Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2012, 11:56   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas

My take on this topic. This sport (if you can call it a sport anymore) is not about ethics at all. It's about the money involved. With the kind of money that is involved in this so called sport, people are bound to do unethical things to win and Ferrari did just that. It may have been unethical, but in my opinion it was not wrong as it was a tactical decision which was taken keeping ethics on the outside. I have said this earlier and will say it again. If I was Ferrari team boss, I would have done the same thing.

This reminds me of the 2005 US GP where Michelin brought the wrong tyres and none of their teams took part. Was that ethical, hell no it wasn't but I don't think it was wrong either because there was a safety aspect involved in it.

So in a nutshell, there are no clean teams or clean champions in F1. I guess being a little dirty helps teams and champions.

In any sport there are no ethics, only rules. If sportsmen started following ethics, then we wouldn't need rules or referees or umpires. Would we?

So in conclusion, what Ferrari did was not ethical, but in my opinion it was not wrong either.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2012, 12:23   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d
Snip .

This reminds me of the 2005 US GP where Michelin brought the wrong tyres and none of their teams took part. Was that ethical, hell no it wasn't but I don't think it was wrong either because there was a safety aspect involved in it.
Not a counterpoint,but the developed tyres were not able to cope with that turn,and the replacements flown in were the wrong spec.They didnt have any option other than to advise teams to not partcipate.

That was the most funny race ever, mostly cos of karthikeyan finish in the Jordan, even with just 6 cars..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks