Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 14:49   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Delays and delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I wish what you say comes true. I was seriously interested in picking up the verna till the moment I learnt the top end diesel is atleast a lakh and half costly than vento OTR chennai. Its too much of a stretch I just couldn't afford and hence I'm back to square one. keeping my fingers crossed to see how next month sales figures are going to span out.
Bala, you can take a look at SX version, which has all the features of Vento Tdi Highline & falls in the similar price bracket. Infact it has more features than Highline (All disc/Bluetooth/Steering mounted Audio control...).

Also remember Fiesta launch is on 1st June 2011 (12 days to go). Atleast it would be first week of June 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Called two VW dealerships here in Chennai for a testdrive today both of them did not have test drive cars for the diesel, shocking.
The TVS guys said there is a minimum waiting list for 5 months hence no Test drive.
Then called the mountroad guys an asked them for a testdrive and their reply was 7 months waiting will call u back. Real sad.
Thanks you saved me a call to the dealer, which is to check from my end on any improvements

Last edited by Surprise : 19th May 2011 at 14:53.
Old 19th May 2011, 21:28   #182
BHPian

A quick update from a newbie to the forum. After reading about all the extended delays in Vento deliveries, I booked my VW Vento Highline TDI black from EVM motors in Cochin on April 15th , expecting a delivery sometime in July. It has got to be the quickest delivery ever in 45 days flat. The car was ready on 5th of May and the VIN says its an April 2011 model. Must commend an excellent co operation and service accorded to us by the dealership.
Old 20th May 2011, 14:57   #183
BHPian

Yesterday I visited the TVS Volkswagen showroom, the showroom looked real good and classy but was unfortunately filled with poor sales men, they couldn't care less if you bought a car from them or not. They don't have a Test drive vehicle for the Vento Diesel or the Passat Highline model, when inquired why they don't have a test drive vehicle they said "Sir its 5 months waiting period, you book the car then I'll see what I can do" Sheesh, I just walked away from there.
Old 20th May 2011, 17:04   #184
Senior - BHPian

The other dealer in chennai, Abra motors is no different and as i have read through various ownership threads, I dont think anyone here has a pleasent experience dealing with these morons!

OT - Surprise - Did you get your hands on a verna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremeshock View Post
Yesterday I visited the TVS Volkswagen showroom, the showroom looked real good and classy but was unfortunately filled with poor sales men, they couldn't care less if you bought a car from them or not. They don't have a Test drive vehicle for the Vento Diesel or the Passat Highline model, when inquired why they don't have a test drive vehicle they said "Sir its 5 months waiting period, you book the car then I'll see what I can do" Sheesh, I just walked away from there.
Old 20th May 2011, 23:09   #185
Senior - BHPian

I never had problems in TD'ing Vento. I did it twice. Both with ABRA Motors. One can walk in to their showroom to take a test drive.

TVS does not have any diesel test vehicle. They say the same story that vehicle is due for registration

Quote:
OT - Surprise - Did you get your hands on a verna?
I did drove Verna & somehow I never felt like owning it. I don't like the ultra super soft steering
Old 21st May 2011, 19:52   #186
Senior - BHPian

Whats with the new issue of chrome missing in a few areas of new deliveries ? It's kind of proven that the missing chrome is not an accident but a deliberate omission. If VW is sneaking in cost cuts that's bad !
Old 15th June 2011, 18:26   #187
BHPian

Finally, after exactly 3 months of booking, numerous mails to VW India and Germany and induced delays by the dealer, my Shadow Blue TDI HL is on its way! Will share the story in detail when I get my hands on it.
nileshch is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2011, 19:40   #188
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nileshch. There is no respite for the waiting periods in chennai though, with mine running sucessfully into the 4th month now. I was informed that the waiting list is sorted as per the colour choice and not the date of booking and hence there is a possibility that a person booking after you will get the delivery early, depending on the choice of colour. I was told that im in 11th position to get a white color TDI HL, depending on the consignment and number of cars received.

Black and white seems to be favorites here in chennai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Finally, after exactly 3 months of booking, numerous mails to VW India and Germany and induced delays by the dealer, my Shadow Blue TDI HL is on its way! Will share the story in detail when I get my hands on it.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 14:25   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations Nileshch. There is no respite for the waiting periods in chennai though, with mine running sucessfully into the 4th month now. I was informed that the waiting list is sorted as per the colour choice and not the date of booking and hence there is a possibility that a person booking after you will get the delivery early, depending on the choice of colour. I was told that im in 11th position to get a white color TDI HL, depending on the consignment and number of cars received.

Black and white seems to be favorites here in chennai.
Yes, that's true. The waiting list is as per the colour and variant. The dealer told me there are 4-5 more bookings of the Blue TDI HL at the showroom and I was at the top of the queue.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 14:30   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, that's true. The waiting list is as per the colour and variant. The dealer told me there are 4-5 more bookings of the Blue TDI HL at the showroom and I was at the top of the queue.
When is your car expected to be handed over to you ? After a thunderstorm of Ventos on TBHP , the user reviews section is begging a new entrant for days

All the best !
Old 16th June 2011, 14:34   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
When is your car expected to be handed over to you ? After a thunderstorm of Ventos on TBHP , the user reviews section is begging a new entrant for days

All the best !
Haha, yes, it was as if VW decided -- enough of Ventos, now let's focus on Polos for a while. I hope to get it by end of next week. I was told the billing at the plant has been done and it should be in transit.
Old 16th June 2011, 16:51   #192
Senior - BHPian

Just to check - Do you get a call when the car is alloted to you from the plant? Is it the dealer who makes this call?

Quote:
Haha, yes, it was as if VW decided -- enough of Ventos, now let's focus on Polos for a while. I hope to get it by end of next week. I was told the billing at the plant has been done and it should be in transit.
Old 16th June 2011, 18:16   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Just to check - Do you get a call when the car is alloted to you from the plant? Is it the dealer who makes this call?
The sales manager at the dealership called and told me about the allotment. I have not received any call from VW either for the confirmation of my booking or for the confirmation of allotment.

Last edited by nileshch : 16th June 2011 at 18:18.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2011, 20:16   #194
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Nileshch, thats what i was informed too. However few of our members reported receiving a call from VW during allotment process confirming the details/colour choice earlier. Looks like VW has discontinued this too alongwith few of the other nicer things they used to do to keep the customer interest going during the waiting period.

Quote:
The sales manager at the dealership called and told me about the allotment. I have not received any call from VW either for the confirmation of my booking or for the confirmation of allotment.
Old 20th June 2011, 16:53   #195
Senior - BHPian

Dear All - Can any of the vento owners give me some VW email ID's to which i can write to check the status of my order? If you cannot post it in the forum, please PM me, Thank you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks