Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2013, 16:07   #166
Team-BHP Support

re: 1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedarwalke View Post
Have been really busy with work and my fortuner,so could not update this thread.

Xuvi has clocked 60,000kms in 1 year and 9 months.Its been a pleasure owing it and the M&M after sales is upto the mark now.No complaints what so ever.All the complaints are attended promptly,the other day,AC gas was leaked and it was done free of cost at G3 motors.The tyres can easily do another 10k kms.Mind you I have not spent a single penny on repairs except for servicing,which again is very nominal.

Really happy with the Xuv500.
So proud of this Indian product and its robust build quality.A big salute to M&M.
I am a bit confused here. Few posts back you were cursing M&M, and you were without a vehicle for 4 days due to air bag warning. Even after ECU change the warning came again.

From Dec 2012 to current no issues are coming? If so, it means your XUV is now niggle free. As for AC gas leakage, could they zero on the point of leak. In a 2 year old vehicle such leaks are very uncommon.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 13th August 2013 at 16:08.
tsk1979 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 14:52   #167
BHPian

A quick update on Xuvi,she has clocked 61000kms till date.

Day before yesterday,suddenly the clutch became hard and gears could not be engaged.I made one call to M&M roadside assistance and Mr Baiju , service head at G3 motors,Mr Baiju arranged for a tow van within 30 minutes.
At the same time I was provided a AC swift desire to drop me home from there.Really impressed.

I got a call yesterday that the clucth plate and pressure plate has burnt out and needs replacement.It was replaced once some 20,000 kms previously.What is the normal life of clutch plate?Does it needs to be replaced so frequently?

The service head Mr Baiju at G3 motors has assured me that this will be covered under warranty.

Will keep you guys updated.
kedarwalke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 19:31   #168
BHPian

The folks at G3 motors are just fabulous,they have replaced entire clutch assembly free of cost.Great going M&M,this is so encouraging for other members in the forum as well.Special thanks to Mr Baiju Thomas,he is one man army at G3 Goregao.
Lets understand one thing since clutch is a consumable item and after 60,000 kms I dont think any other manufacturer would had definetly not covered it under warranty.

Go for the desi tank mates,its totally worth it!!!!!
kedarwalke is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 21:00   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The folks at G3 motors are just fabulous,they have replaced entire clutch assembly free of cost.Great going M&M,this is so encouraging for other members in the forum as well.Special thanks to Mr Baiju Thomas,he is one man army at G3 Goregao.
Lets understand one thing since clutch is a consumable item and after 60,000 kms I dont think any other manufacturer would had definetly not covered it under warranty.

Go for the desi tank mates,its totally worth it!!!!!
They did not replace it after 60000kms, but after 20,000kms. Your replaced clutch failed again in just 20,000kms.
Clutch should last 70-80000kms with normal usage(designed for actually 300000kms).
Old 29th August 2013, 18:36   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
They did not replace it after 60000kms, but after 20,000kms. Your replaced clutch failed again in just 20,000kms.
Clutch should last 70-80000kms with normal usage(designed for actually 300000kms).
True that sir the clutch should not wear out so soon.But if it does and the company changes it free of cost,its very reassuring.
Moreover they have said this time its the updated clutch assembly.

My brake pads have worn out,G3 motors quoted 12k for front and rear pads.
I am planning to get it done locally.What brand of brake pads should I look for?
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 21:48   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But if it does and the company changes it free of cost,its very reassuring.
Hi Kedar,

I guess changing it free of cost is fine, however the basic issue of bad quality spares/product remains. Unless this is fixed, it will be a pain for the customers. How many will get this "free of cost" benefit every time is the impending question.

M&M- please!
Old 30th August 2013, 06:33   #172
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did Baiju work with the Mahindra dealer - Sireesh Motors in Bangalore earlier? If yes, i think i know the person. He used to work for Ford as well earlier, and used to take care of my Ikon when i bought it.
Old 1st October 2013, 13:22   #173
BHPian

Hello people, i own a ANHC, 2010, VMT with 40K on the odo. i really want to upgrade to an XUV. my prime considerations are pertol prices, low ground clearance on the ANHC, and the simple power rich feeling that the XUV will offer. The other reason being is that i just got promoted to become on of the youngest chief engineers in the company. I have been recently married, so future wise also XUV makes a lot of sense. Me and my wife are both driving enthusiasts and take up a 3k to 4k road trip at least twice a year.
So basically i do realize that I do not "need" to upgrade, but i "want" to upgrade.
I need opinions and different takes on this matter from all my fellow BHPians & existing XUV owners. I do gather from the various forums here that mahindra is lacking the finess and reliability that honda has. I just need a realistic comparison and also would like you guys to enlighten me on the financial aspects like, how much would my ANHC fetch me, the fastest way to go from owning a city to owning an XUV.
Thanks in advance,
Mandar
Old 12th October 2013, 18:39   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post
I have been recently married, so future wise also XUV makes a lot of sense. Me and my wife are both driving enthusiasts and take up a 3k to 4k road trip at least twice a year.
So basically i do realize that I do not "need" to upgrade, but i "want" to upgrade.
Dear msk016,
Being recently married alone doesn't make sense to buying an XUV. With your family of two, you do not need such a big car.
For you presently, a diesel hatchback would do fine.
My wife and I are also frequent travellers having clocked 75,000 Kms on a Figo which was bought in August 2010.
You should be thinking of a big car when you have two kids, with the younger one around 4 years and you find it difficult to contain both of them within a hatch back or a sedan.

Notwithstanding what I have said in the previous paragraph, If you are already convinced "that you dont need to upgrade, but want to upgrade", its a completely different connotation.
I would borrow distinguished Bhpian SDP's words here:
"What the heck, you live only once"

Life is short, Live it to the lees as long as it lasts.
There is no point in saving for tomorrow and then die without your efforts bearing fruits. You can't even predict whether you will wake up to see the light of the next day.
You might as well live life today to your heart's content.

Now, have I left to convinced or confused?

You figure that out

Last edited by dhanushmenon : 12th October 2013 at 18:41.
dhanushmenon is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th October 2013, 18:46   #175
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushmenon View Post
Dear msk016, Being recently married alone doesn't make sense to buying an XUV. With your family of two, you do not need such a big car. For you presently, a diesel hatchback would do fine. My wife and I are also frequent travellers having clocked here is no point in saving for tomorrow and then die without your efforts bearing fruits. You can't even predict whether you will wake up to see the light of the next day. You might as well live life today to your heart's content. Now, have I left to convinced or confused? You figure that out

No need for any of us to really buy a big huge vehicle for daily use. The roads are getting ever crowded and parking is always a challenge.
So, actually, the smaller, more efficient, more drive able, maneuverable and more park-able your vehicle, the better off you are.

When we bought the Yeti we actually went for a significantly smaller and more efficient vehicle and at the same time, upgraded ourselves into a whole new world of ergonomics, comfort, luxury and safety in comparison to the utilitarian, large, lumbering Scorpio that we had before! It was a natural upgrade choice, the XUV, but frankly it is way too large for a 2 member family for day to day use.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 22:23   #176
BHPian

Quote:
A quick update on Xuvi,she has clocked 61000kms till date.

Day before yesterday,suddenly the clutch became hard and gears could not be engaged.I made one call to M&M roadside assistance and Mr Baiju , service head at G3 motors,Mr Baiju arranged for a tow van within 30 minutes.
At the same time I was provided a AC swift desire to drop me home from there.Really impressed.

I got a call yesterday that the clucth plate and pressure plate has burnt out and needs replacement.It was replaced once some 20,000 kms previously.What is the normal life of clutch plate?Does it needs to be replaced so frequently?

The service head Mr Baiju at G3 motors has assured me that this will be covered under warranty.

Will keep you guys updated.
Do you have any other issues with your car like squeaks etc from the plastic panels or annoying sounds from any other car body parts?
Old 28th October 2013, 12:02   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorquePeedo View Post
Do you have any other issues with your car like squeaks etc from the plastic panels or annoying sounds from any other car body parts?
Yes there are a few squeaks, coming from the seats,will get it done at next service.Also the touch screen is unresponsive at times.My major concern was of the trip meter,both A and B modes do not go further 999 km ie limited to 3 digits only.I have spoken to the RM,he is going to update it to a new odo or some new software next week.I have clocked around 65,000 kms as of now.The tyres can easily do another 5,000kms.Hope that helps.
kedarwalke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2013, 22:44   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post
Hello people, i own a ANHC, 2010, VMT with 40K on the odo. i really want to upgrade to an XUV. my prime considerations are pertol prices, low ground clearance on the ANHC, and the simple power rich feeling that the XUV will offer. The other reason being is that i just got promoted to become on of the youngest chief engineers in the company. I have been recently married, so future wise also XUV makes a lot of sense. Me and my wife are both driving enthusiasts and take up a 3k to 4k road trip at least twice a year. So basically i do realize that I do not "need" to upgrade, but i "want" to upgrade. I need opinions and different takes on this matter from all my fellow BHPians & existing XUV owners. I do gather from the various forums here that mahindra is lacking the finess and reliability that honda has. I just need a realistic comparison and also would like you guys to enlighten me on the financial aspects like, how much would my ANHC fetch me, the fastest way to go from owning a city to owning an XUV. Thanks in advance, Mandar
The XUV is certainly no more a SUV to be considered for ground clearance . The recent ground clearance issue is making me think twice to consider XUV as my replacement to my Scorpio vlx
Old 4th December 2013, 16:57   #179
BHPian

Hey guys,Xuv has clocked around 67,500 kms.I had sent it to G3 A.S.S goregao last week

The key was getting stuck in ignition at times.Every time,they used to lubricate the barrel and after few days the key used to get stuck again.I got the complete barrel lock set,front two door locks changed and got two new Keys as well.

The music system touch screen was malfunctioning,so got the LCD and main head unit replaced.

There were some issues with suspensions,so my service advisor got the bushes and other things replaced as well.

Both the trip meters used to get stuck on 999 kms and did not go any further,they upgraded the software and now it shows in 4 digits.

All above work was carried out in two days and I did not have to pay a single penny.Everything was covered under warranty.

They tyres are stock Bridgestone and still have about 5000-7000kms of life in them.

I am mighty impressed with my Xuv 5OO.

Last edited by kedarwalke : 4th December 2013 at 16:59.
kedarwalke is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 17:30   #180
BHPian

Upgraded the tyres to pirelli scorpions Atr.
They costed about 9k per tyre.The OE Bridgestone did a good job and lasted for 70k, I feel they could had lasted another 10k km easily.
Attached Thumbnails
1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-photo-1.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-photo-2.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-photo-3.jpg  

1st Satin White Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD on Team-BHP. EDIT: 85,000 kms up-photo-4.jpg  

kedarwalke is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks