Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2015, 08:14   #121
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from B

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
He also said that, quote: “But there comes a time when a man’s got to ask himself what he really stands for. And for me, that’s sustainable energy, traffic calming and an end to xenophobia and prejudice.” :unquote

And pigs might fly. There's one thing he wouldnt do and that is go soft in the head.

Do watch the video, as it is hilarious!

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...uel-divestment

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 2nd April 2015 at 08:22.
Jeroen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:09   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now released from B

And sure enough:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...chard-III.html

Jeroen

PS: I hope you did watch that video in my previous post. Its really very good!
Old 2nd April 2015, 12:59   #123
BHPian

The latest news is that Clarkson will be joining the U.S Top Gear show. Doesn't seem like an April Fools day joke to me. If it is true, and May & Hammond join him, I think a lot of people will be really happy

Source: http://http://www.carscoops.com/2015...o-top.html?m=1
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:02   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxster View Post
The latest news is that Clarkson will be joining the U.S Top Gear show. Doesn't seem like an April Fools day joke to me. If it is true, and May & Hammond join him, I think a lot of people will be really happy

Source: http://http://www.carscoops.com/2015...o-top.html?m=1

Doubt it. Clarksson doesnt like the USA at all and has said so many times.

We'll see
Old 2nd April 2015, 13:10   #125
Senior - BHPian

Maybe things will calm down...no Top Gear for a couple years until everyone forgets and the trio are back in the BBC to restart New Top Gear.
Old 2nd April 2015, 15:32   #126
GTO
Team-BHP Support

This could just be an opportunity for another news / production house with deep pockets. It is more or less confirmed that Hammond & May won't continue on with Top Gear. Someone else can team them up, let them do the same thing they've been doing and have millions in viewership overnight.

Who cares whether its called Top Gear or something else?! As long as the trio is together, they have guaranteed space on my television!
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:01   #127
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascari View Post
"Does TG work without Jeremy? Probably not. Does it work without Richard and James too – absolutely not. I think the BBC would be completely mad to try and maintain the same format with three new people, but I don’t doubt it will try.
Folks said the same about James Bond when Sean Connery played the role and then when Roger Moore played the role and then when Pierce Brosnan played the role and now we probably feel that no one can take the place of Daniel Craig.

Of course TG will not be the same - it may be better or it may be worse depending on ones point of view and the ability of it's hosts.

But as a petrol-head, you should have your answer when you assess whether you like Jeremy Clarkson or you like cars.
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:12   #128
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now releas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
But as a petrol-head, you should have your answer when you assess whether you like Jeremy Clarkson or you like cars.

From my daughter and her friends, three 24 year young ladies who enjoyed watching Topgear. Great show about these three old gits. Only thing, sometimes they tend to go on too a little much about cars.

Ive stopped watching TG as a car show a long time ago and watch it purely as entertainment. The cars as just props, necessary but not more than that. Factually, TG had zero impact on the automative industry or the car buying public as the boys pointed out repeatedly over the years.

Says it all, i like Jeremy Clarksson and cars. The two are not necessarily easily corrolated

Jeroen

Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 2nd April 2015 at 18:15.
Jeroen is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 18:41   #129
BANNED

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post

Says it all, i like Jeremy Clarksson and cars. The two are not necessarily easily corrolated
The only point to be answered here is whether one will stop watching TG because there is no Jeremy Clarkson.

That will give you the answer.
Old 2nd April 2015, 19:23   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The only point to be answered here is whether one will stop watching TG because there is no Jeremy Clarkson.

That will give you the answer.
I have no idea why that is a question at all, or what it says or what answer it is supposed to provide.

I will watch TG when it restarts, if I dont like it I will stop watching it, if I like it I will continue watching it.

I will watch wherever in whatever shape or format Jeremy Clarksson reappears on telly. if i like it I will continue watching it, if I dont like it I will stop watching it.

Neither TG or JC or anybody or anything has my attention perse, unless I enjoy watching it. neither TG or JC has shown to be able to keep my interest over the years. i did not hink much of Tg before the current JC era. JC has had a chat show which I thought was utterly pathetic. He made a few (war) documentaries which I did not think much of either.

I am not interested in TG, JC or cars perse, it all depends on whether I enjoy what I see. The name or the label is no quarantee whatever that I will enjoy it.

I like some cars but I have yet to hear JC say anthing meaningfull about any car. i enjoyed the way he talked about cars, but only in an entertaining way.

By and large I couldnt care less about any show about contemporay cars, because apart from the odd one I think they are utterly bland or rubbish, mostly both. Just transport pods. Mostly painted in a dull grey, white, or silver. There have been a few classic car programs I enjoy although much of what they say I dont agree with.

So im not sure what answer you are looking for?
Enjoy!
Jeroen

Last edited by Jeroen : 2nd April 2015 at 19:31.
Jeroen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 22:24   #131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now releas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
Factually, TG had zero impact on the automative industry or the car buying public as the boys pointed out repeatedly over the years.

Jeroen
I disagree that TG has/had no impact on Cars & their makers. If it was the case Elon Musk wouldn't have defended what happened at TG track with Tesla's roadster. McLaren or Ferrari wouldn't have denied racing their cars against Porsche.

But yes, I do agree that TG is/was more like an entertainment show with cars in it than a car show which is entertaining
Technocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2015, 23:36   #132
BHPian

BBC removes the trio from their website banner.
Quote:
Yesterday, Top Gear's UK website updated the top banner to remove all three presenters and replace them instead with a "Super Stig" — or rather a nondescript driver in a very reflective helmet.
Source
kraft.wagen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2015, 00:04   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Jeremy Clarkson suspended for allegedly punching a producer. EDIT- Now releas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I disagree that TG has/had no impact on Cars & their makers. If it was the case Elon Musk wouldn't have defended what happened at TG track with Tesla's roadster. McLaren or Ferrari wouldn't have denied racing their cars against Porsche.

But yes, I do agree that TG is/was more like an entertainment show with cars in it than a car show which is entertaining

The top gear wing on the koenigsegg!
Old 3rd April 2015, 12:52   #134
BHPian

I am a die hard follower of TG UK. I have every single season downloaded along with all their specials. Clarkson, (aka the orangutan) is my favorite TV presenter. No one comes even close to him. Was disappointed that BBC sacked him. But at the same time am glad that Hamster and Captain Slow have followed him. This means that the trio will DEFINITELY come back with a new show. Hope the Stig follows them also.

But the news of BBC sacking Clarkson did not disappoint me. The fact that the TG studio at Dunsfold was being cleared out left me sad. The reasonably priced car, the toybota, the indestructible Hilux all being towed away from the studio was indeed a sad sight. I will sorely miss his car classification chart, the track time chart and the huge Stig banner.

Some argue that he was foul mouthed, racist, hot tempered etc. He was a brilliant presenter and had a huge fan following, me being one of them. So I know the trio will be back with a bang next year with a more abusive, controversial and in your face feature presentation and BBC will be kicking themselves hard for letting him go!

His way of delivering the show is a pleasure to watch. In fact its more fun to see him being abusive and brash than to watch shows where the entire French empire bows down to ze Germans in WW2. And on that bombshell, #BBC!

PS: BBC stands for BRING BACK CLARKSON

Cheers!
Rohan
rjalihal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2015, 00:24   #135
BHPian

This post might never see the light, I feel the BBC just couldn't afford the trio. Try serving cold dinner to any of our top bollywood, tollywood or other wood heroes. Try serving cold dinner to support artists. It is the the job of the production manager.

Only people associated with movie production will know how things work.

Last edited by GTO : 4th April 2015 at 12:46. Reason: No public discussion on mod activities please
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks