Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 15:38   #136
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
when we went we paid per car and we did swap cars.
Hhhmmm. Exactly what I was wondering too. Thanks for confirming Amit. Vikram, have you been hanging out with KF too much these days ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
IS this only for Cars or what? What about those of us who have twins and the like?
The bike session begins at 9am IIRC.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 19th March 2009 at 15:39.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:42   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Hhhmmm. Exactly what I was wondering too. Thanks for confirming Amit. Vikram, have you been hanging out with KF too much these days ?

The bike session begins at 9am IIRC.
Please - PLEASE - confirm me for the Bike session. if there is a separate thread for that - please point me to it.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:44   #138
BANNED

Quote:
Please - PLEASE - confirm me for the Bike session. if there is a separate thread for that - please point me to it.
You just have to land up on track at the specified time, sign a couple of forms and you can start burning rubber on track with your bike. Its as simple as that.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:47   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Hold on. No fees? No specific safety guidance for bikers? Not that I need that, but would I be the only bike on track? I see only cars having confirmed so far. Or is this session open for non-TBHP'ers from other MC clubs as well?
Old 19th March 2009, 15:50   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hold on. No fees? No specific safety guidance for bikers? Not that I need that, but would I be the only bike on track? I see only cars having confirmed so far. Or is this session open for non-TBHP'ers from other MC clubs as well?
There will be a few super bikes being tested by their owners. Once the track is open, it is open for anyone, AFAIK.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:51   #141
BANNED

Quote:
Red Liner, there is a fees but I am not too sure about the exact amount. I think its some 550 IIRC, but its better you check on it.

You will need a jacket, gloves, elbow and knee cap protective gear, helmet and thats about it. I doubt you will have any bikers from TBHP, so you will be riding with other bikers in the morning session from different groups. Why don't you take the contact details from Vikram and speak to Mr. Sehsadri?
Old 19th March 2009, 15:55   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

I am going to do just that. Vikram, if you are seeing this message please PM me Mr. Seshadri's details. However, if there are any bikers here who want to join me, you're welcome! Please write to me.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:02   #143
BANNED

Quote:
However, if there are any bikers here who want to join me, you're welcome! Please write to me.
Who is willing to lend me a bike? Tarul? Vijay? Getting really tempted now.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:13   #144
BHPian

Quote:
I am going to do just that. Vikram, if you are seeing this message please PM me Mr. Seshadri's details. However, if there are any bikers here who want to join me, you're welcome! Please write to me.

Hi Red liner, what bike you are going to use? when i used to practise(long back), they asked us to strip down some of the accessories like head light assembly, indicator etc. Its better to have tools with you.

Note: I'm not sure whats the current situation for bikers at MMSC.

Cheers,
L&S
Old 19th March 2009, 16:15   #145
Senior - BHPian

OK, I just got off the phone with Mr. Sheshadri. The session timings are from 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm. The session fees is Rs.1000 per car per driver. But they are ultimately going to end up charging us on a per car basis because they cannot monitor which driver did how many laps in which car. When I mentioned that there are a lot of new people with us he said that one car cannot have more than two drivers. So I guess that settles the problem of car & driver. Also for car drivers wearing shorts will not be allowed. You need to be in full length trousers with proper shoes.

For bikes it is Rs.400 per bike per rider for a session from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. For bikes you will need all riding safety gear as the risk is higher with a bike.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:19   #146
Senior - BHPian

Sounds like its going to be a fun weekend with quite some participation from Blore.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:23   #147
Senior - BHPian

Another point everyone forgot - please carry steelgrip tape to tape the headlights/taillights.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:33   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Hi Red liner, what bike you are going to use? when i used to practise(long back), they asked us to strip down some of the accessories like head light assembly, indicator etc. Its better to have tools with you.

Note: I'm not sure whats the current situation for bikers at MMSC.

Cheers,
L&S
I ride a Jawa twin with about 22-23 horses on tap. Nothing much to rave about, but its all I can afford, and I do very much want to take her dancing on the track. Mine is on a Jawa frame, so no indicators, no SRVM's nothing. I can take the headlight assy out in a jiffy. Its a nuts + bolts bike. Will get the stand's off as they will tend to scrape as I try and get a knee down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
OK, I just got off the phone with Mr. Sheshadri. The session timings are from 1:30 pm to 6:30 pm. The session fees is Rs.1000 per car per driver. But they are ultimately going to end up charging us on a per car basis because they cannot monitor which driver did how many laps in which car. When I mentioned that there are a lot of new people with us he said that one car cannot have more than two drivers. So I guess that settles the problem of car & driver. Also for car drivers wearing shorts will not be allowed. You need to be in full length trousers with proper shoes.

For bikes it is Rs.400 per bike per rider for a session from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm. For bikes you will need all riding safety gear as the risk is higher with a bike.
400 bucks is superb. Wish I could have done a track day when I had my S10. Khan - you're gonna have fun. Make sure you get your yellow devil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Who is willing to lend me a bike? Tarul? Vijay? Getting really tempted now.
Get yourself an good old school 2 stroke, and you're good to go. As far as I am concerned, its not the speed, its the thrill of getting a knee down.
Old 19th March 2009, 16:53   #149
BHPian

Guys, its OT but felt I should ask this.
My car is due for service in another 500kms.

Finish the service before the track day or after it ?
Nothing major except for spongy brakes and wife asking what I'm upto
Old 19th March 2009, 17:13   #150
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend finish service after the track day, but if brakes are spongy then attend to them before the track day.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks