Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 18:43   #181
BHPian

Hi,

can there not be a possibility to arrange for those track tyres on rent! If yes then it would be really great!

Also I was thinking, why not spare the last hour and a half say from 5 to 6:30 for a small 200m drag.. I am sure people would be interested. Just for fun, no timing required.. just for pure fun.

What say!!

Cheers
Shrey
Old 20th March 2009, 18:46   #182
BHPian

I second, It would be great if the track tyres could be rented
Old 20th March 2009, 18:54   #183
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I doubt we getting track tires on rent. For that they will have to call people from JK/MRF or one of the racing teams over to the track who have access to these tires.

And Shrey, we all understand that your Vtec is built for straight line. I suggest we leave this track day to go around corners? I (and I am sure a few others will support me) for sure would not want to sacrifice 1.5hrs of track time doing 1/8th mile drags.
Old 20th March 2009, 19:12   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I doubt we getting track tires on rent. For that they will have to call people from JK/MRF or one of the racing teams over to the track who have access to these tires.

And Shrey, we all understand that your Vtec is built for straight line. I suggest we leave this track day to go around corners? I (and I am sure a few others will support me) for sure would not want to sacrifice 1.5hrs of track time doing 1/8th mile drags.
I absolutely agree with this. Moreover i don't think they will let us have a drag race.
Old 20th March 2009, 20:22   #185
BHPian

Hey Rahul,

its nothing like that.. my car ain't all that fast and neither is it modded to that extent to be called just a straight line car. I just have a custom header and a HKS filter..

I was just suggesting.. If people aint interested, I'm okay with it..

But yeah, it would have been wonderfull to have the vtec do the rounds on track tyres, too bad we cant have them.

Vikram sir... just asking, technically what is the issue with us having the drags, has it something to do with the burning rubber at the start!!

Cheers
Shrey

Quote:

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 20th March 2009 at 20:24.
Old 20th March 2009, 20:40   #186
Senior - BHPian

guys instead of renting tyres why don't you just buy a second hand set works out cheaper also I don't see the worry in using your current tyres! Yes you will lose a little more of its life than usual but is that such a big deal?
Most of us have upgraded tyres and they are never put to the test on the streets, this is where you can actually see it perform.. Just my view end of they day your money your tyres your choice
Old 20th March 2009, 21:00   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
also I don't see the worry in using your current tyres!
Yup, if the track tyres aren't available, might as well use what we have. And if driven smoothly, you can make those tyres last.

I have 5 G3s, so i dont mind sacrificing the one on the front left. Can always make that a spare and use the remaining 4.

Shan2nu
Old 20th March 2009, 21:06   #188
Senior - BHPian

Two questions.

1:Is everyone driving together to the track,all 18 of us?
2:Are there going to be snakes at track?I mean that literally.
Old 20th March 2009, 21:58   #189
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
my car ain't all that fast and neither is it modded to that extent to be called just a straight line car. I just have a custom header and a HKS filter..
So you donated away the ECU, the intake manifold amongst other mods? I remember Ritesh telling me you car was similarly spec'd to his just before the Hyd drag.

Quote:
Vikram sir... just asking, technically what is the issue with us having the drags, has it something to do with the burning rubber at the start!!
Its nothing to do with burning rubber at the start. Its just that track guys prefer the track being used for what its meant to. Going round corners. To host a drag you need special permissions or need to rent the track out for a day, none of which we are going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
guys instead of renting tyres why don't you just buy a second hand set works out cheaper also I don't see the worry in using your current tyres! Yes you will lose a little more of its life than usual but is that such a big deal?
Honestly, from my experience I have noticed that if you stick to proper lines tire wear is actually not that bad. Not unless you drive like one Mr.Bangkokreturnwholovestodrivesideways..

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Two questions.

1:Is everyone driving together to the track,all 18 of us?
2:Are there going to be snakes at track?I mean that literally.
Not sure about the rest, but I might leave a day earlier as I have to go pick up my mom from a place closeby to Chennai.

Yes, during this time of the year, do expect snakes on track. Not ordinary ones, but 4ft+ king cobras. So all the photographers beware of those snakes tucked into the tires barriers.
Old 20th March 2009, 23:31   #190
BHPian

No da! I am still using the "Stock ECU", "Stock Intake" & the " Stock Cam".. didnt donate them!!! it was spec'd but not to Ritesh's but to Shan's car!!

~Shrey

Quote:
So you donated away the ECU, the intake manifold amongst other mods? I remember Ritesh telling me you car was similarly spec'd to his just before the Hyd drag.

Its nothing to do with burning rubber at the start. Its just that track guys prefer the track being used for what its meant to. Going round corners. To host a drag you need special permissions or need to rent the track out for a day, none of which we are going to do.

Old 21st March 2009, 00:01   #191
BHPian

Just wondering if we got a few good photographers amongst us. I bet there are. Would be nice to carry back a few good stills.

Talking about snakes, I once saw a cow crossing the track on the long loop during one of those off days when the only life around was the security guard, a bunch of us and the wildlife. I doubt if there was substantial fencing around at that point of time. Besides the long loop was not in much use at that point of the year. Ages back. And it was one hell of an adventure trip trying to dodge and keep off the bovine droppings. A nice beefy cow on the straight between c3 and c4 or c7 and c8 would be one Hell of a sight. Ain't it?

But i guess its changed a lot. Have not been there in 6 years though. Looking forward to it. Whoever thought of it. Hats off to you, and a bow to those who are making it happen. Thanks a lot. Great going
Old 21st March 2009, 00:27   #192
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, during this time of the year, do expect snakes on track. Not ordinary ones, but 4ft+ king cobras. So all the photographers beware of those snakes tucked into the tires barriers.
I hope you are not serious. But if there are .. man, very scary. I was at the last turn for the earlier track day to shoot Vikram's Gypsy.
Old 21st March 2009, 00:42   #193
Senior - BHPian

looks like not a lot of pictures gonna be taken this track day
Old 21st March 2009, 00:48   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We need to figure out a way to take Rudra & Riju with us. The more the merrier.
Old 21st March 2009, 01:08   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
I hope you are not serious. But if there are .. man, very scary. I was at the last turn for the earlier track day to shoot Vikram's Gypsy.
No! I am dead serious. One a single P&P day I almost ran over 4 cobras. Jay put one wheel on one of them. Most of them disappeared into the tires. The thing is in summer, its too hot. So these snakes take shelter in the cool inside the tires or in between them.

Quote:
You bet Amit ! So how about some cameras mounted on the dashboards of cars?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks