Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:12   #151

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I have booked with Vidyut. I have booked on 5th Feb. They asked me to call them end of April. But seeing the posts I think I have to pay a visit this weekend. They do have some sort of tracking sheet since I have been told that I am 4th in the queue for Shadow Blue.
Well thanks to TBhp!!! I was after them once i booked the car. Actually i found the system very ineffective. I mean how vague it is to say that the car you booked would roughly take 3 to 4 months to deliver. Even that was said with a lot of skepticism. The thing which really turned me mad was the expressions of the staff. Whenever we interacted with anybody, we were always asked which model did we book. The moment i answered diesel, their face went 'off'. It was like a quiet smirk inside them which subtly said "You have a long way to go". Anyways I was determined to get an answer from them. So kept calling the Sales Rep, for whom i really felt. The guy is good, always responded to my calls, kept me informed with whatever meager information he had. But, I had decided not to give up. I wanted a written commitment. And I had it. Finally, after numerous calls and mails to VW care, their sales manager sent us a mail confirming that the delivery would happen next month (may).
Old 23rd April 2011, 22:47   #152
BHPian

Update: My Shadow Blue TDI HL got registered today and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Total waiting time has been 47 days. This could have reduced at least by a week had the SR tending to me not quit VW Downtown - the car seems to have arrived at the stockyard more than 10 days ago.

BTW, due to the half-percent increase in the VAT starting this month, I was asked to pay about 4.5K more than the quote they gave me when I booked.
Old 25th April 2011, 20:42   #153

@sith_lord: Congrats !!!!
Waiting eagerly for ownership review. Is there any new upgrade in the new models. Heard that VW is working on upgrades of Music System + Locking mech + additional accessories. Could you please also tell us the OTR. Any freebies?? and planned upgrades (by you)
Old 27th April 2011, 18:05   #154
BHPian

Thanks @vwwrit. I finally picked it up on Sunday, driving has been fun since then. I have also been a bit more careful than usual with my driving, should be even more fun once the learning curve is breached.

Final OTR (excl insurance) - 10.73L, after 16K corporate discount. Compared to the quote which I was given last month, I paid about 6K more. It turns out, even the road tax went up in this FY, besides the 0.5% increase in VAT. Basically, the cess on the road tax is 11% now, it was 10% before; overall the road tax went up from 15.4% to 15.54% after this hike.
Old 28th April 2011, 12:54   #155
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sith_lord View Post
Thanks @vwwrit. I finally picked it up on Sunday, driving has been fun since then. I have also been a bit more careful than usual with my driving, should be even more fun once the learning curve is breached.

Final OTR (excl insurance) - 10.73L, after 16K corporate discount. Compared to the quote which I was given last month, I paid about 6K more. It turns out, even the road tax went up in this FY, besides the 0.5% increase in VAT. Basically, the cess on the road tax is 11% now, it was 10% before; overall the road tax went up from 15.4% to 15.54% after this hike.
Congrats Sith!
A request to you. Please start off your ownership thread soon with loads of pics. I havent been able to see much of the blue beauty in any threads. I am head over heels in love with this specific color.

Abhi
Old 28th April 2011, 14:44   #156
Senior - BHPian

We booked a Vento on monday.
They were saying 2 months for black and 3 months for blue.
Opted for black.
No Disc/Freebies given. :(
Old 28th April 2011, 15:18   #157
BHPian

Thanks @e46, I will post a report by the weekend and yes, Blue looks awesome on Vento.

Congratulations @cityvic! Black is a good choice too. Sadly, no freebies. May be Verna, whose launch is coming up early next month, will change that. Did you get the corporate discount?
Old 4th May 2011, 08:59   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
We booked a Vento on monday.
They were saying 2 months for black and 3 months for blue.
Opted for black.
No Disc/Freebies given. :(
Is this for petrol or diesel version?
=
I liked the looks of Vento a lot. After almost 1.5 months of "will bring the car for test drive in 2-3 days, sir" saga, did the test drive last week. That too after requesting for a test drive in VW website.

Sundaram guy was all along telling me that delivery for the diesel top end can be managed in 2 months. When I wanted to book one, he says diesel variant will take 8 months :(

The other dealer promised me to send the scanned copy of spares list via email..every time he reconfirms the ID, but never sent one.

7 more days to go for Verna pricing.
Old 4th May 2011, 09:32   #159
BHPian

Well my shadow Blue was to be delivered today. I complete all the formalities yesterday. The sales manager called up and said that they had not yet received the car in their stock yard and there was some problem with the car to be dispatched. (I wonder if this is true). He gave me a choice for black or terra biege. I opted for black and I hope it will be delivered today. Vento TDI Highline Black. Well as a matter of fact I had already given my second choice of color as black but still Shadow Blue was my favorite. If I stuck to my guns it would be delayed by another month. So I will be taking on the black.
Old 4th May 2011, 11:12   #160
BHPian

had a follow up call with my sales executive at VW regarding my booking. He said they are currently delivering the cars booked in end nov 2010. They did not take booking in dec and just a few in Jan. I made the booking in end Jan and so says can expect the car by end May or early June.

Stated to him that there has been some out of turn allotments during last mont from VW coimbatore. He strongly denied it saying that it is not possible at all and asked me the customer name and date of delivery. Will have to get details and speek to him.

Heard of some AC (not working and has been so for one month as not able to repair) and ECU (no pick up untill 4000 rpm, ECU remap was done and is fine now) issues from couple of owners here in Coimbatore. Hope others have not had such issues.
Old 4th May 2011, 17:29   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
=
I liked the looks of Vento a lot. After almost 1.5 months of "will bring the car for test drive in 2-3 days, sir" saga, did the test drive last week. That too after requesting for a test drive in VW website.

Sundaram guy was all along telling me that delivery for the diesel top end can be managed in 2 months. When I wanted to book one, he says diesel variant will take 8 months :(

The other dealer promised me to send the scanned copy of spares list via email..every time he reconfirms the ID, but never sent one.

We booked a diesel.We mite take silver because it is ready.
Old 4th May 2011, 20:21   #162
Senior - BHPian

Surprise - Looks like the delivery schedules in Chennai arent getting any better. I had booked mine the first week of March and i got an update that it will atleast be another couple of months before i can get mine. As another gentlemen has mentioned above, bookings in the month of November are being currently delivered. I heard the allotment was again reduced last month - which can be verified from the April sales thread which reported low Vento numbers. I guess they are alternating between polo and vento numbers M-O-M to address the backlogs.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the hyundai launch too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
=

Old 5th May 2011, 09:16   #163
BHPian

Honda's supply chain woes (earthquake & tsunami) have added more demand for VW Vento!!!
Old 5th May 2011, 10:25   #164
BHPian

Two of my colleagues had booked Vento diesel in March. They got an update last week saying the delivery will take two more months. One of them has decided to cancel the booking & go for Verna diesel. If they continue with the same attitude, more & more people will opt for Verna/Fiesta.
Old 10th May 2011, 12:06   #165
BHPian

I went to Downtown VW to have a look at the Vento. I was quoted a delivery time of 4-6 months for the highline diesel. I said thanks but no thanks. I am definitely not going to wait 6 months for a Vento. Think New Verna is the only choice left (Wifey shot down the New fiesta since I already own one).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks