Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2011, 17:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenchhillar View Post
Thanks for this valuable suggestion. However, would like to know the "decent" brands available & for how much. I can get it from US (someone is coming from there in next month or so).
Thanks in advance.
I would suggest Pioneer Deq-P8000 which costs 450 USD (22,500 /- INR). for practicality and ease of repair. Pioneer already has DEQ-p7850 in india and P8000 is almost similar.

Depending on your budget, click THIS LINK for more audio processors, but please note that service in india will be a challenge. Also note that this is not available at any dealer like crutchfield, sonic electornics, Amazon ebay etc. It is available only at the pioneer website.
Old 14th November 2011, 18:23   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
Congrats! wish you thousands of safe and trouble free and fun filled miles!

the car looks fabulous in white!

I am almost decided on booking the XUV 500 but the ICE issue is almost a deal breaker for me.. as I intend to have a good ICE on my next car. and music is very important to me being a musician myself.

so I hope by installing good amps and powerful speakers and sub you get a good result. by the way how are the audio settings working... I mean if you play around the settings and adjust the Bass and Treble, can you achieve a decent sound, as in the bass and clarity, as the HU is going to be the same and only the speakers can be changed. also do let us know about the speakers and amps option you are getting which works and can be installed on the XUV without any issues. and also what deal are you getting on them.

also can you please tell about the vip number? how much does such a number cost?

there is also a mention by many people about the steering rod hitting the feet while turning. is it disturbing in any way? and also since you are used to driving and AT box, hows the driving experience in city traffic? do you need to change the gears frequently? as I was considering and had almost made up my mind on buying only an AT car as my next until the XUV showed up.

thanks and happy revving!
I am thinking of going in for sound processor and good set of components.Vip number costed me 50K.
I hit the steering rod only once,but its not a problem.City traffic driving is ok once you get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Wishing you a very Happy Birthday Kedar!

Hows the Satin White beast doing so far? Did you do the Goa trip or not? If yes, start a travelogue if you can.
Just back from Goa ,will put a detailed review and pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
I love the green colour that the XUV comes in but like some of the others the white is starting to grow on me. Loved the vehicle except for the reflective bit on the dash. Have you found any way to avoid that (besides the polaroids) ? Is it a problem in the nights?
The reflection is bad only during daytime,night there aint any.The polaroids is the only option.I installed the front 3m film for the windscreen hping that the reflection will go away but no luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Kedar: Very happy for you Sir, and such a pleasure to have three different colors on the forum. Waiting for your detailed review post the Goa Trip. Just two quick questions:

1. Manson mentioned in his review that the LEDs in front look impressive, but they are not daytime running lamps- DRLs. Whats the difference? I saw your pics and indeed the lamps are on during daytime without headlights being ON. Please elaborate if you can.

2. The sound quality on the stock ICE aint too great, its average IMHO, can this be changed at all using AMP and subwoofers and can you throw some details on whats your take on this aspect?

Happy Xuviing Bro! Its a stunner! maybe the camera has done more than enough justice to a not-so-photogenic car for once!
You can keep the leds on all the time with the switch.
The OEM HU is awesome ,but the sound is just average.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I wanted to ask the exact same question. Is there a separate control for operating the LEDs?

Kedar, please share your experience from the Goa drive. During TD, I found the ride to be slightly rough on not-so-good road at 10-15kmph speeds. What's your take?
Yes there is a swith setting to keep the leds on during daytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You can always go ahead and change the speakers to better comps and add an Amp and sub to it, it will improve the sound but not to great extent. For real ICE "kidda" people (like Me), you either need to change the HU to a better one, or play safe and add a sound processor to it.

As for me, i am adding a sound processor so that the warranty is not touched and i get to use the steering controls as well. Rest all speakers will be changed to comps and will add 2 amps and a sub (all already bought just waiting for the car).
Can you please elaborate on this ,I want to install good comps and a sub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipun dhingra View Post
Can u check whether the infotainment system play divx video files from a USB?
Yes most of the files are played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhileshgrover View Post
Kedar, what was the odo reading before starting the Goa trip. I plan to drive my W8 from Delhi to Bangalore after taking delivery and am concerned about engine run in. Did you maintain any specific speed limits up to certain kms? Can you please share a report of the trip?

Thanks,

Nikhil
ODO was at 350 Kms and now it is around 2200kms.I did maintain 100km/hr for a few hours then got tempted on the expressway and did 160-170
kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 15:01   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Goa-mum in 8hrs30mins....will reach home andpost the detailed review.overall xuvi was fantabulous!!
Waiting for the travellogue. Hope you have reached your base. I am eager to know how tiring / confortable teh XUV was ?
Old 15th November 2011, 15:37   #64
BHPian

So i started my first rendezvous with Xuvi from Mumbai to Goa on the 5th Nov at 0600 hrs.

I was travelling with 3 other family members.I folded the 3row and the luggage which went in was unbelievable.I have attached a pic of the same.

I chose the NH4 as NH17 was full of potholes.I thought of maintaing a run in till 1000kms,but then the moment I reached the expressway,hit the pedal and did 170km/hr.The car feels solid and has a very good road presence.But in comparison to my superb,when superb does 190km/hr you dont hear any noise inside the cabin and its very easy to control the superb at that speed,whereas in Xuvi I could hear a lot of road noise inside the cabin and the car was vibrating to some extent.Somehow did not feel safe,but at 120-140 km/hr she is a breeze to drive.

So the first issue was as I crossed Lonavla,the tyretronics gave an error for both the rear tyres.I checked the air pressure and it was ok 32 at the front and 30 at the rear.Then I called up my relationship manager and he said that there seem to be a problem in the sensor.It was very annoying to see the errror message on the infotainment screen every now and then.Strangely at lower speeds it didnt show the error.However will take her to the service ceter and get it sorted out.

On the highway the road presence is really supreme.There is minimal body roll on turns.The best part of the 2000kms drive was the feeling of the steering,its just makkhan.

The riding position is also very commendable,I did get a very clear view of the front and the back.The horn sounds very weak and I will change it to my superb type of a horn.

I have to admit that Our innova has a slight better suspension(just 5%) than the Xuvi.I found her to be bumpy on the pot holes,but its leap ahead from the Scorpio.

Second issue was when the front co passenger door refused to close.It was quite embarrassing that after several attempts the door just would not close.So I called up my RM again and he said he will arrange a service vehicle with the mechanic,boy and immediately i got a call from the Goa service on road team and they despatched their team to my hotel,in the mean time I checked again and all of a sudden the door got closed.I called up the Goa team and asked them not to come as the issue got sorted out on its own.I was quite impressed with their service network.But after a few days again the problem started and I spoke to the service manager in mumbai and he said that when I come to Mumbai he will change the door lock and get it sorted.

The infotainment system got hung a couple of times and then it worked flawlessly for the rest of the time.The time on the HU after setting numerous times shows weird time,it showed 70.68 hrs and stuff.And lastly the rear AC switch stopped working,although the rear ac was working it did'nt switch off though.I will take her to the service center and get the above issues sorted out and hope they dont pop up again.

The Pick up of the car is really remarkable.I could overtake all the Innovas,xylos and scorpios easily.Also the GPS was extremely accurate.it showed all the places and the routes.It is a boon when you go to alien places.
I will take her to the service center and get the above issues sorted out and hope they dont pop up again.

For me Xuvi fulfills all my requirements,although the electronics gave problem but I am sure they will be rectified.Moreover I think Xuvi was much comforatble and less tiring than my superb,since I do Mum-goa-Mum once every month in my superb.

I will take her to the service center and get the above issues sorted out and hope they dont pop up again.

From Mum-Goa the infotainment showed an average of 15kmpl,but when I did a tank full the average was 12.5Kmpl.On my Way back I did a tankfull before the Expressway and on reaching did a refuel agian and I got average of 13kmpl.Not bad at all with a new

Posting few pics of her in my farm house and enroute Goa...
Attached Thumbnails
1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3438.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3441.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3442.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3443.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3444.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3446.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3448.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3449.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3451.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3452.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3453.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3454.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3457.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3459.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3460.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3465.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3466.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3467.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3474.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4012.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4020.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_3472.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4021.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4023.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4024.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4025.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4026.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4035.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4032.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-img_4027.jpg  

kedarwalke is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th November 2011, 15:56   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So i started my first rendezvous with Xuvi from Mumbai to Goa on the 5th Nov at 0600 hrs.
That was excellent. It is nice to know that the XUV is comfortable, It is annoying to know that door did not close, but at least happy to know that M&M had helped. Just curious to know, 2 things - Would the Goa service station have knowledge on XUV mechanicals and secondly, assuming they came to your doorstep, would they have charged you for it ?

Got surprized at the way you stufed your XUV and happy it could take loads.
Old 15th November 2011, 16:09   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
That was excellent. It is nice to know that the XUV is comfortable, It is annoying to know that door did not close, but at least happy to know that M&M had helped. Just curious to know, 2 things - Would the Goa service station have knowledge on XUV mechanicals and secondly, assuming they came to your doorstep, would they have charged you for it ?

Got surprized at the way you stufed your XUV and happy it could take loads.
The Mumbai service manager told me that they wont be familiar with the xuv,so asked them to call him once they were here and he would instruct them over the phone.They said its all free of cost.
Old 15th November 2011, 17:05   #67
BHPian

Great to know that your Xuvi did a fantastic trip. 14 something kmpl is a great FE for a vehicle of this size before the first service! Look at the luggage you have packed in there!

So if it was less tiring than the Superb, considering that the Innova rides better and at speeds Xuvi vibrates a bit (compared to Superb), is it the butter smooth steering that gives less tiredness?! BTW, how was the AC?

Appreciate your honest urge to get things sorted out... Just kidding, please don't take it on the heart (Dil pe mat lena...)...
Attached Thumbnails
1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-iwill.jpg  

Last edited by devansn : 15th November 2011 at 17:07.
Old 15th November 2011, 22:34   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Posting few pics of her in my farm house and enroute Goa...
Loved the pics with the LEDs ON.

Dont you think that door lock & tyre pressure sensors going kaput in a brand new vehicle is not good?
Old 15th November 2011, 23:17   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004

Loved the pics with the LEDs ON.

Dont you think that door lock & tyre pressure sensors going kaput in a brand new vehicle is not good?
Agrred Raj.It is very annoying ,But I can live with it.And moreover if you want foolproof reliablity and luxurious features we should spend 60lacs and buy a audi q5 or bmw x3.

Moreover they were sending their service team and as promised they will replace the door lock and sensors.So I feel all izz well!!
Old 16th November 2011, 09:03   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agrred Raj.It is very annoying ,But I can live with it.And moreover if you want foolproof reliablity and luxurious features we should spend 60lacs and buy a audi q5 or bmw x3.

Moreover they were sending their service team and as promised they will replace the door lock and sensors.So I feel all izz well!!
I agree. Mahindra's service is improving it seems. If some minor issues are cropping up but the after sales support is good, then it wont be a big deal.

by the way, till now I thought silver is the worst colour in XUV followed by white. Looking at your car's pics, I am having second thoughts.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:12   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
I agree. Mahindra's service is improving it seems. If some minor issues are cropping up but the after sales support is good, then it wont be a big deal.

by the way, till now I thought silver is the worst colour in XUV followed by white. Looking at your car's pics, I am having second thoughts.
Yes their service and the one point relationship manager are doing a faboulous job.You have to see the white beast in flesh and you will fall in love with this colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
So if it was less tiring than the Superb, considering that the Innova rides better and at speeds Xuvi vibrates a bit (compared to Superb), is it the butter smooth steering that gives less tiredness?! BTW, how was the AC?

Appreciate your honest urge to get things sorted out... Just kidding, please don't take it on the heart (Dil pe mat lena...)...
The AC was excellent,since I have installed 3m front and side films,I had to keep the AC on 23 deg celcius and still it was very cold in the cabin.
Old 16th November 2011, 11:14   #72
BHPian

I just changed the stock horns (hella) to bosch (skoda type)and they sound killer.
I am thinking of installing the HID's on Xuvi.Will it be a hindrance for the oncoming cars?The stock lamps are quite good but just thinking since the projectors are apt for Hids.

Also I am thinking instead of installing amplifier I just change th 4 speakers to 6" Jbl speakers,will this enhance the sound quality?
I have three amps lying in my garage,but the audio installer told me that if I install amp I will have to put a separate button for switching it on and off every time.Can someone throw some light on this?
Old 17th November 2011, 00:08   #73
BHPian

Quote:
I just changed the stock horns (hella) to bosch (skoda type)and they sound killer.
I am thinking of installing the HID's on Xuvi.Will it be a hindrance for the oncoming cars?The stock lamps are quite good but just thinking since the projectors are apt for Hids.

Also I am thinking instead of installing amplifier I just change th 4 speakers to 6" Jbl speakers,will this enhance the sound quality?
I have three amps lying in my garage,but the audio installer told me that if I install amp I will have to put a separate button for switching it on and off every time.Can someone throw some light on this?
Where did you pick-up/ have them fitted (the Bosch horns)!
Rgds
Old 17th November 2011, 00:18   #74
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just changed the stock horns (hella) to bosch (skoda type)and they sound killer. I am thinking of installing the HID's on Xuvi.
Give the car a bit more time before you fiddle with it. As you have seen there are some niggles that have aready popped out. My suggestion is NOT to mess with the electrical right now. If I were in your place, I would have given the car at least 5000-10,000 kms or 6 months before I start messing with the set up.
Old 17th November 2011, 10:27   #75
Senior - BHPian

the cabin looks so lively , i think night time is the best to be inside it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks