Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 09:25   #151
KMT
BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from B

I for one am glad to see the back of that jerk.

I reckon Tiff and Jason do a much better job on 5th Gear.

No one is irreplaceable, he is just a TV presenter and it wont be long before the audience shifts to a different car show or TG with new ( ie non geriatric/non redneck) hosts.

Last edited by GTO : 12th May 2015 at 12:55. Reason: Typo
KMT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 11:51   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
I for one am glad to see the back of that jerk.

I reckon Tiff and Jason do a much better job on 5th Gear.

No one is irreplacable, he is just a TV presenter and it wont be long before the audience shifts to a different car show or TG with new ( ie non geriatric/non redneck) hosts.

Each to its own, but (most) friends and foes alike would understand he is much more then just the presenter.

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 14:11   #153
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from B

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMT View Post
No one is irreplacable, he is just a TV presenter
So true. TV shows have come and gone and there is always something else to fill the vacuum.

Johnny Carson’s late night had a wider audience (adjusted for penetration of TVs over the decades), CBS anchor Walter Cronkite was a far bigger personality and for years was consider the news anchor against which all other anchors are compared, and it was the same with Carson and late-night talk show hosts and these but two of them. I am sure if we Google we'll find many more.
Old 5th May 2015, 07:00   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the latest news circling the web.

Top Gear reportedly returning next spring with Philip Glenister, Jodie Kidd, Guy Martin

Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from BBC-1388460360544627539.jpg

Quote:
The Sunday Express is reporting Top Gear UK will return in the spring of 2016 with an entirely new cast.

It appears that BBC is in advanced negotiations with "Life on Mars" actor Philip Glenister, Channel 4 presenter Guy Martin and "Classic Car Show" presenter Jodie Kidd to take over Top Gear UK starting next spring. Even though BBC2's boss recently hinted James May and Richard Hammond could still be back, it now seems Top Gear will continue with a new cast.

According to Sunday Express, former Top Gear producer Andy Wilman was overhead mentioning these three names in a discussion with Jamiroquai singer Jay Kay while having launch a few days ago in Sussex. It is believed the show will return with series 23 in the spring of 2016, following the release of the remaining unaired three episodes which won't have any studio parts.
Courtesy - TGUK news

Last edited by naveen.raju : 5th May 2015 at 07:01.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 12:57   #155
Senior - BHPian

I just dont get the feeling a Christmas special in the wilderness with these three would be attractive enough for me to watch. They ought to try re-branding the show. Top Gear without the May, Hammond and Clarkson just doesnt sound the same.
Old 5th May 2015, 18:53   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
I just dont get the feeling a Christmas special in the wilderness with these three would be attractive enough for me to watch. They ought to try re-branding the show. Top Gear without the May, Hammond and Clarkson just doesnt sound the same.

I agree, but then lets face it Topgear has been around in many different formats before. You never can tell, other then it will be very different from the TG we have seen over the last years.

I dont know the two blokes, but Jodie Kidd is a serious petrol head, very knowledgable, drives classic car rallies. I believe she recently made a classic car program with former TG presenter Quentin Wilsson. Not sure if that has been aired yet. There will be millions of guys tuning in just to see Jodie!

She put one of the fastest lap records on the Star in a reasonably priced car too. This lady does know her cars and she knows how to drive. Not sure if that is enough to present a car show. But then a lot of people were complaining Top Gear wasn't so much about cars anymore. Maybe that will change.

Personally, Im not that interested in a car show, other then classic car shows, wheeler dealer etc. Will be interesting to see where the three boys and their producer end up.

Jeroen
Old 6th May 2015, 07:14   #157
Senior - BHPian

https://twitter.com/JeremyClarkson/s...54400623902720

A new car show? Is that Richard in the background?
Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from BBC-jeremy.jpg
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 07:26   #158
Senior - BHPian

Guy Martin is a frequent rider at Isle of Man TT and I have found it very difficult to follow his accent whenever he spoke in front of a camera.
Old 6th May 2015, 11:11   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Guy Martin is a frequent rider at Isle of Man TT and I have found it very difficult to follow his accent whenever he spoke in front of a camera.
I heard quite a lot of people telling that, personally I don't find that hard to follow his accent. Have you seen Speed with Guy Martin (Channel 4 TV), its a good series, will get to know more about him.
Old 7th May 2015, 07:53   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
Have you seen Speed with Guy Martin (Channel 4 TV), its a good series, will get to know more about him.
Not the whole thing, but only some bits of it when I was putting the thread for TT up. TG was all about 4 or more wheels. Wonder what Guy Martin will bring to the show. Lets see if its just a rumor. Will be interesting.
Old 13th May 2015, 06:59   #161
Distinguished - BHPian

Few teasers of the upcoming Clarkson, Hammond and May live Tour

Source - Youtube
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th May 2015, 10:34   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Few teasers of the upcoming Clarkson, Hammond and May live Tour
Thank goodness for that. Already it looks so promising.
Old 14th May 2015, 13:57   #163
BHPian

They should start a "Highway on my Plate" & "Man vs Food" mashup where the 3 set out on the road in beautiful cars, go to places and try food (remember spaghetti Bolognese aka ragu) and each of them challenges the other 2 in some sort of competition.
Will love seeing the 3 things I love all at once; good food, great cars and awesome landscapes!
Old 27th May 2015, 16:43   #164
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from BBC

Fans of the cult automotive show Top Gear UK were left devastated after the BBC confirmed that the show's veteran host Jeremy Clarkson was fired. Clarkson's co-hosts James May and Richard Hammond refused to continue shooting the show without him and the series came to an abrupt end earlier this year. The return of the series remains purely speculation for now, but fans in India can catch season 22 of the show on AXN.

Link to Team-BHP news article

Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from BBC-image002.jpg
Tushar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2015, 17:13   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Fans of the cult automotive show Top Gear UK were left devastated after the BBC confirmed that the show's veteran host Jeremy Clarkson was fired. ]

If you check this thread you might notice your info is a bit dated. Technically he wasn't fired by the way, but his contract wasn't renewed.

Jeroen
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks