Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 15:34   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

I never booked a Vento but if VW is following this thread, this post may help other vento buyers.

When I TDed the Vento, I absolutely fell in love with it. I was ready to take a loan and book it instantly but did not do only because the dealer had no clue when my car would be delivered. At 3 different times he gave 3 different answers (3 months, 4 months and 6 months) for the Highline petrol. If only VW had a way of letting their dealers know when which model will be available. I thought supply chain management has come a long way.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:36   #17
BHPian

@Surprise, that's my take as well. Even getting a Vento for TD has been a struggle for me here in Bangalore; I must say the customer service of VW is virtually nonexistent. I was more or less zeroed-in on the Vento but now am forced by the attitude of VW to wait and explore other models - particularly the Verna RB, just like you, which I understand is due for launch in a couple of months. Regardless, the compact Sedan market is going to get very competitive, with a number of them coming up this year - I hope that will wake VW up from slumber.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
I knew alteast 3 people who had canceled the booking of TDI Vento highline & moved to different manufacturers here in Chennai. This is purely due to irresponsible replies from the dealer in Chennai.
Chennai guy is promising me a delivery of White AT within 30 Days of booking.. Realistic ? Don't think He'll tell the same after booking. As of now looking at other options. Verna guy told, no new Verna in near future ! Whatever is coming is replacement of Elantra and the cost will. be on higher side.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:21   #19
BHPian

I booked silver trend line TDI on october 6, 2010. The 1st sales person gave a TBD month of January. In december, he left the company (or probably thrown out for lackluster service). Before that, I was the person who use to remind him about the delivery dates and forced him to check the progress.

After that the new guy said it will be available in February 1st week but I decided to change the color if its just a delay of one more month. So, I went ahead and changed the color in the 1st week of Jan and this guy didn't change it till my silver one was almost delivered. So had to shout and make him work/correct and he enquired about the production status and finally gave me 12th week of 2011 as the TBD week.

I never thought VW was so mismanaged.. And surprisingly India is the only place I see where you got to wait for delivery of midsize/compact/small cars...
Old 8th February 2011, 16:52   #20
BHPian

I've booked a Highline TDI in December at VW Palace Cross. I was promised a vehicle in 3 months. Right now, after a series of calls and threatening to withdraw the booking unless given a firm commitment, i've been given April as the month of delivery.

The sales guy did say I might get the car in March but would'nt commit on it because VW is rumored to increase capacity for the HighLine. Apparently this delay is only prevalent for the highline, the trendlines are available for immediate sale which seems contrary to the supply-demand rule.

I'm thinking of switching to a Cruze although I don't much care for the interiors. Contrary to popular opinion there is'nt much choice in the Diesel C segment. The Jetta is up for a model change, the Cruze has lousy build quality, the Corolla is underpowered, the Linea suffers from the Cruze affliction and I just can't buy a Skoda again.

Any idea when the Fluence may be out?
Old 8th February 2011, 23:11   #21
BHPian

I had booked my TDI HL on 27th Oct. Pre-sales experience so far had been pathetic with Elite motors, Bangalore. Its not about the delay that I am concerned about, but the attitude of the dealer.

Current status - One guy there say that I will get the car this month. Another one says not this or next month. I have asked for a red. They are undecided on that too - System shows black!!. I still don't have a clue!!
Old 9th February 2011, 07:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manavdotcom View Post
As of now looking at other options. Verna guy told, no new Verna in near future ! Whatever is coming is replacement of Elantra and the cost will. be on higher side.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ing-india.html

Forgot the sales person, even I doubt whether his boss would have an idea on whats going within Hyundai unless he follows this thread at TBHP
Old 9th February 2011, 10:55   #23
BHPian

Update is yesterday my dealer says allotment for Feb is still not out. He gave me the number of the Sales Head for West of VW - some Ravi. Tried his number twice but nobody picked up. The saga continues...
Old 9th February 2011, 11:09   #24
BHPian

Latest news from VW palace cross: they are getting some cars by this month end. According to the dealer they MIGHT be able to deliver the vehicles to the bookings done till mid October 2010
Old 9th February 2011, 11:30   #25
Team-BHP Support

Hope they dont close bookings for Vento like for Fortuner!
Looks like the way its going, it might even happen!
Old 9th February 2011, 11:36   #26
BHPian

They are not closing the bookings for Vento highline, I asked them. But all new bookings are with the disclaimer that it would take 5-6 months for delivery
Old 9th February 2011, 11:54   #27
BHPian

Six to seven months waiting for the Diesel here in Cochin, according to the dealer while I scouted for a set of wheels for my wifey. Petrol version available almost immediately. He even offered a silver automatic one off the shelf. The Diesel has around 350 bookings in Cochin itself.
Old 9th February 2011, 12:55   #28
Senior - BHPian

The showroom manager in Vadodara, Gujarat says a week or less for Vento highline petrol - silver color. For other colors 10-15 days. He said if we booked the same day, 30th jan, we can get ready delivery of black or silver vento highline petrol.

For diesel he said, VW is planning to stop its diesel production as they have got problems in engine and are recalling the once sold and new ones are being modified for the problems faced. The manager didn't mention what problems but he said no deliveries for next 6 months for diesel. I don't know how true this is, but since its coming from the showroom manager, i think there is some value in what he says.

The dealer themselves have introduced a comfortline model in petrol version with some accessories thrown in for a good price differentiator. Features included were cosmetic like body color handles and mirror, audio system, better upholstery and then some more.They didn't even mention this, but through t-bhp i knew Vento comes in 2 variant only, so i asked them explicitly and he accepted what they have done.

The Petrol highline costs Rs. 9,25,000 on road and no discount. The city s cost Rs. 9,70,000 on road and are giving Rs. 40,000 discount.

The dealer experience was not that good too. The salesperson - specifically appointed for Vento was not too good. I told him honda city has safety features even on the base version which the vento doesn't have to which he started arguing that honda city doesn't have it on base version and had the guts to tell me to go to honda showroom and check for myself. I told him to go and check himself, he went to the desk and comes back and says, i am damn sure honda city base version doesn't have it and adds, vento doesn't need to have safety features because it has torsion beam in front and sides to protect. Then i told him why does highline have safety features - abs and airbags. Is it that trendline owners won't go fast and they won't need it and that the torsion beam is missing in highline? He went silent and I couldn't help but laugh(inside me) at his ignorance.

The test drive was good but there was some things which the guy didn't mention explicitly like controls are different opposed to what maruti, hyundai, honda has, and if the car stops in between, have to rotate the key back and start again which i understand is for crank protection. Even the interiors felt none too premium especially after sitting in polo since both share same interior parts. Didn't felt like spending 9 lakh rupees for a car that shares interior with a 6 lakh car and looks the same. They could have made some noticeable differences say like city and jazz has. Loved the rear ac vents but didn't like the sloping roof at back as there was very less gap between my head and rood. A small bump is all that's needed to hit my head against roof.

p.s: Just my opinion, no offence to owners and sorry for long post.

Last edited by chevelle : 9th February 2011 at 13:09.
Old 9th February 2011, 14:16   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
For diesel he said, VW is planning to stop its diesel production as they have got problems in engine and are recalling the once sold and new ones are being modified for the problems faced. The manager didn't mention what problems but he said no deliveries for next 6 months for diesel. I don't know how true this is, but since its coming from the showroom manager, i think there is some value in what he says.

The test drive was good but there was some things which the guy didn't mention explicitly like controls are different opposed to what maruti, hyundai, honda has, and if the car stops in between, have to rotate the key back and start again which i understand is for crank protection. Even the interiors felt none too premium especially after sitting in polo since both share same interior parts. Didn't felt like spending 9 lakh rupees for a car that shares interior with a 6 lakh car and looks the same. They could have made some noticeable differences say like city and jazz has. Loved the rear ac vents but didn't like the sloping roof at back as there was very less gap between my head and rood. A small bump is all that's needed to hit my head against roof.

p.s: Just my opinion, no offence to owners and sorry for long post.
I think the dealer wants to sell his stock of Trendlines, as the news given by him that VW is recalling all diesel ventos, or VW is stopping the diesel vento production is totally absurd. There is no such news, not that we know of. Also none of the Diesel vento owners have been contacted by the company till now, recalling their vehicles.

As far as the opposite controls, well all the left hand drive vehicles generally have controls in the opposite sides for indicators and wipers, if you drive a Ford, the story is the same there as well.

For rotating the full key thing, this is a feature, which is also present in ford cars. But is this a deal breaker ? Its just a matter of getting used to the new style of controls etc. Polo and Vento share a lot of parts, this is to minimize the costs, and in the long run this would minimize the maintainence costs as well as the parts would cost less..
Old 9th February 2011, 14:28   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I think the dealer wants to sell his stock of Trendlines, as the news given by him that VW is recalling all diesel ventos, or VW is stopping the diesel vento production is totally absurd. There is no such news, not that we know of. Also none of the Diesel vento owners have been contacted by the company till now, recalling their vehicles.

As far as the opposite controls, well all the left hand drive vehicles generally have controls in the opposite sides for indicators and wipers, if you drive a Ford, the story is the same there as well.

For rotating the full key thing, this is a feature, which is also present in ford cars. But is this a deal breaker ? Polo and Vento share a lot of parts, this is to minimize the costs, and in the long run this would minimize the maintainence costs as well as the parts would cost less..
For petrol, he stated about highlines and not trendlines since we were interested in highline only. Trendline is total no-no. On second thoughts, i now think he was trying to give us 2010 models. Should have checked the car he was trying to make a sale to know the truth. My bad

I wouldn't know much about diesel vento. I just shared what i am told. As such we don't want a diesel due to very less running. I think he was just saying this so that we don't book a diesel with them.

For controls and key rotation, i was just pointing out what the sales person should have made us aware especially of crank protection. And no, its not a deal breaker. Just a point. I am sure one can get used to. I think GM and Ford also have similar controls.

As for maintenance, while i won't comment on spare parts price, he did mention about service charge. As per him, a normal service will cost around Rs. 6000. He said there are no free services, from the very first service we will be paying approx Rs 6000 give or take a few. Then he said 3rd service onwards it would be upwards of Rs. 8000. I think intervals are 10,000 kms for petrol.

I saw a couple of vento's on road and on first look i always think, looks like a polo and when it passes by seeing the boot it registers in mind that its a vento. I haven't faced same problem with punto/linea, jazz/city.

Last edited by chevelle : 9th February 2011 at 14:32.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks