Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 19:46   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson in the News again!!

The time has passed since Top Gear/Clarkson can survive while being part of BBC: that network has become too holy for its good.

In the best interests of the show, the Trio must consider moving on - out of BBC specifically, and restart as a new series - although admittedly it cannot be called Top Gear due to copyright. There must already be more than a few TV networks waiting for even a half chance to welcome them.
theMAG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2015, 21:20   #17
BHPian

clarkson says he may quit the bbc even if cleared by the bbc.... Could this be the end of TOP GEAR as we know it?
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...=facebook-post

Last edited by bullrun87 : 11th March 2015 at 21:32.
Old 11th March 2015, 22:21   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

For those who want JC re-instated, an online petition.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

I signed it three hours ago and it had 350.000 signatures. Now, three hours later it has already 450.000 signatures!

Jeroen
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 04:48   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Top Gear gives you a "lift" from the mundane. Add a garnish of naughtiness, wicked Brit humour and a lot of self deprecation along with superb locales and nice cars and to me, her is a formula for great enjoyment.

The BBC is being excessively politically correct and excessively "uptight" in my book, by suspending JC.

Its good to have a few irreverent rule breaking guys in this mundane, idiotic world where everyone takes themselves way too seriously!
Old 12th March 2015, 06:14   #20
Team-BHP Support

I kind of agree with the author in this article he has penned down.

Car Throttle - Why The BBC Would Be Completely Justified To Sack Jeremy Clarkson

Quote:
There’s a petition online to have Jeremy Clarkson reinstated. First of all, it’s kind of pointless, because the BBC already knows how popular he is and how unpopular the decision to sack him would be. But secondly, if you sign it, just think about the message you’re sending out: ‘If you’re famous enough or successful enough you can do whatever the hell you want and get away with it.’ Yeah, I don’t really want to be a part of that.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 06:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

BBC reports as under;
The Top Gear presenter, Jeremy Clarkson, faced a scrum of reporters as he left his flat in Kensington.
He joked that he would be "able to get to the Chelsea match tonight".
Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31837348
Old 12th March 2015, 07:03   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's what May had to say about the incident.

and as always this doesn't stop them from fooling around

Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from BBC-screenshot_2.jpg

Last edited by naveen.raju : 12th March 2015 at 07:09.
Old 12th March 2015, 11:52   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post

The BBC is being excessively politically correct and excessively "uptight" in my book, by suspending JC.
So if you punch a coworker, you should not face any consequences as long as you have public love!
tsk1979 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 12:38   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So if you punch a coworker, you should not face any consequences as long as you have public love!
We'll according to eyewitness on set,he didn't punch anyone.Just a scuffle with pushing and some exotic words.

Last edited by aim120 : 12th March 2015 at 12:40.
Old 12th March 2015, 13:19   #25
BHPian

Well, Top Gear without Clarkson will be like Two and a half men without Charlie Sheen.
JJ1991 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 13:35   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
For those who want JC re-instated, an online petition.

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-reinstate-jeremy-clarkson

I signed it three hours ago and it had 350.000 signatures. Now, three hours later it has already 450.000 signatures!

Jeroen
Thanks Jeroen, I signed it too and it's now at 665,000 signatures.

All BHPians who support this cantankerous but lovable old coot, please sign the petition.
Old 12th March 2015, 14:10   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ1991 View Post
Well, Top Gear without Clarkson will be like Two and a half men without Charlie Sheen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakhar1998 View Post
Honestly, Clarkson is an essential part of TopGear, and the producers should keep their egos aside and keep Top Gear running. Like Two and a Half Men without Charlie Sheen, Topgear without Clarkson will lose its sheen and fall down on its knees.
And Just like Two and a Half Men, Top Gear has gone on for too long with a lot of gimmicks.
I don't know if they are planning for Season 23 but it would be best if they laid the show to rest by airing the remaining episodes with or without Clarkson.

Last edited by Marauder : 12th March 2015 at 14:12.
Old 12th March 2015, 14:26   #28
BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer

Good riddance (even if temporary) to this obnoxious, pompous, racist jerk. He stopped being funny a long time ago, and the only surprising thing about this latest fracas is that it too this long to suspend him, despite a track record of bigoted and racist statements.

Surprised to see so many Indians sticking up for him despite it being clear that he views Asians and most colored people in general with the utmost contempt.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2015, 15:13   #29
BHPian

Topgear redefined car shows and if by chance better sense doesnt prevail on the BBC I think Jeremy may take the show to a competing channel and I think it would be even better because we watch it for the content and not for the name Topgear and to add to it I think the shows would be better because he wouldnt have the leftist minded Health and safety loving Beeb execs watching over him all the time.

As far as people calling topgear not serious journalism there is always an option to watch Chris Harris or Fifth Gear or Autocar or Evo Diaries or n such other Options.Topgear is one of a kind show which works because of the chemistry between the guys,the humour and the recklessness of it all.For people who are too sensitive dont watch it.Simple.Dont take what he says seriously because I doubt he actually takes himself seriously.

I think Clarkson will come out unscathed and stronger out of this latest fracas but what he does in future will have to be seen.

PS:If he takes his show elsewhere the show could be called Powerrrrrrrr...rings a bell doesnt it!
Old 12th March 2015, 15:43   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
...Surprised to see so many Indians sticking up for him despite it being clear that he views Asians and most colored people in general with the utmost contempt.
And here I was thinking Indians are the least racist people on the planet, aren't they!

All hullabaloo aside, is Jezza at fault for allegedly punching someone in the office? YES. Big. Fat. Yes.

Should the BBC sack Jezza? Nope. He is a broadcaster and journalist, unlike any other, and that alone is a huge thing IMO.

Not to mention most people watch Top Gear just because of Jezza. and there can be no Top Gear UK without Jezza.

No offence to folks who love Cap'n Slow & Hamster. I love 'em too.

But Jezza is Jezza. Then there is the cash-cow thingy. Enough has been said about that already.

But will the BBC sack Jezza? That's very interesting. I'd say that is extremely possible. 1st world nations don't take lightly to such cases of physical assault.

Last edited by sourav9385 : 12th March 2015 at 15:47.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks