petrol to avoid the waits but he soon told us things aren't very different with the petrol either.
This is just too much
Old 14th March 2011, 07:52   #113
BHPian

The sales guy at VW Palace Cross was saying, they have been told to commit a period of 5 months to the customer, though the car may come much earlier. Probably learning from past experiences, they are simply trying to play safe now and avoid being blamed by the customer for any delays.
Old 14th March 2011, 19:42   #114
Senior - BHPian

The salesman in chennai spoke the same language too, so there seems to be some truth in what he said. They were also stressing the 100% refund option if I wanted to cancel in between. I booked a TDI HL by first week of March. Hope all goes well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
The sales guy at VW Palace Cross was saying, they have been told to commit a period of 5 months to the customer, though the car may come much earlier. Probably learning from past experiences, they are simply trying to play safe now and avoid being blamed by the customer for any delays.
Old 15th March 2011, 07:12   #115
BHPian

Quote:
I was there on 12th. They are not really available off the shelf, but Palace Cross has a nice offer for people interested in the trendlines (in metallic colours). They are upgrading the interiors and features to that of a highline for a discount. Basically 35k worth of accessories for 12k. Seemed like a good offer. It also includes a 2DIN player with AUX/USB, Bluetooth and a new set of speakers.
Thats the Vento Plus, its basically adding some accessories package worth 35-40k and naaming it Vento Plus. But best part of it is its all available to you for just 12K more.

Vento Plus is launched countrywide by VW. Its a great offer to go for if you are looking at the Trendline Petrol.
Old 17th March 2011, 09:08   #116
BHPian

Yesterday I was speaking to a VW sales representative and he told me that trendlines are indeed available in abundant stock. In fact, he said they could be delivered within a few weeks also.

That should explain the IPL 'trendline' edition and the 'Trendline Plus' offers that have suddenly appeared in the last few weeks.
Old 17th March 2011, 23:28   #117

Friends Folks Countrymen

I booked my sublime silver dream Vento P HL MT on 19th Jan 2011.Was told an approximate delivery date of April 4th Week.

I knew i would have to live and die everyday for the next 90 days.Having to only watch the Coolest "Breeze" in town glide through the Mumbai morning madness.

But i was prepared to use all my commando, super spy, mind control training i picked up all these years watching countless reruns of Gunmaster -G9. Using immense will power, i made myself forget my trips to the VW dealers, that Test Drive, those hours spent on Team BHP forums and the booking.

15th April, I get an SMS while i am at work.The dealership hints that the Dream may be realised before this March End.

My heart skips a few beats !

And then i breakout into a "thaki-thiki, thaki-thiki, ThaaN" dance like Crime Master Gogo while my co-workers think i have gone nuts.

Life is on a roll, my registration at Team BHP gets accepted, i am literally walking on "AIR". So folks, lets see if miracles do happen, if dreams do come true or if someone has a lousy sense of humor and doesnt know that April fools Day is not meant to be on 15th March.
Old 18th March 2011, 00:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I was speaking to a VW sales representative and he told me that trendlines are indeed available in abundant stock. In fact, he said they could be delivered within a few weeks also.

That should explain the IPL 'trendline' edition and the 'Trendline Plus' offers that have suddenly appeared in the last few weeks.
You are right , trendlines (especially the petrol version ) and automatics are available fairly easily
Old 18th March 2011, 22:48   #119

Well, today the Salesperson confirmed that the vehicle has been dispatched from the factory and should reach the Stockyard by 22nd March.He also mentioned 3 things which i have doubts on:

1. No PDI while the vehicle is at stockyard

2. Full payment to be made before its sent to RTO for registration.

3. Insurance only through the Dealership. They are atleast 6K costlier and not sure if they give Zero Depreciation cover. I was asked for the engine and the chassis no. by TATA AIG to process the policy and hence had to call up the dealership.

Look forward to some advice from experienced people.
Old 19th March 2011, 07:40   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

@loyal casanova- full payment before registration is reasonable. The other 2 are NOT: you are perfectly entited to do PDI in stockyard (lots of folks do) and no dealership can force you to take insurance through them. There have been cases where customers have got the impression (no doubt with some help from friendly neighbourhood salesman!) that the corporate discount (16K typically on Vento) is not available if you get the insurance done yourself. This is hogwash.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks