Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2012, 02:20   #76
BHPian

Cowboy hats! Brilliant touch! COTA is here to stay!!

Hammy tharki! Flirting with the wild west lasses! Finally we see a smile appear on 'Nandos face!

Last edited by Harshal.Bhosale : 19th November 2012 at 02:37.
Old 19th November 2012, 02:28   #77
BHPian

Re: 2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas

Brilliant drive by hamilton. All three make an appearance for the first time on the podium.
Attached Images

Old 19th November 2012, 02:32   #78
BANNED

Amazing race, A well deserved P1 to Hamilton, and lovely drive to P2 by Vettel.

Alonso, well, he was gifted the P3- No respect

Michael Schumacher - no point driving that donkey around. Shameless to see, the team like Mercedes still developing their cars even after 3 seasons.
Old 19th November 2012, 02:40   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM
Shameless to see, the team like Mercedes still developing their cars even after 3 seasons.
Hammy needs to party hard tonight; bask in the glory of a win while he can - there's no certainty of one next year!
Old 19th November 2012, 02:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale

Hammy needs to party hard tonight; bask in the glory of a win while he can - there's no certainty of one next year!
Yeah, it looks like it. I'm very sad for Schumacher. Mercedes has been worse. I just hope Hamilton's entry changes the luck for the team.

Alonso still in contention. We'll have a great race in Brazil.
Old 19th November 2012, 02:52   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshal.Bhosale View Post
No doubt one of his best wins yet. Too bad he will be driven circles around by others next year in mercedes. That first lap chaos didnt really come though turned out to be the area of most actions.
Attached Images

Old 19th November 2012, 03:56   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_
Alonso still in contention. We'll have a great race in Brazil.
A great race expected indeed. We fight to the end. And consider the equation. Red Bull are fast, Ferrari are not. But otoh, Ferrari are reliable, Red Bull are not. And seeing Weber today and also considering the chance of wet weather as posted by someone earlier, I'd rather have the stable car (read prancing horse) under me if I wanted to fight for the championship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

That is because his car suffered from a terminal failure, something to do with the DRS.
Not DRS. Alternator+KERS gone bust. We can't have a 'terminal failure' with a DRS wing, can we? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001
I will say, he gave the lead himself to the hamilton
Well, we could thank apna Narain for that! He slowed Vettel down just before the corner to the back straight (turn 11), allowing Hammy to get that teensy bit closer to him in the DRS zone. Rest it was Hamilton making good use of the opportunity provided. Don't blame Seb, bro, I think he drove brilliantly! Especially, at the chequered flag, the gap between Lewis and Vettel was 0.675sec! He was closing in fast, piling on fastest lap after fastest lap.

Last edited by Harshal.Bhosale : 19th November 2012 at 04:19.
Old 19th November 2012, 04:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya116
No doubt one of his best wins yet. Too bad he will be driven circles around by others next year in mercedes. That first lap chaos didnt really come though turned out to be the area of most actions.
Whitmarsh having second thoughts about letting him go? ;-)

Yeah, had expected some fun from our "first lap nutcases", but they turned out to drive quite maturely. And Turn 1 @COTA has become one of my favorites. Coming full throttle, hard on the brakes, and the best part, the incline!

Sorry mods, post edit time expired. Request to merge back to back posts.

Last edited by Harshal.Bhosale : 19th November 2012 at 04:50.
Old 19th November 2012, 07:03   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm all ear to ear!!
Although I conked off and didn't see the race, but I'm gonna.
I think I won't watch the finale live either!
Awesome!!
Old 19th November 2012, 07:51   #85
BHPian

What a race. Got up at 12 to watch the race and the sleep stayed away till the end of interviews. Solid drive by Lewis on tires which could be pushed hard. For me the highlight of the race was this though. Happened when Lewis overtook Seb for the lead.

http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn....12/11/f1h5.gif
Old 19th November 2012, 08:44   #86
BANNED

Here are a few pics from my collection @ the race.

Apart from Vergne's end(What happened to him?), I also caught Timo Glock or Charles Pic going off the grass, the warm up lap and the driver's parade.

My favorite pic here is the one of the man cheering Hamilton, after he came around the track to us when he nabbed 1st from Vettel. The track went wild when the overtook happened, Alonso and Hamilton lovers, myself included, went absolute bonkers.

Apart from this, some interesting things I noticed was the abundance of Checo fans, it was ridiculous. They came in buses from Mexico and Mexican flags, cars with Mexican license plates were abundant everywhere. Some cars even had European license plates, how/why/what logic and explanation is beyond me.

Overall, it was a wonderful race, however, seeing the lack of true F1 fans was a bit disconcerting.

I asked a man clodded in McLaren attire where the DRS and KERS zones were, and in typical Texan accent he replied "the what thingy?"

As if that wasn't bad enough, some people started cheering Button when he accomplished the extraordinary task of overtaking De La Rosa and Karthikeyan at turn 6. I could only put my palm to my face at that moment .

Also, can anyone tell me which Bugatti Veyron it was I uploaded in the previous page ? It certainly did not appear to be a base model.

Apart from this, I believe the only way Alonso can realistically win Brazil is if Vettel does not finish, correct?
Attached Thumbnails
2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-alonso.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-dscf2848.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-hamiltonlead.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-hammyfans.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-heritageplanes.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-jensonheli.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-top3.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-vergnecrash2.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-vergnecrash.jpg  

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-warmup.jpg  

D33-PAC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 08:46   #87
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
For me the highlight of the race was this though. Happened when Lewis overtook Seb for the lead.

http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn....12/11/f1h5.gif
I was wondering who those two were !!??
Old 19th November 2012, 09:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

What a brilliant race!? Staying awake to watch the race was totally worth it

2012 F1 - Circuit of the Americas-213874.jpg

There was action everywhere on the track, the Maldo chase on Hulk was the best part for me. The 'Iron Man' as drivers call him gave Senna a super surprise.

One of those weekends I am very happy about a Mclaren win. Lewis drove a brilliant race, a very well deserved chase to victory. Lewis did spoil a RB party, if anyone can spoil their party in Brazil it will be this man! Its sad to see him go to Mercedes next year after watching the way the Mercedes cars were doing circles dreadfully slow!

Why was Vettel furious over the radio when Lewis passed him? Is he becoming another cry baby on the grid. Lol!

Luckily, Ferrari's strategy pays off. It was a wierd strategy but then they played it by the rule book. Alonso did it with a brilliant first lap. It was slap on the face comment to Ferrari by Massa when he told Ted on SkyF1 "They will never find a driver like me"

If anything can help Alonso win his title in Brazil, its that weak alternator on the RB cars. Hoping for another brilliant race in Brazil!

With a more cleaner track next year, Austin becomes one of the best new circuits Mr.Tilke has designed recently.

Last edited by anachronix : 19th November 2012 at 09:05. Reason: Added picture
anachronix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2012, 09:51   #89
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
Why was Vettel furious over the radio when Lewis passed him? Is he becoming another cry baby on the grid. Lol!

it was slap on the face comment to Ferrari by Massa when he told Ted on SkyF1 "They will never find a driver like me"
I did not hear about these at all, they sound very interesting. Any links ? Unfortunately we got sub-standard American commentator hosts for the track mega-TV coverage.
Old 19th November 2012, 09:56   #90
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent drive by both Hamilton and Vettel, almost 40seconds ahead of Alonso.

Perez - Yet to score after signing for McLaren. Pointless in 12 races this year. IMO Hulkenberg would have been a better bet for McLaren.
Mercedes - No scores since Singapore. Its going to be a big challenge for Hamilton next year.
2010 - Alonso was leading by 15 points over Vettel before the last race. But Vettel went on to win the championship. This time its other way around and Alonso has got a chance to take revenge.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks