Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2012, 13:51   #241

Re: VW Jetta MKVI DSG - Update: DIY Mods and Pics on Page 8

hi, have received the bluetooth kit for my jetta tsi.Will require the installation manual from you guys (ayedonggivadam n vw2010) so as to give to the service guys in Goa.
is there any way i can talk to you guys.Can i give you my email on the forum,is it allowed by the mods ?
thanks
Old 4th November 2012, 10:23   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam
Exactly what VW said, at the most there could be some back and forth over the electrical warranty but I doubt they could make voiding electrical warranty stick as there would be no changes to the wiring layout. Further with the use of LED's and HID's the power draw actually goes down laying less stress on the wiring, battery etc. etc.

On a related note, its high time the Govt. set up a commisson to lay down rules on aftermarket mods from a customer protection viewpoint as well as the legality / road worthiness of doing so. Not only will it make life easier on enthusiasts like us, but it will jump start a relatively nascent industry as well as ensure illegal mods or mods that affect road worthiness of a vehicle or endager public safety arent allowed by law in the country.

And oh - OEM Lights cost USD1000/- per unit thats a cool two grands for the pair!
I guess in that case it might be okay. But still a bit skeptical about the reliability of the product. Anyway at least there is an option.
And is $2k for the normal halogen unit?
Old 5th November 2012, 09:26   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
hi, Will require the installation manual from you guys
Sent a PM to you with a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
And is $2k for the normal halogen unit?
No 2K is for the LED equipped HID light assembly OEM, the ones that debuted on the Jetta Hybrid and the MY2013 currently in production abroad.
Old 5th November 2012, 09:34   #244

hi,thanks for the prompt reply but i dont think i can avail of the PM link as my status on the forum is that of a newbie.Any other way you can forward me the link. thanks
Old 5th November 2012, 13:08   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayedongivadam View Post
Exactly what VW said, at the most there could be some back and forth over the electrical warranty but I doubt they could make voiding electrical warranty stick as there would be no changes to the wiring layout. Further with the use of LED's and HID's the power draw actually goes down laying less stress on the wiring, battery etc. etc.

On a related note, its high time the Govt. set up a commisson to lay down rules on aftermarket mods from a customer protection viewpoint as well as the legality / road worthiness of doing so. Not only will it make life easier on enthusiasts like us, but it will jump start a relatively nascent industry as well as ensure illegal mods or mods that affect road worthiness of a vehicle or endager public safety arent allowed by law in the country.

And oh - OEM Lights cost USD1000/- per unit thats a cool two grands for the pair!
This is simply Wow !!. I remember the teaser pics you had uploaded from the hybrid version & looks like it is translating to reality for us @ India

One thing which is not clear from the listing is whether it is Xenons or just halogen projectors - looks like bi-xenons to me..

$ 2K for headlamps I guess time to start saving for the $ 600 - assuming it is xenons.
Old 5th November 2012, 16:01   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkaul1

This is simply Wow !!. I remember the teaser pics you had uploaded from the hybrid version & looks like it is translating to reality for us @ India

One thing which is not clear from the listing is whether it is Xenons or just halogen projectors - looks like bi-xenons to me..

$ 2K for headlamps I guess time to start saving for the $ 600 - assuming it is xenons.
Do take note that bulb is included only for the high beam. For the normal beam you have to purchase separately or you can get a compatible one of your own choice
'AL' is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2012, 10:06   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'AL' View Post
Do take note that bulb is included only for the high beam. For the normal beam you have to purchase separately or you can get a compatible one of your own choice
Thanks for clarifying that. I was wondering if the bulbs were included at all in the first place. Wondering why give only one & not the other? It should be either both or none.

IMO looking at the philips range in India, getting the appropriate bulb should not be too much of an issue.
Old 11th November 2012, 00:07   #248

@ayedongivadam
hi,my experiment of the installation of the bluetooth kit failed as the kit will be compatible with the RCD 510 of the jetta highline and not with the RCD 300 plus on the comfortline.Am stuck with the bluetooth kit as well as the MDI cable (to convert aux to usb )which i have sourced from carsystems.pl .Would be grateful if you guys can help me in disposing of the kit to people who have a highline jetta and may be interested inthe bluetooth kit.Do pass the word around among your friends.
thanks
Old 11th November 2012, 21:17   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomoco View Post
@ayedongivadam
hi,my experiment of the installation of the bluetooth kit failed as the kit will be compatible with the RCD 510 of the jetta highline and not with the RCD 300 plus on the comfortline.Am stuck with the bluetooth kit as well as the MDI cable (to convert aux to usb )which i have sourced from carsystems.pl .Would be grateful if you guys can help me in disposing of the kit to people who have a highline jetta and may be interested inthe bluetooth kit.Do pass the word around among your friends.
thanks
Hi locomoco. I tried sending you a pm but was unable, can you please PM me your email id, would like to talk about the module you have for my jetta HL.
Old 15th November 2012, 00:15   #250

@ chetanya sharma
Hi ,please email me on spalyekar@ymail.com for details of the bluetooth kit.am out of goa at the moment ,will be back in goa on monday.Can send you pics of the kit.
Thanks
Old 8th December 2012, 21:07   #251
BHPian

Hey Ayedongivadam,

How's the Jetta doing? Your thread has been dormant for some time now. No new mods planned? I have been following your and other Jetta owners threads from the start with keen interest and specially yours because of the mods you had done were brilliant and really motivated the rest of us . I had planned to get a Jetta and I couldn't wait to get my car seeing and reading your review but thanks to my dealer here in Aurangabad i booked one twice but because of the dealer not committing a date even after 3 months of booking and not caring one bit i cancelled my booking both times and went ahead for the Skoda Superb MT instead. I think there isn't much mods you can do with the Superb, it just has it all!!
Old 17th January 2013, 10:44   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambhav.jain View Post
Hey Ayedongivadam,

How's the Jetta doing? Your thread has been dormant for some time now. No new mods planned?
.... went ahead for the Skoda Superb MT instead. I think there isn't much mods you can do with the Superb, it just has it all!!
Hi Sambhav, first off my apologies for the late reply. Life's been keeping me occupied. Thank you for your appreciation of the thread, I will post a few updates around the car soon.

Congratulations on your Superb, wish you many miles of happines in your choice. You may want to look up a thread around the Superb of a user here by the handle of 'Dkaile' he has quite a few interesting things to share.
Old 11th March 2013, 19:34   #253
BHPian

Hi I am awaiting for delivery of my jetta dsg on Friday, can you guide me as to what floor mats are you guys using? And us it worth fixing the mud flaps??
Old 11th March 2013, 20:26   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
, can you guide me as to what floor mats are you guys using? And us it worth fixing the mud flaps??
Most of us use the 3D mats. Cost would be around 5-6K.

Mud flaps - Not sure how it helps really. You can actually ignore if you dont have to. The mud flaps actually rub on speed brakers when fully loaded. And its a nuisance when your car is fully loaded.
Old 11th March 2013, 23:15   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

Most of us use the 3D mats. Cost would be around 5-6K.

Mud flaps - Not sure how it helps really. You can actually ignore if you dont have to. The mud flaps actually rub on speed brakers when fully loaded. And its a nuisance when your car is fully loaded.
Where can I get these mats in mumbai

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks