Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2011, 13:13   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Yesterday I've visited VW palace cross and they've quoted a waiting period of 6-7 months for Vento HL TDI(Any color).
Do anyone know the waiting period in Downtown & Elite motors for the same model?
Old 10th May 2011, 13:25   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Elite quotes a waiting period of 3-4 months for the Vento HL TDI.

Cheers!
Old 10th May 2011, 13:36   #168
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post

Sundaram guy was all along telling me that delivery for the diesel top end can be managed in 2 months. When I wanted to book one, he says diesel variant will take 8 months :(

The other dealer promised me to send the scanned copy of spares list via email..every time he reconfirms the ID, but never sent one.
My friend got his Vento TDi HL in 3 weeks flat through TVS Mount Road. Funny thing is he didn't push at all. 8 Months is BS.

I'm really interested to see the spare parts price list. My friend paid Rs.1500 (1200 for parts + Rs.300 for labour) for the Vento mud guards.
Old 10th May 2011, 15:12   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
My friend got his Vento TDi HL in 3 weeks flat through TVS Mount Road. Funny thing is he didn't push at all. 8 Months is BS.

I'm really interested to see the spare parts price list. My friend paid Rs.1500 (1200 for parts + Rs.300 for labour) for the Vento mud guards.
I paid 1500 for mud guards as well.

but as ventoman tells, the spare parts cost is not very high, it is at par with the other manufacturers
Old 10th May 2011, 17:20   #170
BHPian

I thought VW had sorted out the supply chain issues and delivery delays are a thing of the past - I received my TDI HL precisely in a month and a half after booking. Sad to hear such long quotes for the waiting period - the delivery horrors appear to have made a glorious return :(. I can understand the problems of Japanese car makers given the situation prevalent in the parent country but what's happening with VW is kind of inexplicable.

Last edited by sith_lord : 10th May 2011 at 17:37.
Old 10th May 2011, 20:56   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Surprise - Looks like the delivery schedules in Chennai arent getting any better. I had booked mine the first week of March and i got an update that it will atleast be another couple of months before i can get mine. As another gentlemen has mentioned above, bookings in the month of November are being currently delivered. .
Where did you made your booking? TVS or ARAS?

kiku007's friend got in 3 weeks flat ....should be the quickest delivered VW TDI HL vehicle. Checked with both the vendors, only to be told the same story of 8 months (but they say it can be pushed to 4 months)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post

One thing that puts me off is none of them is showing interest to share their spare list prices. But I have not tried this with any other manufacturer as well, hence cannot put VW down. But the guy says, its easier for them to share, if I decide to drop in to their showroom. Will try to be there within this week
Old 10th May 2011, 21:12   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One thing that puts me off is none of them is showing interest to share their spare list prices. But I have not tried this with any other manufacturer as well, hence cannot put VW down. But the guy says, its easier for them to share, if I decide to drop in to their showroom. Will try to be there within this week
+1. The TVS MR guys were not even ready to give a TD car even after the car was alloted. So expecting a spare parts price list is well, you know . The updated ACI Spare Parts comparison report is the best we can wait for I guess

The TVS Mount Road guys officialy opened only on 8th Apr (Deliveries started even before that I believe) and they said since they were new they were able to get more cars and deliver quick. How much of this is true, I don't know. Inniyan is the Sales Rep. Perhaps try talking to him.
kiku007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2011, 23:36   #173
Senior - BHPian

I booked it through Abra Motors (T nagar) on 1st week of March. When i enquired last week, I was told that currently the November bookings are being delivered and it may be a couple of months or even more for me to get mine. I booked a white TDI HL. As Kiku has mentioned above, it may be just a case of sheer luck that his friend managed to get his in a very short time!

Another thing i noticed in the sales thread is, last month there were more dealer dispatches of polo compared to vento. This was the reverse case during the sales report for the month of march and hence the increased optimism that delivery times will be quickened based on the production numbers. Now, that it has been reduced once again, the quoted times are again on the rise. I could see advertisements in news papers that waiting period is very minimal now for polo here in chennai which kind of confirms my above theory.

Quote:
Where did you made your booking? TVS or ARAS?

kiku007's friend got in 3 weeks flat ....should be the quickest delivered VW TDI HL vehicle. Checked with both the vendors, only to be told the same story of 8 months (but they say it can be pushed to 4 months)
Old 11th May 2011, 07:37   #174
BHPian

^^^ Hmmm. This ad in today's Bangalore times seems to match your information. VW Downtown are actually claiming to have minimal waiting periods for the Polo, at least for the corporates and fleet operators.

What about the general public?
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery-ad0310606.png  

Old 11th May 2011, 08:41   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch
^^^ Hmmm. This ad in today's Bangalore times seems to match your information. VW Downtown are actually claiming to have minimal waiting periods for the Polo, at least for the corporates and fleet operators.

What about the general public?
99% of what may be beyond anyone's imagination. Its sad that the sickening waiting period is also part of their marketing strategy.
Old 11th May 2011, 10:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Its sad that the sickening waiting period is also part of their marketing strategy.
Iam surprised even today there is a waiting period for Dzire and swift diesel....Is that to create an impression that more people are buying & hence the delay in delivery, which kind of translate to more people rushing in to be part of that crowd or will there be some other real constraint from the production side

We could see lots of people in our forum opting out due to delayed deliveries. In fact, if Vento is supplied in a reasonable time frame, by now, I could have owned one. But delivery time frames of 8 months, slowed down me a lot & now with VERNA's pricing almost out, Iam sliding towards it. Hope Hyundai don't follow the same strategy

Bala: Verna's tentative pricing is out...shortly prices will be out from the manufacturers side itself...Hope alteast this will push VW to better their delivery time frames

Looking forward for a Vento vs Verna thread in what car section
Old 11th May 2011, 10:41   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Iam surprised even today there is a waiting period for Dzire and swift diesel....Is that to create an impression that more people are buying & hence the delay in delivery, which kind of translate to more people rushing in to be part of that crowd or will there be some other real constraint from the production side
Thats sadly the truth. I know a lot of folks who still believe that waiting period means, the vehicle is on demand and bought by many. A typical herd mentality I would say.
Old 11th May 2011, 11:11   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
I paid 1500 for mud guards as well.

but as ventoman tells, the spare parts cost is not very high, it is at par with the other manufacturers
I think the price is quite high. Punto and Linea mud guards cost 600 odd Rs. When I fitted the mudguards for my Punto I was only charged for the mud guards, no labour cost.

I don't know about other cars, but I'm sure they must not be exceeding 1000 Rs.
Old 13th May 2011, 00:49   #179
Senior - BHPian

I wish what you say comes true. I was seriously interested in picking up the verna till the moment I learnt the top end diesel is atleast a lakh and half costly than vento OTR chennai. Its too much of a stretch I just couldn't afford and hence I'm back to square one. keeping my fingers crossed to see how next month sales figures are going to span out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise

Bala: Verna's tentative pricing is out...shortly prices will be out from the manufacturers side itself...Hope alteast this will push VW to better their delivery time frames

Looking forward for a Vento vs Verna thread in what car section
Old 17th May 2011, 17:59   #180
BHPian

Called two VW dealerships here in Chennai for a testdrive today both of them did not have test drive cars for the diesel, shocking.
The TVS guys said there is a minimum waiting list for 5 months hence no Test drive.
Then called the mountroad guys an asked them for a testdrive and their reply was 7 months waiting will call u back. Real sad.
xtremeshock is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks