Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2014, 01:08   #196
BHPian

re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Small update on Xuv,

While going to Goa few days back, again the clutch pedal went inside and refused to come out.I towed it to G3 Nerul and the CSC assembly was replaced and it was back in a couple of days.It was covered under warranty.This is the third clutch failure in less than 20,000 kms of running.

The gear shifts were notchy and hard,everytime while downshifting there was a huge thud especially in the first gear.They have replaced synchroniser in gear box and now the shifts are very smooth.

I hope there are no more visits to the service centre.

In this aspect the fortuner is built like a tank and at 48,000 kms there is not a single complaint or squeak in it.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 25th April 2014 at 01:10.
kedarwalke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 19:44   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Small update on Xuv,

While going to Goa few days back, again the clutch pedal went inside and refused to come out.I towed it to G3 Nerul and the CSC assembly was replaced and it was back in a couple of days.It was covered under warranty.This is the third clutch failure in less than 20,000 kms of running.
Do you have extended warranty? Because I feel repair cost after warranty is over will be quite steep.

Do enquire about the clutch cost and other consumables such as discs,pads etc.
Old 28th May 2014, 20:26   #198

Hi Kedar,
Have to change the tyres on my Xuv. Am planning on either the stock bridgestones (pretty satisfied with them, have clocked 60k & had only one puncture so far) or the Pirelli scorpion atr. would be a great help if you cud update ur ownership experience so far.

Tks
Sanju bedi
Old 2nd July 2014, 12:10   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean5545 View Post
Do you have extended warranty? Because I feel repair cost after warranty is over will be quite steep.

Do enquire about the clutch cost and other consumables such as discs,pads etc.
G3 has confirmed that they are in plans of introducing extended warranty for Xuv.I have already purchased Road side assistance with you hamesha for one year @2200.I feel its necessary because the car has broken down on many occasions midway.Will update about the extended warranty once I get to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanju Bedi View Post
Hi Kedar,
Have to change the tyres on my Xuv. Am planning on either the stock bridgestones (pretty satisfied with them, have clocked 60k & had only one puncture so far) or the Pirelli scorpion atr. would be a great help if you cud update ur ownership experience so far.

Tks
Sanju bedi
Sanju,the Pirelli's are doing a great job,good grip,low road noise and a softer comfortable ride.I say go for it!

Well the Xuv has clocked 85,000 kms today and drives really well now.There are visits to the service center for minor repairs,but everything is been taking care of by the chaps at G3!!
I had earlier planned to sell it once warranty is over in November(3 Years) but I will not get a good resale value since the ODO reads 85000 kms,moreover it runs really well now so I plan to keep it for another one year.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 2nd July 2014 at 12:12.
Old 28th September 2014, 00:48   #200
BHPian

Re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Ok guys,so Xuv has clocked 90,000kms as of date,no problems at all.
The Cheetah is getting better and reliable as it munches more miles.
Will buy the extended warranty for additional 2 years/150000km for approx 23K.Will update the thread with more pics shortly.
kedarwalke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 00:58   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Will buy the extended warranty for additional 2 years/150000km for approx 23K.Will update the thread with more pics shortly.
Keep going mate. BTW have you had any AC complaints with your XUV? Like the blower and compressor problems ?
Old 29th September 2014, 12:25   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordred View Post
Keep going mate. BTW have you had any AC complaints with your XUV? Like the blower and compressor problems ?
They have changed cooling coil some 20,000kms back,since then it is working fine.
Old 29th September 2014, 16:12   #203
BHPian

Quote:
They have changed cooling coil some 20,000kms back,since then it is working fine.
So prior to that you did face some issues? ASC told my friend that a major overhaul was needed for the compressor, and it was beyond repair or something like that. I had it sent to a local garage and the garage owner is also not optimistic that a recondition might solve the issue.
Old 7th October 2014, 10:49   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The gear shifts were notchy and hard,everytime while downshifting there was a huge thud especially in the first gear.They have replaced synchroniser in gear box and now the shifts are very smooth
My XUV (June 14, 8.5K Kms) is making a clicking sound when downshifting to 2nd gear randomly. I am not able to reproduce it always, hence the service centre guys keeps saying it is normal.

The sound is somewhat like the click fuel lid makes when you tighten it. Reading your comment about synchronizer I am worried if it is anything similar. Apart from this gear change is smooth.

When you faced this issue was it limited to one gear or for all gear changes?

Thanks.
Old 25th October 2014, 12:15   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kedar, I thoroughly enjoyed going through your voyage with XUV over the last three years. Your XUV is a real mile muncher. While I am writing this, it must be nearing the one tonne mark. Inspite of the initial and mid-life hiccups your XUV never seems to have disappointed you.

I am however missing the servicing details in this thread. Could you please elaborate what was done during the 40K, 60K and 80K services and what were the material and labor charges?

How long would you retain your XUV, if it continues to give you trouble free service?
Old 1st March 2015, 20:15   #206
BHPian

1,00,000 kms update

Yes , Xuv has clocked 1,00,000 kms today.Its been a joy ride and she is still performing well.Although there are a couple of issues which I will get sorted out with the service centre in couple of weeks.

I totally believe in this value for money product from Mahindra and I plan to keep it for another two years.

Will update the thread with pics in a few days.

P.S. I have picked up a F30 sportsline last week,review will be up shortly.
kedarwalke is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st March 2015, 20:35   #207
Senior - BHPian

Re: 1,00,000 kms update

Quote:
Yes , Xuv has clocked 1,00,000 kms today.Its been a joy ride and she is still performing well.Although there are a couple of issues which I will get sorted out with the service centre in couple of weeks.

I totally believe in this value for money product from Mahindra and I plan to keep it for another two years.

Will update the thread with pics in a few days.

P.S. I have picked up a F30 sportsline last week,review will be up shortly.
Congrats on the milestone. Wishing you more miles before you sell of the XUV. I was speaking to the SM about the engine life of the XUV , he has a customer who has clocked around 2,50,000kms with just regular service and change of normal wear and tear parts. Engine and turbo untouched .

I am about to touch 20,000kms and so far no issues at all. Enjoying it.
Old 6th May 2015, 00:23   #208
BHPian

1,05,000 kms update

My daily ride is the fortuner and I had not sat in the XUV for quite some time,but for past one month I am using the XUV and I am extremly happy.My daily running is 100kms Goregao-Andheri-Vasai.Post 80,000 kms I have noticed that the Xuv is performing great.Various parts (Clutch,AC compressor,suspensions,infotainment etc)were replaced in the 40,000kms-70,000kms and after the replaced components,I have not faced any major issues till date,the Odometer stands at 1,05,000 kms today.

I dont know,inspite of having the fortuner and the new BMW 320d,this one has a special place in my heart.I dont care about the upcoming facelifted Xuv,but I am holding on to this at least for another year.
Long live Mahindra!
kedarwalke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2015, 12:32   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Small update on Xuv,

The gear shifts were notchy and hard,everytime while downshifting there was a huge thud especially in the first gear.They have replaced synchroniser in gear box and now the shifts are very smooth.
I had a similar problem and my xuv is with g3 motors.
Clutch was replaced under warranty at 23000 kms under warranty.
I bought extended warranty and my clutch has failed again at 70000 kms
This time they are asking for around 50k for the replacement and say that this will not come under warranty.
Kindly advise.
Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 14:19   #210
BHPian

Xuv is doing great and odometer stands at 1,15,000 kms today.
After major replacements,I have not faced any problem.

I have recently bought the camry Hybrid and new Jazz,hence selling the XUV
Let me know if anyone is intrested.
http://olx.in/item/mahindra-xuv-500-...y-IDVyMf1.html

Regs

Kedar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks