Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 14:44   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner
Hey, what kind of highway mileage are you getting on the Liva?
So far, i have done only one highway run , between Chennai and Pondy. But, i got an amazing mileage of 24kmpl with AC on, 4 people on board at a constant 100-110kmph.
Note: I did not take the ECR, i took the four lane NH45. So, was able to maintain the speed constantly.

But, city mileage seems to have taken a hit. In bumper to bumper traffic with AC, i'm getting around 15kmpl.

Last edited by saadat1992 : 16th November 2012 at 14:46.
saadat1992 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2012, 21:22   #77
BHPian

Its been 124 days and the Liva touched the 3000 mark yesterday.
Noticed it only at 3008. So , hete's the picture. Sorry about the quality.

Name:  ForumRunner_20121123_212246.png
Views: 5788
Size:  269.2 KB
Old 12th December 2012, 19:38   #78
BHPian

re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Got the First Dent! I have no idea how it happened.
Had these concerns right from day 1. The Sheet metal used in the Liva is Flimsy and not so rigid. Even my old Santro's body was very rigid,even when you bang the door with your fist it'll stay intact.
It happened when the car was parked outside. Some moron in a cycle or a bike i suppose did it.
Here is the picture.

The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 70,000 kms update-photo1013.jpg

I also found some problems with the car. The engine is a gem! No issues with that. Problem is with the parts and exterior.
  • The dash board rattle is still persistent. It goes off when i open the glove box or when i keep my hand firmly pressed on the dash.
  • The rubber beading on the door seems to work just fine but, there's too much dirt and water getting collected on the door sill.
  • There's a misalignment or a gap on the driver's door. The door is protruding out of the body for like.. 2-3cms. However, the passenger door is perfect.
  • Crank up the engine, pop the hood , idle for a couple of minutes, kill the engine. You'll hear a small camera lens retracting like sound from the engine compartment. Not sure from where & why the sound is coming. Did any other Etios/Liva diesel owners notice this?

Look at the dirt in the door sill area.
The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 70,000 kms update-photo1014.jpg

The Misalignment. The front door is protruding from the body.I need Help! :(
The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. EDIT: 70,000 kms update-photo1015.jpg

Last edited by saadat1992 : 12th December 2012 at 20:06.
Old 22nd December 2012, 19:43   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
The Misalignment. The front door is protruding from the body.I need Help! :(
Just curious to know if got any solution to your misalignment problem.

I saw that you have installed mat in the floor. What is that material and what is the thickness of it?

Last edited by sups : 22nd December 2012 at 20:02.
Old 22nd December 2012, 23:57   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Just curious to know if got any solution to your misalignment problem.

I saw that you have installed mat in the floor. What is that material and what is the thickness of it?
Nope. I haven't taken the car to the service center yet. It's like 15kms away from my place plus i have my exams going on so, yeah next weekend probably, i'll surely post about it when i get it done

The floor mats, umm.. No idea but i was told that they are the best ones in the market. There were two variants - Ones with big diamond pattern and the ones with the small diamond pattern. I got the small diamonds pattern. They seem to work just fine. It's a must have because it's easy to clean the dirt and water wont seep through!
Old 23rd December 2012, 00:51   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Nope. I haven't taken the car to the service center yet. It's like 15kms away from my place plus i have my exams going on so, yeah next weekend probably, i'll surely post about it when i get it done

The floor mats, umm.. No idea but i was told that they are the best ones in the market. There were two variants - Ones with big diamond pattern and the ones with the small diamond pattern. I got the small diamonds pattern. They seem to work just fine. It's a must have because it's easy to clean the dirt and water wont seep through!
I am eager to know what toyota has to say on that.

As per the advice of my trusted car accessory guy, I have used laminate in my liva GD for better NVH. Its a polyurethene rexine material with a thickness of 4 mm. It has helped to a good extent to reduce noise inside the cabin. Total cost was Rs. 3250/-. I was wondering if its the same material. Infact I have got NVH now with the usage of damping material. My post below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2979388
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2012, 00:09   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups

I am eager to know what toyota has to say on that.

As per the advice of my trusted car accessory guy, I have used laminate in my liva GD for better NVH. Its a polyurethene rexine material with a thickness of 4 mm. It has helped to a good extent to reduce noise inside the cabin. Total cost was Rs. 3250/-. I was wondering if its the same material. Infact I have got NVH now with the usage of damping material. My post below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2979388
Mine too is of the same thickness. Its actually glued to the floor.
I dont think it has reduced the NVH significantly. It merely does the job. This material cost me 1800 bucks for the whole flooring plus a piece for the trunk mat.
Old 29th December 2012, 00:18   #83
BHPian

Update:
It has been 5 months and the car touched the 4000 mark this morning. Thus, the average running per month is 800kms and my average full tank - full tank fuel efficiency is 15-16kmpl in the city with AC on.

The car feels more peppy than before. I guess the engine has settled well.

Drove my friend's i20 diesel today. The clutch , gear, steering and other controls were effortless for a car of that size and weight , felt like a petrol car.
But, it didn't feel as peppy as the liva. It didn't have the low end torque which is abundant in the Liva. The i20 rather felt lethargic.

Liva has many let downs but, i'm really happy to say that i'm one proud Liva owner.
Old 29th December 2012, 14:03   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Mine too is of the same thickness. Its actually glued to the floor.
I dont think it has reduced the NVH significantly. It merely does the job. This material cost me 1800 bucks for the whole flooring plus a piece for the trunk mat.
The material that I have used is not glued to the floor. Its actually screwed on the sides. I have a plan to go for "dampmat" once I have the budget.
Old 29th December 2012, 15:36   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups

The material that I have used is not glued to the floor. Its actually screwed on the sides. I have a plan to go for "dampmat" once I have the budget.
Dampmats? Are those like the 3M types? How much do they cost?
We Etios owners seem to be spending more on the damping carpets and materials than anything else. :(
Old 29th December 2012, 19:21   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Dampmats? Are those like the 3M types? How much do they cost?
Its not 3M, its a product by a team-bhpian. See the thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/produc...at-xtreme.html

On my recent enquiry, the current price was Rs. 8990, being a forum member expect 10% off including shipping.
Old 30th December 2012, 17:40   #87
BHPian

Changed the stock lamps 60/55W to the Phillips rally type 100/90W.
The relay kit + Ceramic holders + Two bulbs (All Phillips) cost me around 1500 bucks , got it from HiTech car decors, Mahalingapuram.
Here are a couple of pics.

The H4 rally bulbs.
Name:  ForumRunner_20121230_173836.png
Views: 5270
Size:  555.3 KB

The relay, wiring and ceramic holders kit.
Name:  ForumRunner_20121230_173904.png
Views: 5421
Size:  443.1 KB
Old 30th December 2012, 18:32   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Update:
It has been 5 months and the car touched the 4000 mark this morning. Thus, the average running per month is 800kms and my average full tank - full tank fuel efficiency is 15-16kmpl in the city with AC on.
Congrats Sadaat, it's a great pleasure following your thread. I am a fellow "White Knight" owner, and like you I am more or less satisfied with my possession. In 4 months, my car is running steady at 5894 km, which is close to 1500 km a month. My full-tank fuel efficiency is between 16-17 km/l with AC on in city traffic, which is by and large similar to yours. Without AC, the car has not returned less than 18 km/l for the past one and half month.

Regarding the misaligned front door of your car, would suggest that a visit to Toyota service centre would solve the problem once for all. The misaligned front door is a problem which I have not noticed in my Liva, I suspect one of the hinges in your car got loose or something.

The dashboard noise will also go. Toyota people are aware of the dashboard rattle problem in that area of the car and has found out methods to correct it. There was a small rattle in my car from that area, as well as from the ICE area. They corrected it in such a way as if it was never there. I have done 2500 km after they fixed it and no problems so far.

In my experience Toyota service is excellent, They not listen to you carefully and take every step to correct any problem.

I haven't done anything regarding the NVH level in my car. Quite used to it by now. Last week fixed a MapmyIndia Navigator, which is working happily.
Old 30th December 2012, 19:41   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post

Congrats Sadaat, it's a great pleasure following your thread. I am a fellow "White Knight" owner, and like you I am more or less satisfied with my possession. In 4 months, my car is running steady at 5894 km, which is close to 1500 km a month. My full-tank fuel efficiency is between 16-17 km/l with AC on in city traffic, which is by and large similar to yours. Without AC, the car has not returned less than 18 km/l for the past one and half month.

Regarding the misaligned front door of your car, would suggest that a visit to Toyota service centre would solve the problem once for all. The misaligned front door is a problem which I have not noticed in my Liva, I suspect one of the hinges in your car got loose or something.

The dashboard noise will also go. Toyota people are aware of the dashboard rattle problem in that area of the car and has found out methods to correct it. There was a small rattle in my car from that area, as well as from the ICE area. They corrected it in such a way as if it was never there. I have done 2500 km after they fixed it and no problems so far.

In my experience Toyota service is excellent, They not listen to you carefully and take every step to correct any problem.

I haven't done anything regarding the NVH level in my car. Quite used to it by now. Last week fixed a MapmyIndia Navigator, which is working happily.
Good to know that my thread has a follower!
The mileage will differ from driver to driver. Here, we have a mix of sedated and pedal to metal type driving. So, maybe that's the reason i'm falling short by 1-2kmpl but, I'm not complaining !
And regarding the door issue, I have to get it fixed ASAP. Getting it fixed in weekdays is not possible. The service center is closed on Sundays. I will have to get it fixed before this Saturday because I'll be hitting the road to southern Tamil Nadu for the weekend and that's the reason I changed the headlamps for the highway run.
I have dropped the plans of getting the underbody coating done, thanks to the heads up by amalji and nkrishnap!
I noticed that the milky white has turned into yellowish white. So, thinking of taking the car to 3M and get the paint sealant done!
Old 30th December 2012, 20:13   #90
BHPian

Light comparison.
Stock - 60/55W
New - 90/100W
Attaching the pics comparing them. See the diff for yourself!

Stock Low beam.
Name:  ForumRunner_20121230_200816.png
Views: 4417
Size:  415.8 KB

After market Low beam.
Name:  ForumRunner_20121230_200842.png
Views: 4433
Size:  591.4 KB

Stock High beam.
Name:  ForumRunner_20121230_200912.png
Views: 4399
Size:  430.8 KB