Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Indian Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2009, 13:59   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
guys ,one small query , why are we calling it MMST , isnt it madras motor sports club , MMSC?
That would be my fault..It is MMSC
From Bangalore
1. vikram_d - Swift
2. reddream - ?
3. Khan_Sultan: Gypsy or Palio 1.6 S10
4. brraj: Elantra crdi (Spectator)
5. Binz-?
6. Rajiv + Seirra (binz's friends)-Swift
7. Siddartha - Skoda RS?
8. Team Race Dynamics - SX4 & Swift D
9. Shazikon - ikon or Swift
10. Psycho - Mercedes W124
11. Iceman91 - Baleno
12. Mclaren1885-baleno
13. Bhairav +1 - Spectator

From Chennai
1. Nitrous - Short Ratio Mistress
2. yzfrj - Zen(2000 carb) (Its slow I know, but please don't Boo me away guys)
3. Sathee46-Fiesta 1.6s

Last edited by binz : 19th March 2009 at 14:02.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:21   #122
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
also , was just checking wikimapia , are we doing the short loop or the full loop?
I guess that depends on how convincing Vikram is with the track manager. Normally we do the full loop, I wish the same continues this time too.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:30   #123
BHPian

full loop is 3.7 kms and short loop is 2.06 kms .
Old 19th March 2009, 14:44   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Hunh? I remember it always being per car. Unless they have changed the rules off lately.
They have changed it to per driver because multiple people end up driving the same car on track. Last time when we went there in December it was per driver.

Quote:
Are we doing the short loop or the full loop?
We will be doing the full (long) loop. Even last time they had given us an option. It was basically our choice. The full loop distance as already pointed by you is 3.7kms.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:53   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: Chennai annas how about a meet this Saturday? Vikram, John, nitrous?
PM me your number, MCl, we will work this out.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:53   #126
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
They have changed it to per driver because multiple people end up driving the same car on track. Last time when we went there in December it was per driver.
And how are they going to keep a tab on who drives what car? I mean are we going to have a band system? What if memo wants to TD my car for a lap or two? And if I want to drive his car? You dont expect people to cough up 1k just for a few laps. I think you should talk to the manager regarding this.

Often, we have had circumstances when other experienced track day goers have had to take the drivers seat to teach the newbies the lines or fine tune their skills in certain corners (for eg, I had one of the saloon class drivers drive my car to show me the errors I was making). This whole theory of being of help to others would be flawed if it was per driver.
Old 19th March 2009, 14:56   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And how are they going to keep a tab on who drives what car? I mean are we going to have a band system? What if memo wants to TD my car for a lap or two? And if I want to drive his car? You dont expect people to cough up 1k just for a few laps. I think you should talk to the manager regarding this.

Often, we have had circumstances when other experienced track day goers have had to take the drivers seat to teach the newbies the lines or fine tune their skills in certain corners (for eg, I had one of the saloon class drivers drive my car to show me the errors I was making). This whole theory of being of help to others would be flawed if it was per driver.
I know all this and agree with it too, but I have just conveyed what was told to me. I also think it should be per car. Let's see if we can do something about it once we are there.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:01   #128
BANNED

Quote:
I know all this and agree with it too, but I have just conveyed what was told to me. I also think it should be per car. Let's see if we can do something about it once we are there.
I think we should talk to the authorities about this issue well in hand and not wait till the last minute. I know a lot of us are coming to compare notes on each others rides and it would be a shame to end up not being able to do so. I suggest you put in a request to them and explain to them this issue. Knowing how co-operative the Chennai lads are, I am sure they should be able to help us out in some way.

Btw Vikram, who have you spoken to? Mr.Loganathan? Probably you should try contacting Farhan or get through to some higher authorities?
Old 19th March 2009, 15:06   #129
Senior - BHPian

I have spoken to Mr. Seshadri and will be talking to him again today in the evening for the final prices and other details. Will talk about this also.

Edit: Will talk to him first and then decide if we need any influence or not. Something tells me he would not object too much.

Last edited by vikram_d : 19th March 2009 at 15:12.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:10   #130
BANNED

Quote:
I have spoken to Mr. Seshadri and will be talking to him again today in the evening for the final prices and other details. Will talk about this also.
Just see if you can convey this request to Mr.Seshadri, if nothing put in a word if a car can be driven by a max of two drivers. If need be it I don't mind personally going and talking to them as I am in Chennai only till Monday. Do explain to him that we are old timers and have been coming to track since the inception of track days. I am sure he will help us, if not lets try using some influence .
Old 19th March 2009, 15:23   #131
Sha
BHPian

@Khan_Sultan- behind race track lot of offroading trails, if i remember there is biker track(dirt track) where offroading can be done.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:34   #132
Senior - BHPian

when we went we paid per car and we did swap cars.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:37   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
@Khan_Sultan- behind race track lot of offroading trails, if i remember there is biker track(dirt track) where offroading can be done.
If khan is coming along, maybe we can have a double bill. Have a kelambakkam off roading session on Sunday too.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
when we went we paid per car and we did swap cars.
I know and I pointed that out to him. He laughed and said there were only 3 cars on track.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:38   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

IS this only for Cars or what? What about those of us who have twins and the like?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks