Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 15:03   #106
BHPian

When T N Seshan (the great ex Chief Election Commissioner) was asked how can anybody replace him he said Sachin Tendulkar replaced Kapil Dev. That is somebody better than him will replace.

Let's hope somebody more witty & more compelling to watch replaces Jeremy & the trio.
Old 26th March 2015, 15:26   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Sad to see JC go. Though I enjoyed the antics, TG had started to feel a bit monotonous. Now that its more or less certain that the trio will exit the show, they should come up with something original and not restrict themselves to the current formula.

The world moves on a lot faster these days. Out of sight out of mind kinda thing.
Old 26th March 2015, 15:34   #108
BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from B

The man should've really seen it coming.

First of all, his habit of messing around with sensitive issues while being in a politically sensitive foreign country; I always knew it for sure, that it's gonna come bite him in the bum, someday.

Following that, physically assaulting a colleague, let alone a producer, was the final nail in his coffin. I think he pretty much deserved it. Every monkey needs to be taught a lesson, once in a while.

Now, don't get me wrong. I do not hate Jeremy Clarkson. In fact, I feel terrible for Richard Hammond and James May. For, the 2 have had to suffer because of the giant, on more than one instance.

Sad.
Old 26th March 2015, 16:11   #109
BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson in the News again!!

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd April 2015 at 15:25.
YaeJay is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th March 2015, 02:40   #110
BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from B

For people thinking Topgear will survive without the trio pls think again of the pathetic ratings of the show before it was rehashed by Clarkson,May and Hammond and Andy Wilman.

Forget anyone else stepping in his shoes I feel even May and Hammond are not even slightly close in getting the viewer to share the joys of driving the exotics he does.Look at May's review of the LaFerrari and Jeremy's review of the Enzo for perspective people.

Clarkson has this to say to people who feel they can better the show.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...r-magazine-bbc

Chris Harris who is hugely respected has this to say.

"Does TG work without Jeremy? Probably not. Does it work without Richard and James too – absolutely not. I think the BBC would be completely mad to try and maintain the same format with three new people, but I don’t doubt it will try. In the UK people are citing the example of a show called ‘Have I got News for you’ which lost its anchor, Angus Deayton, through some scandal, was then expected to die an immediate death, but which has flourished with a series of temporary guest hosts for a decade now – one of them, ironically, being Jeremy Clarkson.

But I think the TG format is much more invested in Jeremy, James and Richard than HIGNFY ever was Angus Deayton."

http://jalopnik.com/how-top-gear-mad...ars-1688464737

Truly end of an era and a sad day for petrolheads everywhere.Hoping that the trio get together soon and bring some motoring manna to all petrolheads.

Last edited by Ascari : 27th March 2015 at 02:43.
Old 27th March 2015, 06:21   #111
Senior - BHPian

A report says that the police had already initiated some action in their investigation on the incident.
link
Quote:
“We have already spoken to some people who were in the hotel at the time, but there are still others we need to speak to, who could help us to determine exactly what happened.
“Also, as is usual in these circumstances, we have made contact with Mr Tymon through his lawyers, to ask him to speak to us so we can ascertain how he wishes to pursue this matter.
“When these routine inquiries are completed, we will be able to assess whether or not further action needs to be taken from a police perspective.
This could, well be a turnaround if the findings of this investigation is contrary to the BBC's own.

Last edited by rajeev k : 27th March 2015 at 06:46.
Old 27th March 2015, 19:00   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

Calm down everybody, problem solved. A new host has been announced for TopGear. Jeremy eat your heart out!

Jeroen is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th March 2015, 21:44   #113
BHPian

^ Maybe one more show to watch. I don't think many of us would be complaining. He does seem to reveal himself. Lets all wish him good luck.
Old 27th March 2015, 22:58   #114
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Calm down everybody, problem solved. A new host has been announced for TopGear. Jeremy eat your heart out!
He actually has not ever been on the show, yeah?

Meantime, there's news coming in of a Russian TV channel asking them to host their show. They'll have the czar in the reasonably priced car!
And, in true musketeer fashion, James and Richard are looking to be set to jump ship. Good news!! Anyway.....
Old 28th March 2015, 07:03   #115
Senior - BHPian

The last TG episode of Jeremy Clarkson is now out. The whole thing is - of course - a parody video that takes split-second clips from the Top Gear archives and splices them together to form a comedy 'mashup'.
See this here
Quote:
Fans desperate to grab one last look at Jeremy Clarkson behind the wheel of a car as a Top Gear presenter have been granted their wish, thanks to a video that has emerged on YouTube which had gone viral.
In the 52 second clip, titled The Last Ever Top Gear, Clarkson appears to explain his recent sacking from the hit BBC motoring show. "I am a violent, stupid idiot - and aggressive as well," he seems to say. "I couldn't wait to punch the producer in the face ... and now, I have."

Last edited by rajeev k : 28th March 2015 at 07:08.
Old 28th March 2015, 07:10   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Toyota Pays Tribute to Jeremy Clarkson and Top Gear

Seeing all those make me want to watch all those episodes again.

Courtesy - carscoop
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2015, 22:59   #117
Team-BHP Support

The Jeremy Clarkson story

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-31907458
Old 30th March 2015, 08:37   #118
Senior - BHPian

It is now revealed that Clarkson will appear in the live shows as this is covered under a separate contract.
However, after he was dumped last week, organizers could be forced to rename it Clarkson, May and Hammond Live or MPH Live rather than Top Gear Live.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2015, 07:45   #119

Beware, April fool pranks are everywhere stating that BBC has reinstated Clasrkson!
Old 2nd April 2015, 07:14   #120
Senior - BHPian

JC said that, being sacked by the BBC was a ‘wake-up call’ as he joined host of celebrities backing climate change campaign.
From the news in https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/Guardian:
Quote:
Following what he described as a “dark night of the soul”, Clarkson said he hoped to “regain the trust of the British public” by dedicating his time and financial resources to sustainable energy, road safety and forging mutual understanding and tolerance between people of different cultures and religions.
He also said that, quote: “But there comes a time when a man’s got to ask himself what he really stands for. And for me, that’s sustainable energy, traffic calming and an end to xenophobia and prejudice.” :unquote

Last edited by rajeev k : 2nd April 2015 at 07:22.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks