Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2013, 21:38   #136
BHPian

UPDATE:

Got the car back from the 10k service today. Gave it on saturday & got it a few hours ago.
This service also included the suspension change & dash rattle fix.

Well, let me start off with the suspension.

* The THUD sound is gone for good!!

* They are on the stiffer side. Earlier, when i go over bumps, there used to be a small jerk and a THUD sound. But, now I can slightly feel the jerk filter inside the cabin. The new one is kind of hard but i'm not complaining. It does the job well.

* I asked them to add the spacers at the rear. The service engineer told that it's not necessary & if i add them , the suspension will become really stiff when they wear out.

The next major issue to be addressed is the dash rattle.
I insisted them on fixing it & i'm glad they did.
The rattles are no more!

There was a minor issue with the handbrake lever. When released, it had a lot of play i.e. It wasn't stiff; it was loose and moves from one side to another with a gentle push. This issue wasn't fixed. They told that it's common & even the new Etios had the same issue.

They changed the engine oil & few others but i wasn't charged for it.

They rotated the tyres. The right front tyre went to the rear, the left front is now the spare and the spare tyre is now the left rear tyre.

Signed for the SMILES package @ Rs.3700.

Everything went well until i got into the car. There were stains and dust in the car. Wasn't really expecting it. The outer was completely washed & they forgot to clean the interiors.

I'd give 2.5/5 for Harsha's service. Bit disappointed here.

Here are a few pics.

Spare tyre on the rear left.
Name:  ForumRunner_20130513_213334.png
Views: 8382
Size:  336.1 KB

Slightly worn out front tyre is now at the rear.
Name:  ForumRunner_20130513_213356.png
Views: 8120
Size:  280.1 KB

BAD: Mud on the door panels.
Name:  ForumRunner_20130513_213415.png
Views: 8132
Size:  293.9 KB

SMILES package
Name:  ForumRunner_20130513_213440.png
Views: 7985
Size:  279.3 KB

Gift Voucher from TOYOTA
Name:  ForumRunner_20130513_213501.png
Views: 8401
Size:  336.9 KB

Total bill
Name:  ForumRunner_20130513_213518.png
Views: 8208
Size:  246.9 KB
Old 14th May 2013, 09:35   #137
Senior - BHPian

re: The White Knight - My Toyota Etios Liva Diesel. 25000 kms update

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
UPDATE:
Well, let me start off with the suspension.

* The THUD sound is gone for good!!

* They are on the stiffer side. Earlier, when i go over bumps, there used to be a small jerk and a THUD sound. But, now I can slightly feel the jerk filter inside the cabin. The new one is kind of hard but i'm not complaining. It does the job well.
Enjoy the new suspensions. It's real fun.

Quote:
They changed the engine oil & few others but i wasn't charged for it.
Why is it so ? Engine oil should have been charged!

Quote:
Everything went well until i got into the car. There were stains and dust in the car. Wasn't really expecting it. The outer was completely washed & they forgot to clean the interiors.
I'd give 2.5/5 for Harsha's service. Bit disappointed here.
When they call for the feedback, mention about this. Just tell them bluntly that the interior was not cleaned. Give them a chance to act for 1 week. If it doesn't work out, call Toyota directly and complain.

Quote:
Gift Voucher from TOYOTA
Attachment 1083140
Can you select any gift from that ? What does that voucher actually provide a customer with ?

Quote:
I guess, the 'free' for oil and oil filter is because you signed up for the SMILES pack where you prepay for 10,000kms and 20,000 kms combined. So 3,700 bill is for 10,000 and 20,000 service combined. Correct me, if I'm wrong.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:30   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post

Why is it so ? Engine oil should have been charged!
They did!

Quote:
When they call for the feedback, mention about this. Just tell them bluntly that the interior was not cleaned. Give them a chance to act for 1 week. If it doesn't work out, call Toyota directly and complain.
Well, i called them over and pointed it out. They were kind of embarrassed because my car was near the delivery area where 2 people were there for taking delivery of their new Etios. So, they immediately called a service personnel who wiped the car clean inside out.

Quote:
Can you select any gift from that ? What does that voucher actually provide a customer with ?
Yeah, any one out of those 4. I guess this is a brand building strategy?

Quote:
I guess, the 'free' for oil and oil filter is because you signed up for the SMILES pack where you prepay for 10,000kms and 20,000 kms combined. So 3,700 bill is for 10,000 and 20,000 service combined. Correct me, if I'm wrong.
Umm, i'm not sure about it. Signed the agreement and paid for it only after taking delivery of the car.

Last edited by saadat1992 : 14th May 2013 at 12:31.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:39   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Umm, i'm not sure about it. Signed the agreement and paid for it only after taking delivery of the car.
Be Sure now boss, the Smiles is mainly for the oil and consumables during 10,000 and 20,000 kms service.

This package also allows you to avail some additional goodies like below:
1. Free pick-up and drops (guess - it is for 4 times)
2. 50% off for wheel-balancing, rotation, etc..

Summing it all, Smiles does saves a few hundred bucks. Do read about the package in detail and make full use of it

Happy Motoring with this brilliant car, I am enjoying each bit of it too!

Cheers!
M

Last edited by Mister_M : 14th May 2013 at 12:41.
Old 14th May 2013, 21:03   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post

Be Sure now boss, the Smiles is mainly for the oil and consumables during 10,000 and 20,000 kms service.

This package also allows you to avail some additional goodies like below:
1. Free pick-up and drops (guess - it is for 4 times)
2. 50% off for wheel-balancing, rotation, etc..

Summing it all, Smiles does saves a few hundred bucks. Do read about the package in detail and make full use of it

Happy Motoring with this brilliant car, I am enjoying each bit of it too!

Cheers!
M
Hi!
Thanks for the info!
Well, I didn't go through the details completely! It was my dad who went through it!
Old 13th June 2013, 21:48   #141
BHPian

Quote:

The rubber beading on the door seems to work just fine but, there's too much dirt and water getting collected on the door sill.
Hi saadat I also own a Liva GD. This is a major concern for Etios owners. Is there any way of fixing internal door beading like in most of the cars.
Old 13th June 2013, 22:08   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Hi saadat I also own a Liva GD. This is a major concern for Etios owners. Is there any way of fixing internal door beading like in most of the cars.
I have the same problem on my Fiesta too! But the beading by design ends halfway, so the dirt getting collected at the bottom half of the door sills is nothing new to me. But it seriously hurts me, when I open a car after washing it for over 2 hours!
Old 13th June 2013, 23:30   #143
BHPian

Update:
The car is now 10 months and 25 days old & it touched the 11,000km mark today. Here's the pic of the odo.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130613_232902.png
Views: 7015
Size:  160.3 KB

There are a few issues after the suspension change, since this new one is a stiff one, going over bad roads is a big pain & feels like the dash will fall off! As a result of which the rattles are back and are more prominent now. :/
Will have to take it back to Toyota to get rid of issue once for all!
Old 13th June 2013, 23:34   #144
BHPian

Quote:

Yeah. That's one of the cons in the pre-facelift model. The new ones have the beading in the door.

Well, there isn't any particular fix for this issue. I stuck transparent plastic sheet on the door sill area to avoid the sill from getting scratched & it proves to be helpful in cleaning up the dirt. You really can't avoid it. I faced it in my old Santro too but it wasn't this bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post

I have the same problem on my Fiesta too! But the beading by design ends halfway, so the dirt getting collected at the bottom half of the door sills is nothing new to me. But it seriously hurts me, when I open a car after washing it for over 2 hours!
Dude! Your's is a blue car. Mine is a white one! Can you imagine how disheartening it'll be to wash, dry and wax the car for almost half a day and then finding all those mud & water stains on the door? :(

Last edited by saadat1992 : 13th June 2013 at 23:37.
Old 14th June 2013, 05:13   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Skoda octavia's beeding matches perfectly for the Etios. Check it out, if this is a hassle for you. For me, this is not much of an issue. But, my friend - Vinu has used the Skoda beeding on his liva.
Old 14th June 2013, 09:32   #146
BHPian

Quote:
There are a few issues after the suspension change, since this new one is a stiff one, going over bad roads is a big pain & feels like the dash will fall off! As a result of which the rattles are back and are more prominent now. :/
Will have to take it back to Toyota to get rid of issue once for all!
I am a bit surprised to hear that. The effect of change in the suspension is very minimal in my liva in terms of ride quality. It is slightly stiffer than the earlier, and it does make the vehicle little more stable. I hope harsh ride in your case is not due to some other problem. Anyway, get it checked.

Last edited by sups : 14th June 2013 at 09:33.
Old 14th June 2013, 18:53   #147
BHPian

Not sure what the problem is.
But, today i tested the high speed ability of the new suspensions, didnt feel much difference since i didnt cross 110kmph.
Old 14th June 2013, 19:45   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. That's one of the cons in the pre-facelift model. The new ones have the beading in the door.
The face-lift also does not have the beading on the door as far as I know. People who bought the post face-lift model like Dr.Nishath and ku69rd can clarify. If I remember correctly the demo model in the showrooms didn't have the door beading.

Quote:
Not sure what the problem is.
But, today i tested the high speed ability of the new suspensions, didnt feel much difference since i didnt cross 110kmph.
I don't know what do you mean by high speed ability of the new suspension. With respect to ride quality the new suspension gives you a harsher low speed ride and better high speed side (10-30 kmph versus >40 kmph) mainly because it is stiffer. It gives you better handling at any speed because the newer suspension is stiffer and the lateral movement at curves is largely minimized. In the old model this particular aspect used to make me nervous in curves. Because of lateral movement I used to restrict the speed to 60 or less but post upgrade I can confidently take certain longish curves at up to 80 kmph speed.

All this discussion is relevant only to front suspension.

Thank You.

Last edited by mroptimist : 14th June 2013 at 19:46. Reason: Corrected punctuation
Old 14th June 2013, 23:57   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post

Because of lateral movement I used to restrict the speed to 60 or less but post upgrade I can confidently take certain longish curves at up to 80 kmph speed.
Well, i'm puzzled. Corners as in, the expressway ones? The car was able to take the curves at 140kmph in the old suspension setup with out any drama, thanks to the wide stance and a good chasis. A friend of mine was able to take a corner(expressway) at 160 with the new suspension set up but, it was kind of hard to take it, like you said the lateral moment was controlled but the steering was really hard at that speed.
Old 15th June 2013, 00:04   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Well, i'm puzzled. Corners as in, the expressway ones? The car was able to take the curves at 140kmph in the old suspension setup with out any drama, thanks to the wide stance and a good chasis. A friend of mine was able to take a corner(expressway) at 160 with the new suspension set up but, it was kind of hard to take it, like you said the lateral moment was controlled but the steering was really hard at that speed.
Dude I am sorry I should have been more clearer. I was talking about western ghat roads not expressways. What is the maximum you have pushed your Liva on a ghat road? My daily drive to the workplace is 5 kms one way of curvy ghats in Kerala.

Last edited by mroptimist : 15th June 2013 at 00:08. Reason: Added more info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks